[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Don't We Have More AC-130 Gunships?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: AC-130.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
AC-130.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGIruSCRLpc&ab_channel=MatsimusGaming
>>
Why the fuck is your intro over a minute long?
>>
>>32793997
he's laying foundation for the vid dude
>>
>>32793966

I don't need to wacht a video to see that we don't have more because we don't need them.

Is expensive and its application is too narrow for counterinsurgency, and everytime its deployed there is always the small danger that the insurgents might have some small AA that is enough to wreck its shit.

So its a punctual support plane untill we find a way to have space shuttle doorgunners.
>>
>>32794005
You don't need sixty seconds to do that. Video thumbnails and descriptions exist for a reason. People already know what to expect when they click it, they don't need to sit and wait for a full minute before anything actually starts to happen.

Also, fuck you. You're retarded and probably think we still need the A-10 if you're the kind of person that wants more AC-130s.
>>
>>32794030
>Also, fuck you. You're retarded and probably think we still need the A-10 if you're the kind of person that wants more AC-130s.
I did not make this video.
I agree,it's useless in combat situations on the modern battlefield,why go low and be exposed to AA when you can drop smart bombs on enemies from 6 miles up and deliver it at a much higher speed(1 220 Mph vs 340 Mph),crybabies that bitch about the A-10 being replaced just like it because it looks cool(BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT).
>>
File: 3058-04-iida-janne.jpg (118KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
3058-04-iida-janne.jpg
118KB, 1024x576px
>Why Don't We Have More AC-130 Gunships?!

Why SHOULD "we" have more?

Can you explain why there would even be a need for more?
>>
>>32793966

Extremely situational and requires a total airspace control and a severe lack of MANPADs and SAMs in general.

That means they can't be deployed outside of 3rd world shitboxes that are using WW1 surplus as their primary means of combat.
>>
>>32793997
I called him out on it before. He didn't think there was anything wrong
>>
>>32794218
>"we"
detain yourself, loser
>>
>>32793966
They're retardedly vulnerable, even compared to other CAS platforms that are exposed to similar threats. Their operational profile requires them to fly low enough to fire their guns, which means they're low enough to shoot back at with gunfire. And unlike any other CAS aircraft, they're huge and have to fly predictable paths. We lost several in Vietnam over the Ho Chi Minh trail to gunfire, and in 1991 an Igla downed one over Kuwait because they stayed in the air long enough for the sun to come out.

They have their use, but they have such a niche role that they're really not worth flying in huge numbers.
>>
>>32793966
Because it's only barely practical against insurgents and guerilla units. Against a modern military, it's basically useless.
>>
>>32794272
Im the OP what did you tell me?
>>
>>32794008
>best post that will be in this thread

screen cap this
>>
>>32795054

Not true, it saw action in desert storm.

It's good at night, protecting special operation units.

One got schwacked, but that's the risk you take, and the pilot knew the odds of staying and providing fires.

Apparently his support was invaulable, and saved lives.
>>
>>32795482
To add to this, the airforce is developing a new ac-130, the ac-130j. Sbd, Griffin missiles, and eventually a high energy laser.
>>
>>32793966
GAMING.
It is a gaming channel you mong.
>>
Guys guys. What if like, what if fuuuuuu... We upgrade the AC-130! First, are you listening? We like put jet engines on it then we, waaaait for it, remove the guns and uhhh change it with laser bombs and such. Maaan.
>>
>>32793966

You only need a few per asymmetric theater

They are a specific tool for a specific situation, and said situation doesn't need all that many
>>
>>32795432
I called Matsimus out on his overly long intros.
>>
>>32795810
Guy is former British armored recovery vehicle driver. Also a retard.
>>
>>32793966
Fucking christ. We do have more. More are on the way. AC130J is under development, and the Marines helped in the creation of the AC130W Stinger II's.
On top of that, the entire marine fleet of legacy KC130 tankers are getting replaced with KC130-J tankers (newest model) to be fitted with the Harvest Hawk weapons package.
Learn your shit my little nooblets.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.