[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ear Protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Hey /k/ I recently bought these as my first pair of real hearing protecion. I've heard really good things about em, but I was doing more research and started to second guess that.

Are these any good? Would they work for an indoor range? What's /k/'s experience with the Impact Sport Ear Muffs?
>>
>>32780268
Comfy and they work gud. Especially nice if you work next to airplanes.
>>
its good enough for the price and keeps your ears intact. audio quality is meh.
i like mine enough to keep using em but when they break im replacing em with something better
>>
>>32780280
This, I love mine for shooting handguns.

Rifles are kind of a bitch to shoot with most electronic earpro though. an A2 buttstock gets in the way, and it amplifies the SPROING a lot.
>>
I've got two pairs, one for me and one for whatever hairless lad I'm bringing with me to the range.

You did gud, OP.
>>
>>32780268
All over ear muffs suck ass in one major way

Get either cheap foam plugs or fancy surefire ones and call it good. Far more comfortable and work better with a slightly better seal and won't get knocked out by a stock.

IF you want you can double up with the muffs if you're shooting indoors and other shots are making you flinch
>>
>>32780268
Good, basic earpro that will basically just work. If you want you can wear foam plugs under them for ultimate comfy and still hear pretty well thanks to the amplification they provide, but the headphones are all you really need.
>>
>>32780280
>>32780290
>>32780296
>>32780296
>>32780297
>>32780300
Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to upgrade to better ones in the future but I'm fairly new to shooting so I don't wanna spend a fortune on ear protection yet, even though that a number one priority. So I mean, are they decent shooting an AR? If they aren't turned on or the power dies, do they still muffle gunshots, specifically rifles, where I won't have any ear damage?

Also, I've never in my life have worn anything that has enhanced my hearing. I tried them in my house and holy shit that's so freakin cool! I mean I could hear my foot steps and everything like they were right next to my ear. Anyways, I liked that experience.
>>
>>32780306
You too>>32780323
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>32780323
They do fine shooting my AR, the noise reduction is fantastic, and I don't need buds underneath. This is assuming you're shooting outdoors, inside I'd definitely double up.

The problem comes when you shoulder the rifle, your muffs might collide with the stock, which might make getting a good sight picture a little awkward, and possibly get knocked off or otherwise break the seal over your ear.
>>
>>32780323
>do they still muffle gunshots, specifically rifles, where I won't have any ear damage?
they still muffle the sound. they turn into normal dumb earpro when the batteries die. the electronic part isnt to reduce sound its to let in certain sounds like ppl talking to you
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>32780356
Forgot to add, they'll still muffle, you just wont get any audio boosting when they are off/unpowered.
>>
>>32780323
They'll still muffle just fine if they have no batteries, but they also last forever.
>>
File: ar-15-sight.jpg (15KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ar-15-sight.jpg
15KB, 500x282px
>>32780356
Hey cool, thanks anon. I'll be shooting outside all the time once this damn snow melts where I'm at. They're calling it "Snowmageddon" kek. Unfortunately I'm forced to go to an indoor range for now. Well, so far I'm only used to the really big and bulky non electronic earmuffs, so I cant imagine it's anymore awkward than those.
>>
>>32780389
they won't be as effective in dampening as the big bulky ones so do what the others said and double up
>>
>>32780399
I'll keep that in mind and buy some earplugs. Thanks m8.
>>
>>32780356
Are there any good earmuffs that don't interfere when shouldering? Or at least interfere less. I have the Impacts but as you said they get in the way sometimes.
>>
>>32780551
The impacts are already pretty slim. You'd be hard pressed to find slimmer ones. That said, they don't really interfere that often, unless I'm sitting down with my rifle in a rest. Even then it's negligible.
>>
I use these when firing my rifles and they're god tier
>>
>>32780323
they work fine without batteries. The electronics only let low level noise through, like talking, they don't change the hearing protection
>>
>>32780589
with the impacts it's not so much the slimness but the hight
>>
>>32780268
Wear double protection indoors, plugs with those on top.
>>
I got a pair of russian GSSH-01 active earpro.

They work pretty good, but the active element seems to be tuned to amplify the fuck out of the exact frequency of car keys jangling. it's like twice as loud as anything else.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.