[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New XDS questions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: XDS93345S_15.jpg (654KB, 1200x1387px) Image search: [Google]
XDS93345S_15.jpg
654KB, 1200x1387px
Hey guys I'm newer to guns, and have recently got my CC license and a new XDS .45. Pic very related. The holster I got is shit tier outside the belt holster. I tried it on and the end of the gun sticks below my hoodie line. What holster is the best for IWB carry in the back? I'm prolly gonna carry the standard mag with 5 rounds (if that makes a difference).
Also does anyone CC this with a shoulder holster?
Overrall is ccing better with wasitband or shoulder holster?
Most of the time I wear jeans and zip ups, athletic shorts during summer. During work or hot weather sometimes I'm only wearing a tee.
Sorry for all of the rookie questions, just wanna make sure I'm carrying comfortably and safely.
>>
>>32784848
don't carry small of back, carry 4 aclock or on your cock.
small of back carry is dangerous
>>
>>32784904
Why is it dangerous? Also, will a clock bulge be noticeable?
>>
>>32784848
>>32784848
depends on the gun, what youre planning on doing with it, and where youre going with it (I.E. weather conditions)
I have both, I find shoulder holster to be more comfortable and you can carry bigger guns, but shoulder holsters are more expensive (you want a custom one, trust me) you cant take off your jacket and they can get tangled easily
IWB/OWB is easier, cheaper and more versatile and arguably faster for drawing, I never found the SH rig to slow me down THAT much, but having something on my hip like that can be uncomfortable if its not the right material or in the right spot

Id say try both, IWB/OWB is a bit easier but I tell everyone to try both
>>
>>32784848
Couldn't tell ya. I aiwb and haven't looked back.
>>
>>32785384
Thanks for the info. I don't wanna drop loads of money my first holster. Will prolly get an iwb one.
>>
>>32785031
do you not normally have a bulge there? no one gonna say anything especially with a small gun. small of back is dangerous, off duty cops have done irreversible spine damage cause they slipped and fell with a gun or other tools there
>>
>>32785743
I have a bulge, but not a "springfield XDS" sized bulge lol. Ah that makes with the spinal damage.
>>
Small of back can cause back damage if you slip and fall on your back. I carry at 4 oclock with a walther PPX. I personally use an alienware inside waistband holster. Height and cant are both adjustable.
>>
>>32784848
4 oclock only way i carry. Either lcp, mostly cause its so easy, or 1911. For lcp i like bianchi professional. For 1911 i like galco summer comfort. Most people seem to like a holster that stays in place. Both i mentioned stay where you put the while standing or walking. But you can shift them a little while sitting. Ive tried several for 1911 and only the professional for the lcp. Very happy with both.
To everyone thats not the op good job just giving answers and not telling op to trade for a 9
>>
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll be looking at iwb for sure. So 4 o'clock seems like the common choice. What about like 2 o'clock? Does that get annoying when sitting?
Also some faggit mod banned me for a post someone else made in another thread lol.
>>
>>32786064
I second the alienwaer IWB holster. I carry a sig 320 compact at 4 o'clock and its super comfy, and it only costs about $50
>>
>>32786818
2 oclock may be ok how my grandfather wore his pants but at todays waist height i cant do it. Not fatty at all. 6.4 227. It digs in when sitting. Only tried it with my above mentioned lcp/bianchi
>>
File: Good Job.jpg (47KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
Good Job.jpg
47KB, 600x440px
>>32786850
Another nice thing with them is if you swap weapons, all you have to do is buy a new kydex from them. Not a totally new holster.
>>
>>32786850
>>32787000
>>32787391
Sounds good I'll look into this. Thanks fellas!
>>
>>32787391
I'm pretty sure if you return the old kydex shell they send the new one for free
>>
>>32787453
Yeah, but why limit yourself to one carry gun? It doesn't take long to switch them out. I have a kydex for my walther ppx and my 1911.
>>
>>32787438
Glad to help.
>>
File: 831061466_o.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
831061466_o.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
OP get a leather vest with gun pockets in the vest

thats how i carry
>>
>>32787438
Also, they have a complete lifetime warranty, so if anything breaks for any reason they fix it, free of charge. I recommend their cloak tuck 3.0, it's what I use and it's their best product by far.
>>32787497
True, I thought you meant if he swapped out guns later. I have one shell for my shield and my m&p9, has never let me down
>>
>>32784848
>>32784904
>>32785384
>>32785692
>>32785789
>>32786064
>>32786818
>>32787000
(Nice trips)
>>32787438
>>32787497
>>32787847
Why do I suddenly feel like most of you are an advanced product placement algorithm...
>>
>>32784848
Try those new 5.11 women's low drag yoga pants
>>
>>32790078
This is OP, and as a closet crossdresser I would love nothing more than to rock yoga pants with a short skirt that covered my carry piece. But for the sake of a normal life I wear man clothes everyday.
>>
>>32790040
I'm like half of those posts, too lazy to post a screen grab from mobile.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.