[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orange synthetic stock on 870

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (12KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 500x325px
Just ordered one of the prison surplus 870 Police Magnums from SouthernOhioGun.com. 219 seemed like a really good deal. Anyway, they called just now and said they had no more 18 inch guns with black furniture but had a few with this orange set.

Anyone seen these before? It doesn't look like it's just a recolor of the stock furniture so I assume the corrections department got them aftermarket. Just curious if anyone owned or had come across this furniture before, knew who made it or why the department might have designated some guns to have orange aftermarket furniture.

I know it's a silly question, but I'm curious about it
>>
>>32793734

Cerakote the metal of the shotgun purple

Do it
>>
>>32793745
I was actually thinking a light grey, if the finish is garbage. Get dat NES look going.
>>
>>32793734
Usually orange furniture denotes that the gun should only be loaded with less than lethal shot.

Don't get me wrong, they can use any ammo, it's just to help other officers know that the shotgun is loaded with LTL shot.
>>
>>32793734
I'm seriously considering dropping money on this.

But I've also got a massive want for the mossy 590A1 so I can put wood furniture...

Fuck this choice man.
>>
>>32793822

This. Those shotguns would have served in an anti-riot/LTL role, likely with beanbag or gas rounds.

It's mostly to make sure the idiot doesn't grab the wrong shotgun and end up killing Jamal when he wanted to pop him with a bag.
>>
>>32793807
Damn, now I want one too...
>>
>>32793734
My dad had one of these a few years back. Orange indicates its for less than lethal but I think it can still run normal loads. You should buy it.
>>
File: moss 500.jpg (2MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
moss 500.jpg
2MB, 3456x5184px
>>32793734
nothing wrong with orange.
>>
>>32793853
>>32793948
>>32793822

I was wondering if maybe that might be the case.

That's a cool thing to know. Might also mean the shotgun has been used a little more but fuck it, it's an 870, it'll hold up,

This might slow down my haste on getting the MOE furniture for a few weeks.

>>32794035
Or maybe not. That's nice as fuck.
>>
>>32793829
What's stopping you from putting wood furniture on an 870?

For the record this was 245 after credit card fees and shipping. Aren't new 590s something like 500 bucks?
>>
>>32794035
>>32793734
>civvies using orange
Rrrreeee

>>32793948
>I think it can still run normal loads.
>I think
Why post if you know nothing about guns
>>
>>32793829
>But I've also got a massive want for the mossy 590A1 so I can put wood furniture...
Wat
>>
I remember someone else getting one of these and putting a bunch of tactical crap on it. It's different, not bad looking. The only aesthetic mod you need is a Lambda on the stock. The police magnums are good and if you get sick of it swap the furniture out.
>>
That looks rad as hell OP. Go for it.

Synthetic furniture is cheap as shit anyway so you can change it if you really hate it.
>>
Just to note, if that scattergat WAS meant for bags, it'll have a rifled barrel. Be aware OP.
>>
>>32794310
I'll double check it when it get it. Why would beanbag rounds require rifling, though?
>>
>>32794035
Aesthetic as fuck, Looks like something that you'd find in the "in case of aliens break glass" box at some research facility in the new mexico desert.
>>
>>32793734
How do u buy things from SOG if ur not an FFL?
>>
>>32794549
If there's no spin, the bags don't expand and stay bunched up. If they stay bunched up they act like a slug and can do some nasty, definitely not less lethal damage to perps. Look up some slomo of it if you've got the chance, it's neat.
>>
>>32793734
>get gun
>cover every surface that is not already orange with urban digitalcamo
Voila, urban hazard 870
Alternatively,
>paint everything else orange
>now have hunting arcade shotgun
>>
>>32794598
You give them your preferred FFL's address as the shipping destination and they process it there like any other FFL transfer. The "FFL Purchase Only" designation on their website just means it isn't a C&R gun or item that can be shipped to you directly. You can still buy it for an FFL transfer.

>>32794621
That makes sense. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to triple check my bore before accepting the transfer.
>>
>>32793734
Both Hogue and Speedfeed make blaze orange stocks you can buy but they are primarily used by LE to denote they are loaded with Less Lethal ammunition. The stock pictured in OP is the speedfeed MFG set. The idea is if the officer has access to two 870s one lethal and one less lethal they can immediately identify which gun is loaded with what without having to check since usually when you're reaching for a shotgun you need it and need it fast. The actual shotguns themselves are unmodified and guns with the orange stocks are still regular guns and can still fire lethal ammunition. The fact that you said these are prison trade ins means that the orange stock models will have seen far more use because prisons very rarely shoot anyone with lethal ammunition anymore. If prisoners get shot with lethal ammunition its usually outside the facility during transport which is rare. Inside the prison the less lethal guns will be used often to fire rubber buckshot, beanbags, tear gas, and sometimes those taser slugs to put rowdy prisoners in their place without killing them.
>>
File: 500 kube.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
500 kube.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>32794583
Thaks dude. Shit was on sale at PSA so I went with it.
>>
>>32794654
Oh, ok. The way the word that is confusing.
>>
>>32794166
Shall not be infringed, pig. If he wants the entire gun to be orange he can have it that way.
>>
>>32794174
He wants a mossberg 590 with wood furniture, whats not to get?
>>
>>32793853
Or conversely, pop Jamal with a beanbag when he was on bath salts with a knife.
>>
>>32794813
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Painting the flash hider on my AR orange is legal, but it's also a pretty bad idea.
>>
File: 250px-Philippinerooster[1].jpg (21KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Philippinerooster[1].jpg
21KB, 250x188px
>>32793745
OUT
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.