[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty military things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 2ep1xqd.jpg (916KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
2ep1xqd.jpg
916KB, 1600x1067px
I'll start.
>shitting in the field..
>carrying said shit back for disposal
>seasoning yourself in sweat and grime
>the field in general
>>
>>32791137
it's still a lot of fun tho
>>
>>32791137
>blue falcons who fuck you over every chance they get
>>
>>32791137
>shitting in the field
Is comfy and nice. Best shits I've had in my life.
>carrying said shit back for disposal
Or you know, leaving a mine for anyone unlucky to step on it
>seasoning yourself in sweat and grime
Not really an issue so long as you keep your clothes on. The death-stank doesn't really set in before like a week.
>the field in general
Is just fine.
>>
>>32791137
>being in the miltary
>>
>>32791152
>h-hey don't forget to pick up your smoke butts
>>
Drill sergeants with no concept of the word "rest".
>>
File: gaylords.png (10KB, 204x326px) Image search: [Google]
gaylords.png
10KB, 204x326px
unironic gayness

We all see enough cock and balls ironically or accidentally, don't need it seriously thank you.
>>
>>32791521
>>
>>32791137
>war "crimes"

wew lad no wonder we've been fighting a bunch of desert monkeys for years without making much progress, when you aren't allowed to do your job properly without fear of being imprisoned.

Fucking guerrillas can't operate if there's no civilians around to disguise as and get support from.
>>
>>32791798
>Killing people you aren't supposed to be killing
>The definition of doing your job incorrectly
>>
>>32791814
>people harbouring insurgent fighters
>innocent people

pick exactly one

really, if you're giving aid and comfort to the enemy you should be shot. but instead we get cuck'd hard and johnny jihad continues slipping out from his village every night to plant IEDs
>>
>>32791840
So you make it easy to justify it to yourself by assuming everyone is guilty

Alright
>>
>>32791848
>harbouring enemy combatants
>implying they're not guilty

WEW LAD
>>
>>32791850
You don't seem to understand something

The part where they're harboring enemy combatants, that's something you're assuming and have added to the situation

It's not something all civilians in warzones do
>>
>>32791862
Sure, no one is saying "blow up random villages unprovoked".

But if you get attacked by insurgents, and the only thing nearby is a village or town, then it's almost certain that that town is harbouring insurgents.

They can't operate effectively as guerrillas if you take away the populace they blend into when they're not active. They'd have to fight in the open, where the odds are vastly against them.
>>
>>32791883
Or, like we've fucking seen and learned from because we're not all as retarded as you, reprisals just lead to greater support for the insurgency on a national and international scale.
>>
File: i003.jpg (123KB, 416x302px)
i003.jpg
123KB, 416x302px
>>32791883
>Not allowing reprisal attacks against local civilians is the only thing letting insurgents win

>People this stupid are allowed to vote
>>
>>32791935
If you don't commit to total war, you'll never be able to win.

And dragging things out and allowing it time to gather attention is the problem. If you just get it over with, people will quickly lose interest because the outcome is already decided.

>>32791949
nice argument desu senpai
>>
>>32791137
Having to do menial tasks in the motor pool because there's nothing else to do.
>>
>>32791883
t. dirlewanger
>>
>>32792057
DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>32791840
then arrest them, I know it's hard to believe, but you dont have to shoot everyone you consider helping the enemy.
>>
>>32792105
You don't have to not shoot them, but why would you pass on the opportunity?

Besides, given the rampant corruption over there you'd never actually pin down who's responsible. At least until word got around that you were making reprisals, then the change of risk/reward balance might be enough to get civilians turning people in.

As it is you hear of things like the local chief of police being friends with the insurgents in the area and informing them of troop movements and patrol schedules. Disgusting.
>>
>>32792161
because I like to consider myself the good guy, I dont shoot a potential civilian, that's literally how you fuel the other side's case that you yourself is the bad guy. You lose trust among the population and create fear.
>>
do you get issued enough TP in the field?

I use up to a whole roll more often than not
>>
>>32792179
>because I like to consider myself the good guy, I dont shoot a potential civilian
Then you shirk your duties. If there's insurgents operating out of a village, and the citizens there aren't doing their absolute best to evict them, then they're aiding the enemy.

>that's literally how you fuel the other side's case that you yourself is the bad guy
Who cares? you aren't there to make friends.

