[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car was broken into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1382616872142.jpg (8KB, 248x157px) Image search: [Google]
1382616872142.jpg
8KB, 248x157px
AZfag here. Last weekend someone broke into my car at my apartment. Somehow I didn't hear a damn thing. Short of getting a car alarm set up are there any /k/ related ideas on how to protect it so this doesn't happen again? Windows are expensive.
>>
Tucson or Phoenix?

Park closer to your place, if not immediately outside of your door.

Get a car alarm, don't leave anything valuable in your car. Keep the doors locked and that's pretty much it.

Shitty thing is that as long as you have windows, people can break them and get in.
>>
Leave your windows open and leave nothing inside
That way they can't break them and there's nothing to steal
>>
>>32773292
I mean you can install a fake alarm system to deter I guess. There's dash light things that blink red or something that look like an alarm system. That's a cheaper route. Also curious whether Tucson or Phoenix? Do you live in shady area? Also house or apartment? Is there a more lit area to park under? First step however is to clear car of valuables that might appeal to thieves. No one breaks windows without a payoff. Of course unless it's just vandals.
>>
>>32773348

Phoenix.
>>
Rig a Chechen-style explosive trap to the doors every time you leave the vehicle for any reason.
>>
>>32773543
I'm from Phoenix, but don't live there anymore. My advice? Insurance.

My mom still lives there and her truck was stolen years ago. You can't shoot them, legally. At least insurance will pay for you for the loss.

Steering wheel lock maybe. Don't fall for the LoJack meme.
>>
File: faceu parmu.jpg (90KB, 567x524px) Image search: [Google]
faceu parmu.jpg
90KB, 567x524px
>>32773292
https://www.amazon.com/1byone-Wireless-Security-Battery-operated-Weatherproof/dp/B00RCW8QS2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485377161&sr=8-3&keywords=motion+alarm

Position those around your car, the batteries last around a year. The receiver has two settings, medium, and loud as fuck.

So, you will hear a loud af "BEEP BEEP BEEP" if the sensor is tripped. Then you can go check your car. Position so you have few false positives. It's how I knew a nigger was in my garage stealing my beer--so the system absolutely works.

100m receiver range is realistic too, possibly a little farther.
>>
>>32773292
Remove all your possessions from your car. People treat cars like a closet for junk they are to lazy to put up, don't lock the doors anymore. When door poppers/window breaking niggers come by, your window will be more likely to survive. An alarm would only really sound after the window is broken anyway.
>>
>>32773292
Move to a less-trashy part of the country.
AZ is cool, but almost Louisiana-tier.
>>
>>32774049
>don't lock the doors anymore. When door poppers/window breaking niggers come by, your window will be more likely to survive.
>don't lock your doors
>>
Phoenix fag here.

I don't use window tint and I don't leave anything valuable in my car. It's apparent nothing good is inside.

The car also has ghettoflage as it is an aesthetically worn Geo Metro.
>>
>>32773292
Never sleep without a buddy on watch.

Rotate every four hours.
>>
>>32774049
>don't lock the doors anymore
wut
>>
>>32774092
>>32774190
not that anon but I moved from Phoenix to a city with much more crime and there are people who do this because cops don't give a shit about property crime here. you can't get them to even take a report for your smashed windows for your insurance
>>
>>32774006
I hope that nigger is stealing Jesus' wine now
>>
>>32773292
OP, you need to embed claymores in each door. Then install a alarm, and wire it to the claymores.
>>
File: 1438469354481.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1438469354481.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>32774175
>>
>>32773401

This.

Someone literally busted open my dads car window once to steal the change from the center console.
>>
File: 1334839463502.cached.jpg (280KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1334839463502.cached.jpg
280KB, 1200x800px
>>32773843
Only reasonable /k/ answer. Why stop there? Why not buy a bus with additional "safety features"?
>>
Trunk monkey or magnavolt
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.