[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: Training.png (25KB, 828x170px) Image search: [Google]
Training.png
25KB, 828x170px
So, how much does /k/ train?
>>
Training is a meme.

>muh paper don't shoot back

Soldiers in the ME spend millions of rounds for every insurgent killed despite all of their training. Yet "tactical" fuckheads like Yeager try to convince us that you will die instantly if you ever get into a gunfight without training. Fact is, any gunfight you get into will come down to who points and squeezes fastest and most accurately.
>>
>>32791387
>Training is a meme.

First mistake, you were never ready.
>>
>>32791396
Guy has no training
>>
>>32791387
nigga you dumb
>>
>Training is a bad thing

Since when has practice ever not helped you get better at something?
>>
>>32791387
Pretty much this.
It's easy to train on your own or with friends, especially with YouTube and other pockets of free information readily available.
Just make a barrier practice from some plywood and get some steel targets for advanced stuff.
>>
>>32791387
This is what nogunz think
>>
File: baitus.gif (68KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
baitus.gif
68KB, 300x153px
>>32791382
I think OP is being a faggot and not differentiating between giving some highspeed lowdrag your money and actually training.
One is far more expensive and inaccessible than the other.
>>
>>32791387
Is this ironic?
>>
File: scar17s.png (16KB, 516x157px) Image search: [Google]
scar17s.png
16KB, 516x157px
Yeager didn't tak his driver course training.
>>
>>32791387
True to a degree. Sure training helps but most of us will never train enough for it to really matter. The competency gap between being a skilled hobbiest shooter and a professional isn't something you can maintain going to a class once a quarter.

Being familiar with your weapon and comfortable is the 95% of what "training" is and anyone can do this anywhere.
>>
>>32791387
>Soldiers in the ME

You're not a soldier in the middle east. What makes sense for them does not make sense for you. Nobody's going to IED your car while you're on the way to the grocery store.
>>
>>32792341
>Nobody's going to IED your car while you're on the way to the grocery store.

>Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015.
>>
If training makes me unable to drive stick and hide in ditches I'd rather pass, thanks though.
>>
>>32791387

>any gunfight you get into will come down to who points and squeezes fastest and most accurately.

Implying that speed and accuracy aren't the direct result of learning proper technique and practicing it.
>>
I go to the range and put usualy put 200 though the rifle and 200 through the pistol a month.
>>
Usually every other day or every 3 days I put 36 rounds each visit through my 9mm, 50 rounds through my .22lr and 40 or 50 rounds through my .22 pistol.
>>
>>32791382
what a cunt
>>
File: 1474388626226.gif (797KB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
1474388626226.gif
797KB, 300x198px
>>32792769
So much this.
>>
>>32791387
>Fact is, any gunfight you get into will come down to who points and squeezes
Exactly. Which is why you train.
Faggatron.
>>
>>32791382
Train?
I mean, I don't go out and do barrel rolls, but I go once a week and shoot dirt.
>>
>>32791387
>Training is a meme.

You're an idiot.

>Soldiers in the ME spend millions of rounds for every insurgent killed despite all of their training.

>despite all of their training.

So you've never been in the military then. Your opinion on anything to do with the military and how it is to be in the military is invalid.

>any gunfight you get into will come down to who points and squeezes fastest and most accurately.

>Gunfight comes down to shooting accurately quickly! But don't train to do it!

I feel like this meme is perpetuated by no gun faggots.
>>
>>32791404
It just reminds me of the same situation when empty hand fighting is discussed. You always have these people who have never been in a fight but believe that they would persevere with no training or experience, and in fact training makes you worse.

It's the clearest example of Dunning Kruger possible.
>>
>>32791382
Training ? For what ?
I use my weapons for sport shooting only.
>>
>>32791387
>Soldiers in the ME spend millions of rounds for every insurgent killed despite all of their training.
>I don't understand suppressive fire
>>
File: IMAG0106.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0106.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
Paying for a training course is just stupid. If you cant setup some targets and run drills where you shoot, you might as well be no gunz. Crush the urbanite
>>
>>32794637

I bet you think you're an MMA fighter because you set up a heavy bag and speed bag in your garage and go at them a few times a week with drills you learned on the Internet, too.
>>
>>32791405
Yeah lemmie just fire off some rounds in my neiborhood. Not all of us live on the family pig farm ya fudd.
>>
>>32794723

Not him, but watching mma videos and instructionals and practicing with friends did wonders for me. When I finally grew up, got a job, and joined an mma school I was pretty intermediate in MMA skill wise.

