[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

roll pins, roll pins everywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: P10CFDE_R.png (192KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
P10CFDE_R.png
192KB, 1070x713px
Why is CZ obsessed with roll pins? I really, really, want to like CZ pistols, but why can't these faggot just use dowel pins?
>>
>>32793196
I haven't looked at one yet but I agree. Not so much that I think a roll pin will break. I don't think that at all. I think most of us who drift a roll pin out with a roll pin punch still end up fucking it up. Maybe it's my Mongoloid strength.

Like I love xd's...minus the roll pin retaining the firing pin.
>>
>>32793334
>Not so much that I think a roll pin will break.
my thoughts exactly. also, roll pins get beat up and wear out. they are cheap to replace, but why have to maintain a roll pin inventory? it cuts costs for them, but I don't see that cost savings being passed along. granted this pistol is cheaper than a Glock, but it's being made in a place where a high manufacturing worker's wage is $120/month
>>
File: 1443777860060.jpg (8KB, 260x267px) Image search: [Google]
1443777860060.jpg
8KB, 260x267px
>>32793196
Kind of related, I have 3 CZs so I'm definitely not a hater but...

I fucking hate the new front post style and the teeny tiny sliver of metal left on the slide between the post and the barrel, I aware it appears to be a non issue but it just looks so fucking flimsy and half assed. It's triggering my autism so bad I'm selling my P-07
>>
>>32793584
>$1000/mo
Ftfy
>>
>>32793641
hmm, I googled and saw that average manufacturing wages in CR were 28,000 (highest) to 11,800 (lowest). exchange rate between dollars is $0.04. I realize that engineers and the guy that programs the CNC machine make more and contribute to manufacturing costs, but just not seeing $1000/per month for most of the people that actually touch the gun during its manufacturing.
>>
roll pins or split pins? roll pins are fine, split pins are the cancer.
>>
>>32793584
Yeah, it's cutting corners. The stupid thing is at the expense of the consumers time. I wouldn't consider it expensive or bother me if I had to stock up roll pins for guns. I stock up on cam pins, springs, and firing pins for my ar's. Those parts are not a burden to replace. That's what gets me about roll pins in general.
>>
You do understand a roll pin acts like a spring right? The small slit compresss to fit into a hole to apply tension . Im willing to bet this is there reasoning for using them
>>
>>32795242
Their
>>
>>32795242
This guy gets it.
>>
>>32793196
I'll wait to see it in person. You may not need to do work with the roll pins unless you have major problems.
>>
>>32795242
We aren't debating why it's used, just that it is and if compared to a Glock, how unnecessary they are for maintenance.

I get what you're saying smartass but go punch the roll pins out in a baretta slide and tell me again why someone should be cool with them.
>>
>>32795931
Hey smartass

>Why is CZ obsessed with roll pins?
>why can't these faggot just use dowel pins?
>Why does CZ use roll pins stead of dowel pins?

The thread is literally about why the roll pins are used instead of dowel, the thread is literally not about the fact that they are and how unnecessary they are for maintenance smartass but go read the OP and tell us again what the thread itself is about
>>
File: CZP10C-takedown.jpg (90KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
CZP10C-takedown.jpg
90KB, 960x960px
>>32795931
>glock is still the best says increasingly nervous man

But seriously, the glocks rails are molded into the frame. From the looks of if the rails are held into the p10c with roll pins. You should only ever need to remove the roll pins when there is a problem with rails or internal frame or what ever they chose to call it.
>>
>>32795931
Hey smartass like i said the manufacturer probably thought the spring tension was needed in its particular instance. They used roll pins for you to have a better product.
Stop trying to argue with everything and use what what used yo be called critical thinking. Btw critical thinking doesnt mean being critical. Go upstairs and ask your parents to explain it. On second thought, forget it. If they had done their job raising you, you would already know. Glad i could help.
>>
>>32796904
Look like i was right. He went upstairs and asked his parents. His dad punched him in the mouth for being stupid
>>
>>32796904
>what used yo be called critical thinking

Shut up you nigger.
>>
>>32796796
Cz's modular system. Lol.
>>
>>32797619
Snappy come back bitchy. And again, looks like i was right
>>
>>32797715
>Roll pins for a better product.

Yeah ok.
>>
>>32798029
The manufacturers opinion not mine. Just trying to guess their reasons. I have one gun with one roll pin. Gold cup with ellison (sp?) Sites. Rear has roll pin that i had to replace. Kept coming out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.