[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFA repeal petition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3392.jpg (190KB, 640x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3392.jpg
190KB, 640x783px
Arizona has put forth a petition to repeal the nfa.
The nfa is essentially one of the most unconstitutional sets of laws that the US has on the books. It is the reason a $25 sten costs $5000. Basically, this is why we can't have nice things. Sign the petition to claim or repeal it here

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
>>
>>32771861
We want it.

Any rational, sane, non-"MUH-FEELINZ!" human being wants it.

But the liberals don't.
And they can argue and fight as much as they like but with the current government it seems it would have had a shot.

But the truly sad thing that keeps me up at night is that there are GUN OWNERS who don't want this simply out of wanting their "investments" to stay the same, the pricks.
>>
>>32771896
I just an FA fnc with an fal to match
>>
>>32771861
Signed. I want to see this shit removed!
>>
>>32771916
I wish that repealing the NFA were something that was really possible.

I truly do.

But until we can convince the fudds to help we're screwed.
Come back once the HPA has passed.
Then I'll say there's hope.
>>
Signed.
Fuck the NFA.
>>
>>32771948
Though for fuck sake please sign it guys.
Can't hurt to try.
>>
File: 1483679557947.jpg (15KB, 374x378px) Image search: [Google]
1483679557947.jpg
15KB, 374x378px
>>32771896

There are more of us than there are of them. The traitorous gun investors will not keep us from our right.
In these four years, we will work tirelessly to restore our every right, and never again will they be infringed, neither by liberal hypocrits, or the authoritarian right which shall soon be replaced by the party of the free.
>>
>>32771861
>The nfa is essentially one of the most unconstitutional sets of laws that the US has on the books
The NFA is not the GCA.
>>
>>32772004
It's still a start man, just get at it
>>
>>32772017
Nothing is going to come of this petition. Call me when you get someone to introduce a bill.
>>
What's going to replace the NFA is the question?

Once kids and petty gangs get their hands on full autos again there's going to be something, right?
>>
>>32771948
We have to become the pro gun fudds with progun kids
>>
>>32771861
Signed. Just like I'm not expecting my school to adopt campus carry, I'm not expecting this to do anything, but I'm showing support regardless.
>>
>>32772057
>What's going to replace the NFA is the question?
Freedom, anon. Freedom replaces the NFA.
>>
>>32772041
This is the reason we can't have nice things. Pessimism
>>
>>32772401
Name one (1) time this stupid website's petitions ever got anything done.
>>
>>32772428
None while obama was in office, keyword obama
>>
>>32772440
So, none ever. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
Whatever, faggots. I'm sitting here erryday shilling as hard as I fucking can to pass the HPA, and you want full auto immediately? One step at a time.

1. HPA
2. Allow new manufacture of FA
3. Disassemble NDA individually and quietly.
>>
>>32772004
That would mean attacking FOPA to repeal the GCA
>>
>>32771896
>Everyone that is rational agrees with me
>Everyone that disagrees with me is insane
recognize that people with different viewpoints often have a reason for their views that is rational and based on similar ideas and principles to the ones you share.

You're not going to gather any support or convince anyone by calling those who disagree with you insane traitors.

This will never pass, unfortunately. Hopefully the Hearing Protection Act passes and they tack a fuck-you-Hughes amendment to it. maybe they could repeal the SBS and SBR laws that are completely pointless, ineffective, and restrictive.
>>
>>32771861
>It is the reason a $25 sten costs $5000.
I'd argue that is the case because of FOPA, but what do I know?
>>
>>32771896
>>32771998
The big problem with the full auto "investment" crowd is that they have the money to counter numbers of the rest. I can see a time (fairly close too) that the balance does switch and the masses show they have the greater source of easy cash.

I personally don't know if I would like the NFA repealed in its entirety. I defiantly would like to see suppressors, SBRs and SBSs removed. I am unsure about FA deregulation but I without a doubt want the FA registry opened up at the least.
>>
>>32772605
Well technically it's both. With an NFA repeal, you still wouldn't be allowed to add new machine guns to the NFA registry, as per the Hughes Amendment, but without the NFA there obviously would be no NFA registry and non-NFA-registered MGs would no longer be illegal.
>>
>>32772463
Why do you think that?
>>
>>32771861
Signed
also
>https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment
>>
>>32772488
>SBS and SBR laws
That's the NFA, you fucktard.
>>
>>32771861

what mag is that in the picture, sexy af want some
>>
>>32771861
>It is the reason a $25 sten costs $5000

even at cost, a Sten will never cost that much
it requires complex machining
>>
>>32772057
>Once kids and petty gangs get their hands on full autos again there's going to be something, right?
>Kids
"Kids" won't get their hands on an FA any easier than they do a semiautomatic right now which is rarely (comparatively)
>petty gangs
Once petty gangs learn that it's even HARDER to land a single bullet in Tyrese for short changing you on the crack you sold him with FA, they'll probably stop using then anyway.
>>
>>32772488
problem is, their rational view is breaking the law of the land. not that it matters to anyone obviously but there is an objectively wrong and objectively right side on this.
>>
>>32772445
>a thing is implemented
>the person made to act on things data is unwilling to do so
>the thing is shit guise!!!11!
>>
>>32772447
Fuck that, go big or go home. We can't limit ourselves. We need a political blitzkrieg
>>
>>32772749