The training I received as infantry in the Marines wasn't anything I'd say I also wouldn't be able to learn from a book and videos either.

Maybe the super secret delta ninja spec op guys learn some real good shit. But as long as you practice, that seems to be the most important shit.
>>
>>32794901
What I'd really like is to see some of the high end MMA gyms like ATT offer more self-defense oriented classes that integrate sparring with fake guns and knives. I've always found my MMA training to be reliable and practical and would like someone a bit more professional than me come up with a training routine that'll help me retain and draw my gun when grappling or disarm someone with a knife using more MMA focused techniques rather than your typical self-defense Bullshido.
>>
>>32794963
Bro. I'm literally opening up a school like this. A lot of us who do MMA also come from a traditional martial arts background that does have knife and gun defense and offense incorporated into it.

But of course, we're gonna do it with the realism and practicality of MMA
>>
>>32794723
For what you're going to use it for the training and drills you run will be fine. Do you really think you need navy seal operator training. The most you will probably ever have to do is win a fist fight or pull your cc on someone.
>>
>>32792325
Much as it physically pains me to agree with Buck Angel, the SCAR in general IS a meme gun
>>
>>32791387
I almost took the bait
>>
File: James Yaeger.jpg (164KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
James Yaeger.jpg
164KB, 650x650px
>>32791382

>Paying for training when you can throw your own gun on the ground

>Paying to have Buck Wild and friends yell at you for a few hours and throw your guns on the ground

I can throw my own guns on the ground and ND at random things and scratch them up. If I want a tranny to yell at me i'll drive to the city and find one. Fuck Buck Wild. (not literally)
>>
>>32795255
>one instructor twists and grinds a glock into the ground
>has an ND
>that is now part of the curriculum
kys

making a class understand that their weapons are not made of glass and removing the fear of them hitting the ground is not a bad thing. the guy went too far and fucked up
>>
brb training to mag dump cardboard silhouettes at 15 yards

BUST EM
>>
>>32791387
>Fact is, any gunfight you get into will come down to who points and squeezes fastest and most accurately
>what is training
>>
>>32791382

I don't. Not enough free time.
>>
>>32794637
Is that "How to bomb the U.S. Government"?
>>
>>32795526
Yup. Great book funny as hell.
>>
>>32795643

Know of anywhere to buy it? I tried to but I missed the incredibly small window apparently. Really hoping they do another run.
>>
>>32795526
>>32795643
>>32795839
Can't tell if this is an elaborate attempt to get people to google it..
>>
I am reasonably proficient with firearms. I grew up in a hunting family. We would go out on the weekends and shoot ducks. Go on deer hunts. I learned from an early age from deer hunting how to fore accurately with the adrenaline rush you get. The first time you shoot a large animal it is a rush.
As an adult I took a carbine course. There was a lot of neat and fun drills to do but they did not seem challenging in the least. The manipulation of a weapon while firing at a target, shooting with the heart racing, does not seem difficult. In tactical classes the targets are large and don't move. Years ago I had to draw on someone. They eventually backed down. During the entire event I wasn't mad or worried. I was annoyed. In retrospect it was just a dumb slow moving target that seemed to show no instinct for survival.
I still shoot and take an occasional class. I'll pick up a weapon at times to remeber it's feel, the weight, textures.
I find as I am older now that my mind is the best tool I have. I train it more than anything. I exercise, shoot, stretch, eat correctly. I only do this to preserve the integrity of the brain that my body houses. All of your training is for shit if the machinery needed to execute the training is shit. Mind and body.
>>
>>32795839
i got mine from vapes or w.e when he announced it. Its probably sold out.
>>
>>32794901
>I was pretty intermediate in MMA skill wise.

I can guarantee 100% that you weren't and you are grossly overestimating. And it's very likely because most people were taking it easy on you.

t. actual MMA fighter, wrestler etc.
>>
>>32792325
He's right but it's a wonder why he's still in business.
>>
>>32799170
This. Not him btw. I train and just right when I think I'm getting good my teachers step it up and hand me my ass.

Sparing can on occasion result in the blow being harder than intended. I'm kind of an odd duck so they tend to pick on me a bit but honestly I wouldn't change it. You learn better seeing how hard it is to apply things when people are actively resisting.
>>
>>32797937
I hope no one ignores the best post in the thread
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.