>You lose trust among the population and create fear
That's all these places have ever known, and power is all they respect. "Winning hearts and minds" is bullshit.
>>
>>32791137
>Freshly promoted corporals acting like Gunny Hartman
>>
>>32792239
>>32792161
>>32791974
>>32791883
>>32791850
>>32791840
>>32791798
Does your middle school teacher know you're posting on 4chans?
>>
>>32791137
>haircuts once a week

>shaving 1-2 times a day

>room inspections

>getting hazed

Alternatively, when you're not a boot you get to skate through a lot of this and get to haze new guys so it all balances out
>>
>>32791850
>harbouring enemy combatants

Got proof? Or is everybody assumed to be guilty?

I'm beginning to see why you guys couldn't hang on to any of your colonies.
>>
>>32792239
yeah totally, hey you old fucks in this village, you aren't helping us evicting these armed terrorists, therefor you must be against us.
Those people are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's the same school bully problem. "Why didn't you help Timmy when he was getting beaten up?"
"Because then I'd be beaten up"
This is just more lethal.

Of course, but if your main argument is "I'm not here to make friend", don't expect the locals to be friendly. There usually a third part in wars like militias, who are more or less there to protect the civilians stuck in the middle. You either end up on their bad or good side. Part of helping someone in a war, is to create an alliance.

And just because some place has always been experiencing a certain unjustice, doesn't mean you have to continue to enforce it. If that's one of the problems the country has experienced, it wont help that you're enforcing that same problem.

>>32792270
No, I never went around telling my school teacher's I was browsing a gun board, or 4chan in general.
>>
So how exactly are you supposed to wash your hands? Does everyone carry around big bottles of antibacterial soap that can be used without water?

>>32792239
>Who cares? you aren't there to make friends.
Well, unless you like infinite war, yes you are in fact there to make friends.
>>
>>32792239
>Then you shirk your duties.

You have a very hazy grasp of what constitutes "duty". Look up the enlistment oath that all US military members swear. You'll find a few important clues there.
>>
>>32792297
always carry a small bottle or two of anti-bac. We always had this at our base, and handed out small bottles we could have in our pocket. Good way to avoid the shits.
>>
>>32791814
So called "limited war" was only a thing because the people we wanted to annihilate were backed by a rich state. In Korea and in Vietnam, it was the USSR and China. Who is backing a bunch of sand nigger guerillas? Iran?
>>
>>32791195
>Or you know, leaving a mine for anyone unlucky to step on it
Designated shitting areas though, and in the snow it's really fucking obvious.
>>
>>32792067
>the fucking SS wanted him shot for his crimes
>every time he tried to fight people other than defenseless women and children the Red Army pushed his shit in with molten lead

HE DID EVERYTHING WRONG
>>
>>32792563
Saudis?
>>
>>32791195
I noticed this walking around town dunno why some people don't know how to wipe or something but people smell like poop
>>
>>32791668
I must have this patch.
>>
>>32791814
>if you kill your enemies they win
>>
>>32792297
>implying anyone doesn't like infinite war

It wouldn't be infinite if the U.S. teamed up with Russia and exterminated the entire middle east, then we split it 50/50.
>>
>>32791840
Here's a question, when can we go full biblical on someone during war like how we did for the Japs for example.

How is fighting the hajis any different from fighting the japs?

>both were fanatically devoted to their Emperor/Allah
>both would fight to the death no matter the cost
>both were not above using dirty tactics, committed perfidy constantly
>complete bastards to their POWs
>most of the civilian population ready to fight to the death as well

Obviously the only way to win a war in the middle east is to not go to war in the middle east but how would /k/ stop an insurgency/end a war in the middle east?

>hard mode: must abide by the Geneva Conventions even though the hajis won't
>>
>>32796106
Modern public most likely wont allow it since it would be "unethical".
>>
>>32796106
Hajis have little to no industrial backing they are barely a threat compared to something like Imperial Japan. ISIS is pretty much a couple of divisions of fighters with a big propaganda wing and could easily be defeated in a decisive battle by any number of militaries from around the world.

They would melt away rather than engage in such a battle, so obviously the current plan is to support local forces to deal with their own rebel problem and it is working about as quickly as could be expected. Instead of sending enough forces to occupy and control the entire area and even round up civvies into camps, we're taking the cheaper and less menacing option

>>32792105
Welcome to the year 1900 and the British idea known as "concentration camp"
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.