>niggers
>learning

spotted the flaw in your reasoning
>>
>>32772724
>Open bolt tube gun
>Complex machining

Maybe the dies for some of the stampings will require some expertise, but once you get those running the most you have to actually machine are the bolts (which are stupid simple solid chunks of metal) and barrels.
>>
File: 1332015665146.jpg (341KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
1332015665146.jpg
341KB, 1280x793px
>>32772724
>it requires complex machining
I hope you're joking. It's harder to make something semi-automatic than it is to make an open bolt gun.

People have been making them in their basements for decades at double digit prices in material costs.
>>
>>32772811
>>32772828
Machining costs money, it doesn't matter if you can do it at home. A MAC 10 is less complex and cheaper to make than the STEN (enough that the small changes in the trigger group won't make it significantly more complex), yet current models end up at least in the $300-$400 range. Furthermore, the Hi Point carbine which substitutes castings in place of machined parts for expensive parts like the bolt still costs about $200, and a slight change in the trigger group (combined with reinforcing the bolt as necessary so it doesn't chip off where the sear holds it) isn't going to lower that price much if at all. A modern STEN reproduction in full auto would likely end up competing with inexpensive AR-15s price wise.
>>
>>32773015
So you're moving the goalposts. Fantastic job you're doing.

Yes, labor costs are a thing.
No, it's not " " "complex" " " because it requires the absolute minimum work done to the bolt that an automatic needs.
Pricing is absolutely and completely arbitrary based on what the retailer feels it should be, which is based upon what they paid the distributor, further based upon what was paid to the factory.

Comparing apples to lugnuts does not an intelligent estimate make.
>>
>>32773065
>No, it's not " " "complex" " " because it requires the absolute minimum work done to the bolt that an automatic needs
There's very little difference in the bolt on an open bolt straight blowback guns and a closed bolt straight blowback gun. The only differences are the hole for the firing pin not being drilled all the way through the bolt on the open bolt gun and the bolt face needing to be countersunk slightly on the open bolt gun (else the case will hang up on the firing pin when being pushed into the chamber). The main difference going between closed bolt and open bolt is the trigger group which is a very small portion of the cost of a gun and won't change the cost much.
>>
>>32773126
You forgot the part about adapting the bolt to either a hammer-fired design or a striker-fired design.

It involves a bit more.

A lot more.
>>
>>32773138
I own a semi auto MAC 11, there's barely any difference. Not all bolts from open bolt guns are hard to redesign for closed bolt operation.
>>
>>32773158
>there's barely any difference
Which is why they're notoriously unreliable.
Same thing with the TEC-9 - it was meant to be an open bolt gun and, after its lackluster conversion that was meant only to push out existing inventory, it sucked.
The only desired pieces of the MAC series are the ~$3,000 registered guns and receivers.

>Not all bolts from open bolt guns are hard to redesign for closed bolt operation
Leave the goalposts where they lie, Anon.
>>
>>32773190
>Which is why they're notoriously unreliable.
You're just talking out of your ass now. My MAC 11 has had zero problems.

>Same thing with the TEC-9 - it was meant to be an open bolt gun and, after its lackluster conversion that was meant only to push out existing inventory, it sucked.
Confirmed for knowing nothing about the history of the TEC-9. It sucked because the head of the company kept trying to cut every corner possible in the manufacture of the gun.

>Leave the goalposts where they lie, Anon.
The MAC 11 is cheaper and simpler to build than a STEN and doesn't require many changes to convert to a closed bolt design. Face it, modern reproduction full auto STENs won't be some ridiculously cheap full auto for everyone option like people fantasize about. They'll cost over $400 when everything is done and will end up competing with low cost AR-15 builds.
>>
File: 1331999709462.jpg (175KB, 1540x538px) Image search: [Google]
1331999709462.jpg
175KB, 1540x538px
>>32773250
>My MAC 11 has had zero problems
Anon, there's this thing called 'anecdotal evidence' that just doesn't rule out the majority.
An outlier or five is not the standard.

>It sucked because the head of the company kept trying to cut every corner possible in the manufacture of the gun.
Because it was required to be semi-automatic and they did it terribly, yes.
As an open bolt pistol, it worked fine.

>The MAC 11 is cheaper and simpler to build than a STEN
That wasn't the argument, Anon. You keep shifting these goalposts around and evading the original argument that you're retarded for saying a bolt for a blowback automatic is complex despite it requiring much less work than a semi-automatic equivalent.

