[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milsurp/ Mauser Expert Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: masuer 1.jpg (40KB, 1024x243px) Image search: [Google]
masuer 1.jpg
40KB, 1024x243px
Greetings fellow /k/ommandos.

I've never purchased a Mauser before, but have enjoyed shooting them, and decided I wanted to invest.

However, I wanted to purchase an actual German made Mauser in some capacity, at least where it counts. I wanted to shoot with it every once and a while, but also have an interesting piece of history. I found this locally, but I'm not entirely certain if it's legitimate in any way.

I think it might be a Russian recapture. If anyone could assist in identifying this, I would be greatly appreciative.

Here's the link to the photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/manowar/media/dot43/dot43k.jpg.html

Asking price is 400.00. Supposedly bought it from an importer in 1999. Maybe Century Arms. Which is somewhat disconcerting.
>>
That amount of rust makes me uncomfortable. How's it look inside the barrel?
>>
>>32794566
>a
The bore is pretty smooth and the rifling is in decent condition. Not perfect, but decent. I can't speak about headspace unfortunately.
>>
>>32794489
>Maybe Century Arms. Which is somewhat disconcerting
Why?

Anyways it's probably a capture judging from the peening on the proof marks, but most Russian captures don't have the bolt in the white.
>>
>>32794644
I've just heard terrible things about Century, but perhaps that only pertains to their Frankenstein pieces like FALs, CETMES, e.t.c.

The bolt in white is what concerns me as well, any leads as to why that would be?
>>
Op here, the stock and hband serials dont match the receivers.
>>
>>32794666
Might not be a Russian captures, might have had the bolt replaced, might be a Russian capture that just didn't get blued or whatever they put on most of them. The latter two are most likely.

Century really only has a "bad" reputation for guns that they put together themselves. Which is partially deserved, but not so much so since they restructured in 2008.
>>
>>32794751
Thanks for the help. I've also read that the bolt might have been late war, which could add to the recapture possibility. It's difficult to tell I suppose.

Was it most likely machine in Germany during WW2 though? Or at least parts of it were? I don't think it's a fake, but I'm no expert.
>>
>>32794795
No, it's not a fake. No one with any sort of brains would fake THAT. Might not be a pure (as in, uncaptured) German, but it was made in Germany and was used by Germans. At $400 it's not a bad price, Russian captures are around $500 nowadays.
>>
>>32794909
Thanks a ton. Really appreciate the help.
>>
>>32794918
No problem. If you buy it, take it to the milsurp thread and posters who know so fuck ton more than me can give you more information. Mausers aren't really my area of interest.
>>
Hello it is a Romanian. After the war the Romainains used a lot of K98s along with VZ 24's/ They always scrubbed the swastikas like that.
>>
>>32794998
>Hello it is a Romanian.
Came here to post this. Russian captures are never this extensively defaced of their German markings; the only people who took it this far were the Romanians, which fits with the overall condition of the rifle.
>>
Not important, but the cleaning rod is missing.
>>
>>32794998
>>32795025

Just to clarify, it's a Romanian captured Mauser? That's fascinating. Thanks once more the assistance.
>>
Captured and captured...
>>
>>32795317
No way to really say if the Romanians actually captured it when they turned on the Axis, or if it was given to them by the Soviets, or just left behind in Romania when the Germans were defeated by the Soviets.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.