[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin or Marlin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: acf78b0.jpg (35KB, 605x364px) Image search: [Google]
acf78b0.jpg
35KB, 605x364px
My uncle is thinning out his collection and I don't have much cash, should I take 1968 Marlin in 30-30 for 330 or a 1944 Mosin with accessories and a box of ammo for 150?
>>
>>32783997
Mosin for cheap. Marlin for practical use.

I'd personally pick the mosin for being a bolt gun.
>>
>>32784031
Also 30-30 is for Fudds
>>
>>32783997
from a usage and shooting standpoint 30-30 hands down. its a better gun.
from a value standpoint 150 is a deal for a mosin and way below current market price. meanwhile a marlin in 3030 is on every used rack for roughly the same.
>>
>>32783997
Grab the 30-30...mosin is just a meme gun...and I mean that in the most serious sense, it was neat when you could buy a crate full for a quarter, but they're just junk now.
>>
>>32783997
Mosin, that's pretty much exactly what I got my 43 tula with accessories and ammo for but that was a "friend to a friend" deal. If you don't take that deal don't get disappointed if you can't find one for under 250
>>
>>32783997
You know what, i take what I said back. Grab the mosin, mark it up and sell it to a gullible autist on /k, and buy the 30-30 with the profit. Some dumbass on here will want one.
>>
I should have mentioned I'm going to pretty much have this as my only rifle for a while, I'm used to hunting with milsurp because I went on hunting trips with my grandpa and his Lee Enfeild.

I live in a cali so a semi auto is going to be out of reach for a while.
>>
>>32783997

Own Mosin

Would gladly trade it for a Marlin
>>
>>32784111
>my only rifle for a while,
get the marlin
people want a marlin. leverguns are fun. you settle for a mosin since its cheap(not anymore) or its all youve got.
>>
Alright, settled on the Marlin, figured that it would be marginally more useful than the Mosin. Will probably ask retarded questions on disassembly and how not to blow up my hand reloading here later. Thanks.
>tfw dropped spaghetti because I always do when transactions are involved
>>
>>32784091
I'll be that autist, OP
sell it to me
>>
>>32785273
It would make no sense unless you live in Clark County. I could sell it to you for $175, drive an hour to my local FFL, pay shipping and you'll have to pay another 15-20 in transfers.

It's a lot of hassel for you and me with no benefit and the price would be the same or even more than getting it somewhere else and I'm a jew but not retarded so I wouldn't make you pay 250 for a 1944 Mosin.
>>
>>32783997
MOSIN
>>
>>32784111
What do you hunt and at what range?

Mosin would be better for long-range shots (+150 yards), but the Marlin is much handier up close.
>>
File: bear hunt.jpg (302KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
bear hunt.jpg
302KB, 1000x750px
>>32783997
I sold my mosin to help fund my marlin. I regret it, although I like the marlin more than i ever liked my nugget. If I was smart i would've kept the nugget and saved up. But I was just a poor student when I did the deal.
>>
>>32785435
which clark?
>>
>>32783997
marlin, mosins are going to rock bottom soon

>>32787210
>>32787210
>>32787210
>>
>>32787306
Yeah, because the Russians totally didn't sell anything that wasn't nailed down when their economy tanked in the '90s.
>>
>>32787742
They didn't, hence why Canada still gets regular shipments
>>
>>32788108
You mena those shipments from Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine, and other satellite states?
The Russians don't release shit for the western market.
They get almost as much money from the UN and more political clout to destroy it instead.
>>
bought my first nugget recently, it shoots fine but the bayonet that came with it doesn't fit.

What do guys?
>>
>>32788145
mod the bayonet by widening the hole or give up and never bother since you arent going to bayonet anything ever
>>
>>32788161
but muh zero with bayonet!
>>
>>32788145
the bayonet is meant to fit fucking tight as shit, its meant to be hammered on by the armorer. it was not meant to be casually put on and taken off by the common soldier
>>
>>32783997
Mosin. kys for even having to ask, fag
>>
>>32783997
mosin all the way
its near impossible to find a even d grade mosin for under 180
>>
>>32788136
And the reason why mosins there are still 150 and sks 300 is because of the markets we have equal access to?
>>
>>32788607
>>32788626
He already settled on the Marlin but care to give reasoning other than memes for getting a Mosin?
>>
>>32788754
Cheap SKSes are and SVTs are guns that are not allowed to be sold in the states.
There was never a comparitively cheap Mosin they have always tended to be $50-100 more than the US price.
>>
>>32784039
>not choosing 35REM master race
>>
>>32788775
>but care to give reasoning other than memes for getting a Mosin?

It's a fun bolt gun to play around with that has neat historical value yet isn't so rare as to cause worry over a few dings and dents.

Superior maximum range when compared to the Marlin with a cartridge better suited to taking larger game.

Can be accurized fairly cheaply, but even without tweaks is accurate enough to be a fine hunting/plinking rifle.

Depending on your area (mine being an example), 7.62x54r is still cheaper than most other rifle cartridges.

There's plenty of reasons somebody may choose a proven $150 rifle over a proven $330 rifle, ese. Don't be so obtuse by assuming everything is "muh memes".
>>
1968 marlin will last forever and probably go up in price.

A mosin has been around for ever and you'll still be able to grab one next year.

Get the marlin! And keep it!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.