> Face it, modern reproduction full auto STENs won't be some ridiculously cheap full auto for everyone option like people fantasize about
A full-on reproduction won't, no, because reproductions are marketed towards purists.
A STEN-inspired design that's had improvements made, however, will be a competitor to the MAC line of automatics.
>>
Signed
>>
i don't want to dox myself
>>
>>32773138
>>32773250
Isnt that dude talking about building one yourself? That would be stupid cheap if you had access to tools. Makority of tbe price is due to labor, 3rd parties, and taxes. diy it and youve got just material and maybe a few hours renting a lathe
>>
File: 1374534762186.jpg (108KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
1374534762186.jpg
108KB, 900x616px
>>32773412
>That would be stupid cheap if you had access to tools.
You're goddamn right.

I think I'd swing for a Swedish K, though. I find it vastly superior to the STEN.
>>
>>32773316
First of all, the poster here: >>32772724 was not me. I started posting here: >>32773015. The point I'm trying to make is that STENs won't be ridiculously cheap like people insist.

>Anon, there's this thing called 'anecdotal evidence' that just doesn't rule out the majority.
>An outlier or five is not the standard.
And your standard of "I heard it somewhere on the internet" instead of actual research is worth even less than anecdotal evidence. Furthermore, ask anyone with a MAC 11 clone made by MPA and they'll tell you they haven't had problems because MPA doesn't have shit QC or cut corners trying to lower costs. You don't understand what you're talking about and are trying to project the failures of companies with poor reputations on all companies that make those style products.

>Because it was required to be semi-automatic and they did it terribly, yes.
They cut corners in more ways than that. Try looking up the gun's history before going on about it. Even if it stayed open bolt they would still have managed to fuck it up.

>despite it requiring much less work than a semi-automatic equivalent.
No, they fucking don't. I already told you what the differences are in an earlier post.

>>32773412
A lathe, a milling machine, a press for stamping some of the parts, and a welder.
>>
>>32771861
Did my part. You faggots who haven't signed yet do it now.
>>
>>32773465
>And your standard of "I heard it somewhere on the internet" instead of actual research is worth even less than anecdotal evidence.
>Furthermore, ask anyone with a MAC 11 clone made by MPA and they'll tell you they haven't had problems because MPA doesn't have shit QC or cut corners trying to lower costs.
So your internet research trumps -my- "internet research". Okay. :^)))))

>No, they fucking don't.
Yes they do. Apart from the cuts, they require a spring, a sear, and a trigger along with the extractor.
Guess how many more parts and cuts you'll need for a semi-automatic variant of the same for a conversion.
Your list of differences does not account for designs other than the one you are specifically thinking about.
>>
>>32773526
>So your internet research trumps -my- "internet research". Okay. :^)))))
>trumps
trump weed lmao
>>
>>32773526
>So your internet research trumps -my- "internet research". Okay. :^)))))
Hearing something get repeated on the internet but not actually reading about it yourself is not research.

>Guess how many more parts and cuts you'll need for a semi-automatic variant of the same for a conversion.
I already went over the difference in the cuts for hammer fired adaptations, and the couple additional parts for the trigger group aren't going to raise the price of the gun by more than $10-$20 at the most. Just because a part would be more complex to make at home doesn't mean it's significantly more expensive to mass produce. Furthermore, the additional parts and machining operations make even less of a difference when comparing similar purpose built designs rather than attempts at retrofitting old designs.
>>
>>32773682
>I already went over the difference in the cuts for hammer fired adaptations
Re-read your post here >>32773126

Regardless, a blowback automatic bolt is much more simple to make due to less steps being taken.
I don't know why you continue to refute this when you've constantly proven yourself otherwise.
>>
>>32773719
>Re-read your post here
Yes, and? That was the post I was referencing.

>a blowback automatic bolt is much more simple to make
No, they are barely more simple to make, almost to the point of irrelevance, from a mass production standpoint and you aren't going to see much if any difference in the final cost of the product.
>>
File: 881.jpg (488KB, 1600x1103px) Image search: [Google]
881.jpg
488KB, 1600x1103px
Signed. Also signed the Hughes amendment one.
>>
>>32772724
a mini sten in 22lr would be fun. But not sure that's possible. I don't want to shoot expensive ammo in a machine gun but in 22lr it would be fun.
>>
>>32774022
It's possible, you'd just have to pay a lot of attention to how the mag is designed so the rimmed case doesn't cause constant failures to feed.
>>
>>32774041
Yeah, you're right. I guess just convert a ruger 10/22 is easier.
>>
>>32772749
>Dindus won't mo'dakka because even tho "It be gangsta homie" it makes them less efficient
Unlikely
>>
>>32774241
They can already get automatic weapons, now, and they generally don't.
>>
signed both. feelsgoodman
>>
>>32773857
My Nigerian associate
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.