[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite the resources, why are West Point so poor at training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: sandhurst logo.png (186KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
sandhurst logo.png
186KB, 420x420px
~50 teams
~40+ US teams
~2 RMAS teams
~1 Canadian team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandhurst_Competition
>>
/k/ - Weapons. WEAPONS.

I'm tired of having to watch the shitposting that follows on from these threads.
>>
>>32782426
Soldiers are weapons dumbass
>>
File: West_Point_Cadets.png (77KB, 220x153px) Image search: [Google]
West_Point_Cadets.png
77KB, 220x153px
Brits have been training officers from Sandhurst for centuries so they know what works and what doesn't. West point is some tacky attempt to replicate the same, like wtf is this uniform? It looks like it came from a Halloween store
>>
File: JS34924625.jpg (262KB, 1844x1227px) Image search: [Google]
JS34924625.jpg
262KB, 1844x1227px
Compare with Sandhurst
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-26-19-02-23.png (172KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-26-19-02-23.png
172KB, 720x1280px
>>32782313
Well for Sandhurst only the top 140ish from officer candidate pool actually get to go, so you have the cream of the crop, i.e the fittest, smartest etc.

Combined with centuries of military tradition, discipline and teaching methods, its not really a surprise pic related is pic related.
>>
>>32783398
>>32783398
German inspired uniforms
US weapons
Where do i sign up
>>
>>32783678
>US weapons
L85A2 made by H&K (a subsidiary of BAE)
>German inspired uniforms
What?
>>
>>32783678
> L85
> American

Also

> updated officer uniform from pre-war khaki
> based on german uniforms

Gunna hazard a guess that they wouldnt pick you from the pile there lad.
>>
>>32782313
>Each USMA cadet company and visiting team selects a 9-member squad (at least one member must be female) with two alternates. A West Point female cadet volunteers to work with the Afghan team's squad as there are no females at the NMAA.
I can't imagine this helps much.
>>
>>32783398
Sandhurst is a silly place.
>>
Look at what the selection requirements are for West Point vs Sandhurst

As a US colonel once told me, "If you can squat whilst touching your shoulders and have a degree you can be an officer in the US Army"
>>
>>32783678
Did you just have a stroke
>>
>>32782313
They draw from lower human stock.
>>
File: serveimage2.jpg (27KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage2.jpg
27KB, 800x451px
>>32784598
Lower quality*

Low quality men will be low quality no matter what school they go to.
>>
>>32784049
It's not only a model, is it?
>>
>>32783678
from what planet did you came from?
>>
>>32782313
West Point has to both train officers and educate undergrads. Sandhurst is like officer graduate school, where you get a masters in being an officer.

>>32784197
>West Point
>Low selection requirements

Don't know what West Point you're looking at, but all the US service academies are insanely selective.

My dad was a naval aviator and, as he put it, the best and worst officers he ever met came from the Naval Academy. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>32784659
Let me rephrase that: some of the best and most of the worst officers he ever met were from the Naval Academy.
>>
>>32784635
It's real, sadly. You will never find a more diverse collection of uniforms, badges and jargon. You know it is fucked up when one Regiment cannot spell Sergeant and others refuse to acknowledge such a rank exists.
>>
>>32785010
Hey man, no one gives Americans a hard time for their inability to properly spell fundamental, first grade level words like "Colour" and "Armour", nor their collective ability to pronounce 6th grade level words like "new-cle-ar" or "tur-b-eye-n".
A lot of the weird rank and uniform stuff probably stems to before the new model army, which is a whole lot more respectable than simple American ignorance.
>>
>>32782313

I was actually on E4's Sandhurst team back in 2013. Here are some reasons why RMAS takes the trophy nearly every year:

1) Unlike RMAS, RMCC, or RMCA, West Point does not form only a handful of teams that are made up of only the most motivated and proficient cadets. Instead, each of the 36 cadet companies has to create and train its own team, which are required to draw from all four classes.

2) RMAS and USMA have completely different training models. Whereas RMAS has cadets that have already completed their undergraduate education at a civilian school, USMA takes in high school graduates and puts them through a four-year academic program while also providing military instruction. Because the Brits have had, at that point, about 9 months of uninterrupted military training, they possess a greater amount of training, on average.

3) Because all RMAS cadets are at least the age of college seniors, they're physically more mature than most of the USMA cadets against whom they compete.

4) Until the 2015-2016 academic year, the West Point Sandhurst teams still had to compete in intramural athletics along with training for the competition during the first semester.

5) Because each team is required to have at least one female, much of a USMA team's success is contingent on the random chance that you have a female cadet in-company that is able to keep up with male cadets. Unfortunately, nearly any athletically-inclined women at West Point are already committed to a varsity or club team. The Brits, Canadians, and Australians both have the luxury of picking out their most capable female cadets.

The point is that, if USMA were to make an All-Star team every year that draws from a pool of highly-motivated infantry seniors, it would probably win more often.
>>
File: ca^rmcc.gif (6KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
ca^rmcc.gif
6KB, 324x216px
Reminder that the Royal Military College of Canada took 1st place last year, for the 5th time in 11 years, despite only having one team and having less than 1000 cadets at the college. Are other countries even trying?
>>
File: kingsman-the-candidates.jpg (56KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
kingsman-the-candidates.jpg
56KB, 600x325px
>>32785232

All that being said, I by no means wish to diminish the incredible level of professionalism that I've seen in the visiting teams from the rest of the anglosphere. They're fucking awesome people, and glowing accounts from other cadets that visit RMAS for summer training have reinforced that notion.

Also, they're classy as fuck. Last year, it was my job to situate the RMAS Red team in our company's common room during the week of the competition, and meeting them reminded me of that scene in Kingsman when you see all of the candidates wearing fancy sport coats and shit. it was exactly like that.

pic related
>>
>>32785250
>Afghanistan
>America
>Australia
>Chile
>UK
Afghanistan and Chile aren't real competitors,
Americans are, as always, completely inept at soldiery, and the UK, the only natural competition, has desperately outcompeted Canada in cuckoldry and pussyfication.
>>
>>32785107
Color and armor are better, they use less space to write and easily convey the same meaning. Meanwhile britshits add an extra i in aluminum because why not.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.