[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official. US Army abandoning Beretta M9s in favor of Sig Sauer P320

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

So the army is replacing the M9 berettas for the Sig Sauer P320s. Opinions? I shot some of the P2xx variants but I don't think that they were huge upgrades over the M9s.
>>
>>32776574
You're 6 days late to the discussion.
>>
>>32776574
Anything is a huge upgrade over the M9.
>>
>>32776574
Waste of money. M9 is superior in every possible way except being .001oz lighter for women and faggots.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 201x251px
>>32776605
That's a lot of saved weight.
>>
>>32776584
Fuck! Well I will go the archive I guess.
>>32776599
They were not that bad when I shot with it. I just assumed that people did not like it because they were forced on it due to trying to find a NATO standard. That and it replaced the sexy 1911.
>>
File: 1481304865779.jpg (89KB, 482x552px) Image search: [Google]
1481304865779.jpg
89KB, 482x552px
>>32776584
Fuck off, nigger. You fags do this in every thread. If we argue over which WW1 rifle's bolt handle is best for shoving up your ass, we can talk about the US army adopting a new service pistol.
>>
File: M9 No.1.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
M9 No.1.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>32776574
>abandoning
Thats a bit harsh of a word to use.

Well the reason they are going for it was in the programs name MHS: Modular Handgun System. They want it be configurable to whatever the end user needs. I doubt the usefulness of this feature given that the nobody in about 98% of the roles this thing will be used in needs it to be "modular'. It will only be useful for Special Forces and like the Secret Service, however both of them usually just end up using their own shit they found on their own anyway. Finally I just don't see a polymer framed gun with a removable trigger group lasting for 30 years in the hands of your average GI and Jarhead.
>>
File: M9 No.2.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
M9 No.2.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>32777095
I forgot to add in that I do actually like the P320. I was actually deciding between it and my M9. Kinda funnily it came down to the same reason the Army originally chose the the 92FS over the P226; the Beretta was a better deal. I got it for $499 new with three mags and with free shipping...couldn't pass that up.
>>
>>32776574
>Opinions?
They should have chosen the USP Compact chambered in 9mm.
>>
>>32777195
Didn't meet the modularity requirements?
>>
>>32777195
lol wasn't even in the competition. I think the VP9 was eliminated pretty early as well.
>>
>>32777007
Don't forget after every thread we do that to, we have to hear from dick lips such as yourself. Please don't change. 4chan would be normal without you.
>>
>>32776574
Go fuck your self we've discussed this ad nauseam
>>
>>32777195
>>32777220
HK's entries were a fucking joke.

They must've read the 9mm part of the spec and thrown the rest out of the window.
>>
It's Official. OP has shared this information with us. We thank you for that, OP!
>>
>>32776574
>Opinions?

I like DA/SA far more than striker but I think this is a good move. Troops in the military generally suck shit at shooting pistols and improper instrunction on how to manage that first double action trigger pull makes it all the worse. This isn't even mentioning the large grip circumference of the M9 that would give smaller handed shooters a harder time getting their finger all the way in for the double action shot.

A striker fired gun with a good trigger right out of the box and a manual safety is a good move. Throw in that modularity to accompany a wide range of different shooter's hands for another huge plus.

I'm not shitting on the M9 specifically, it's a very good handgun but in my opinion, not something good for the us military.
>>
>>32776574
>Opinions?
Reasonably priced, lower frame grip modules are as cheap as magazines, already a huge aftermarket because they fit the same stuff P250s do.

On a second look it appears it also has a plate over the reflex sight mounting point on the newer RX slide models, so it's probably trivial to mount one as well. Normal slides don't have that cutout.
>>
bump

This may not be the first, second or even seventh thread about this recently but it's the most interesting news in the firearms world in quite a long time. How long did it take for the M9 to become ubiquitous in the military? I'd like to think things will go faster this time around...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.