[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

I've got a gun show happening near me in May; what should I look for and how much money should I save?
>>
File: NEPyztq.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
NEPyztq.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>32768903
look for things you are interested in

save enough money for things you want
>>
97% of things are overpriced, if you're lucky an old guy will have some stuff he just wants to move and may have an interesting piece or 2 in there
>>
>>32768903
>what should I look for
how the fuck should we know what you want?
think about what interests you and start researching prices. the nice thing about cell phones is you can pull it out and google right there.
if you see something you like, google a price and see if the average is close to the asking price.
be sure to pay attention to condition and accessories included (if any) as well, those can be major deciding factors in price.
>>
>>32768903
>glocks glocks and more glocks
>shitty TA-50 and surplus
>ppl shilling tasers and pepper spray
>over priced milsurp rifles
oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said "what do I have to look forward to"
>>
>>32768944
I mean more quality-wise. Obviously, I don't know what's going to be there, I just wanted some tips on what to look out for.
>>
>>32768954
Not broken shit? Good looking bores? No tooling marks?
>>
>>32768968
Thanks, anon.
>>
round up all your convicted felon and illegal alien friends, bring them to gun show, all walk out with automatic assault machine guns with a shoulder thing that goes up with no background checks
>>
>>32768984
Good advice
>>
>>32768951
Where do you get your guns, then?
>>
ask if you can work the action or even dry fire. its not a big deal if they say no, which im sure many will.
rust is the biggest issue imo, avoid it. pitting and staining on metal is another issue to look out for.
chips or cracks in furniture. matching serials numbers. manufacturers markings.
>>
>>32769004
my fav fun store, I haven't actually bought a gun at a gun show in 10 years
>>
>>32769016
Lucky. I wish I had a good gun store near me.
>>
>>32769009
Alrighty. Thank you.
>>
File: beretta.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
beretta.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>32768954
It got to a point where I actually started compiling a list of guns that I want to buy, ranked from easily obtainable/modern production to rare/obscenely expensive/NFA.

I try to research the prices of my most wanted items on the list, and I go to each show armed with the knowledge of a reasonable price (and especially a reasonable low-ball offer) for a few guns.

I walk the same show each year multiple times and see a lot of the same stuff and same people, and it's been easy for me to build a rapport with people that I know bring in new stuff all the time.

I try to bring around $700 with me because I'm mostly interested in buying handguns (just what I like collecting), so it varies on what you'd like.

Pic related, one of my gunshow finds
>>
>>32769004
gunbroker and forum classifieds for me. its been a while since ive bought a gun from a LGS. its been a while even buying from website vendors.
heres another gunshow tip: go in with no expectations. just have fun walking around and looking at guns. do not feel obligated to make a purchase just because youre there. its an easy way to waste money.
>>
>>32769050
I already have a Ruger 10/22 carbine and a Springfield M1903 that my grandpa modified the shit out of.
>>
>>32769083
I've heard that guns there are usually overpriced, is that true?
>>
>>32768903

Gun shows are good for things other than guns. Bubba is going to be there trying to sell his shitty 10 year old Remington 770 for $200 more than he bought it for. Last one I went to I picked up a pile of Leatherman for $30 and some badass Abu Garcia bait casters for $20 apiece.
>>
>>32769235
I'll keep my eyes open
>>
Dealer here, what would make me the most shekels?
>>
How thew fuck is a gunshow overpriced? take an Econ 101 class >>32768925
its a high competition market and they all compete for sales. you get your large wholesalers there and shit and they have pissing matches on prices
>>
>>32769776
.22lr bulk
>>
>>32769833
>t.neverbeentoagunshow
>>
>>32768903
you should look for somewhere else to be with something else to do, then you will save all of it.
>>
>>32768903
avoid new production stuff. look for good deals on old shit and buy lots of jerky.
>>
>>32769050
Holy fuck; are you me? I named my categories "Oh Obtainable" and "Dreamin' Big".
>>
>>32768903
Keep an eye out for other people walking around trying to sell. Lots of times guys bring in stuff that dealers want to buy for way under market value but you can get for a decent price.
>>
>>32768903
A gun store.

You'll save an afternoon and buyer's remorse.
>>
>>32769137
during the "panic" they were, at least at the last Bill Goodmans I went to they seemed in line with most brick and mortar stores in my area. >>32769028
I live in the Cincy area, there are more gun stores in the area than you could hope to visit in a week. some are shitty dark holes with angry old men, others are nice clean retail experiences.
>>
>>32768903
Look to see if they have any guns for sale
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.