[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US to Alaska through Canada in a car with weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Canada_Alaska_map.jpg (132KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
Canada_Alaska_map.jpg
132KB, 1000x663px
I want to drive from continental US to Alaska with all my funs on me or in the trunk? Do I need to do something special not to get into trouble?
>>
>>32788339
Just ship them up
>>
>>32788394
I just want to drive to where I feel like at the moment. There's no preset destination, or schedule.
>>
>>32789738
I heard it used to be possible for Americans to get Canadian gun licenses, but I think you're asking for trouble. Most people ship their guns if they're not flying with them.
>>
>>32789846
It is possible to get a PAL, if you are american, but it takes a few months to come in, plus you have to pass the Canadian safety course (super easy)
>>
No pistols. No rifles /shotguns under 20 inch barrel - seriously none. They (leaf people) don't like handguns. You pay $25 per long gun to get permission to temporarily travel through Canada with firearms. (Save your receipt - it works on the way back.) sauce: driving from Bellingham to anchorage with 3 funs
>>
>>32788394
GYIF: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hunting.transportguns

Tho I gotta admit the fuckers are elusive about the "full list of prohibited weapons" - it's nowhere to be found.
>>
>>32788339
Do you have your PAL? Is there anything restricted or prohibited?
>>
>>32790236
Here.
http://www.gunownersresource.com/faq/what-guns-are-banned-in-canada/
Also apparently anything with moldy labia on it too.
>>
>>32790260
>Do you have your PAL?
Of course not, I'm not Canadian

>Is there anything restricted or prohibited?
>>32790272
Holy mother of Christ! I'm starting to doubt the whole idea already, maybe I'll just swing by northern states or, indeed, just fly over. But then again, there's this Florida asshole who just put his gun into luggage, boarded, disembarked, got that luggage and shot a bunch of folks, so I wonder if it would be a good idea to fly with weapons to begin with.

If you ship the guns ahead, how can you make it so if you don't have anyone there?
>>
>>32790312

Ship to a UPS store and hold for pickup.

(also insure the shit out of the package)
>>
Pls be careful.
The border patrol here will seize any undeclared/prohibited firearms and will destroy them, at your expense.
>>
>>32788339

If it would be classified as a prohibited weapon under Canadian law, it's not getting past the border. You can get an RPAL, yes (dual citizen here, but mine in Ontario then transferred the registration when I moved to WA), and it's easy, but that still won't cover high-capacity pistols or your garden variety semi rifle.

In fact I'm not sure you can carry firearms into Canada for transient purposes at all, since CBSA is paranoid about smuggling.
>>
>>32791187

*got mine, not but mine.

>>32790991

"Your expense" including criminal prosecution.
>>
Just ship them our laws are fucking stupid
>>
Ikay how do I smuggle a T97 into the US? Is there large amounts of unguarded land to walk arcoss with?
>>
>>32790058
Some of his guns may be illegal to bring into Canada too.
>>
>>32788339

My friend did this in October. He thought he had everything straight but when he got to the border the RCMP or whoever (who he said were assholes for what it's worth) denied him entry with his guns so he had to go to the nearest FFL in Montana where he was crossing and ship them back to Dallas. Later once he found an FFL in AK he had them shipped up to him
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.