[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too poor for AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: chinese_sks.jpg (2MB, 4571x1578px) Image search: [Google]
chinese_sks.jpg
2MB, 4571x1578px
With prices on the Chinese sks going down, are these a good buy at $330

>http://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-military-surplus-issue-with-bayonet,-c-r.-used.-p-58288.html
>>
>>32768553
Just save $300 more and into AR or AK.
>but I need gun now!
Congrats, you blew $300 on meh, and now you need to save $600 to get what you want.
>>
>>32768553
You can find an AR for around 100 more if you look hard enough
>>
>>32768553
no. goto gun shows you'll get them a lot cheaper that way
>>
>>32768553
These guys are cucks. The SKS, especially the Norinco is a great starter rifle.

Get it, or save $200 more for a Sport II
>>
330 is a decent price for an SKS, but these are sinobanians and most likely will be beat to shit. These are not commercial norinco exports, but military rifles made by Jianshe. I would by these over cheap ARs or AKs though.
>>
>>32768553
thats a good price.
I enjoy the shit out of my sks im sure you will too
>>
>>32769905
more like 150 if you consider shipping on the sks. Saw a sport 2 for $500 shipped today.
>>
>Is this a good gun for the price
Yes.

>I'm too poor for an AR
You're not. You can exercise patience and save and get a cheap AR for 500 bucks. Palmetto sells kits you can put together yourself with a minimum of tools and elbow grease.

But if you want an SKS then buy an SKS, and forget about all these people harassing you about YOU SHOULD GET AN AR THEY'RE WAY BETTER.

The SKS makes just as nice of a range toy as the AR does, and the advice of all the people slapping their cocks together about detachable magazines and the slicing of pie is worth less than the electricity it costs to transmit their words because you're never going to use the gun for that, ever.

And if you later decide that you wanted an AR after all, just resell the damn thing and buy your AR. Or keep it, and now you have something to loan to people if you don't trust them not to drop or otherwise damage your AR.
>>
>>32770015
didn't the guy in dallas use an SKS?
>>
>>32770028
Yes, but that's not the point.

The point is that the odds that OP will ever have to use the weapon in anger are right up there with being killed by a falling coconut in North Dakota.
>>
>>32768718
Last gun show I went to I saw an sks for $800. I really doubt he'd find a better price there.

>>32770028
>didn't the guy in dallas use an SKS?

Which guy in Dallas?
>>
>>32770170
>Which guy in Dallas?

nigger who shot some cops
>>
>>32770197
Oh, he used an sks? I guess I didn't follow that news very carefully, last I had heard people thought he had used an ak based on the video.
>>
The Dallas guy actually used an ak74, not an SKS. The SKS was reported initially at a conference, but was incorrect.
>>
>>32768553
Dont listen to these guys. An sks is fine for that price and theres no real difference in performance between a $500 AR and an sks anyway.
>>
>>32768553
They are good rifles, they don't have modern features though, like detachable mags or being able to change the furniture easily, pistol grips, flawed design too w/ firing pin getting stuck easily.
>>
File: 1485271643932.png (154KB, 247x254px) Image search: [Google]
1485271643932.png
154KB, 247x254px
>>32768553
>buying commie ching chong ding dong garbage
>>
>>32770256

>no real difference in performance between a $500 AR and an sks anyway

I see you've never fired either

How good of you to offer your advice
>>
>>32770640
yea the real difference is the AR will jam, glorious SKS never will :^)
>>
They were cool when they were $200. Just save the extra 200 and get an entry level AR. You'll be happier.
>>
Well I have all kind of rifles but if I could have only one it would be an SKS. They range in price from 200 bucks all the way up to 2000 bucks. I would rather have a 350 Sks any day over a 500 AR.
>>
>>32768553
If it's good enough for a British serial killer, it's good enough for you. (JK)
>>
File: Q8HiNJm.gif (3MB, 375x275px) Image search: [Google]
Q8HiNJm.gif
3MB, 375x275px
>>32770673
(chinese screeching)
>>
>>32768553
you can build an AR with BUIS and a red dot for $450
>>
You don't have to "build" an SKS, they come all ready for action!
>>
>>32772793
Yeah, a shit one with shit parts. The SKS will at least run right.
>>
File: 20161215_132210.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_132210.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
The sks is a fantastic rifle in its own right. I own 3 of them and they are one of my favorites. Don't listen to the guys saying "hurr durr just buy an AR". You'll love it and you can hit anything within 200 yards
>>
File: 1482991264694.png (95KB, 990x556px) Image search: [Google]
1482991264694.png
95KB, 990x556px
>>32772834
I'm going to point out that this is a meme to anyone seriously reading this thread. An SKS is cheaper upfront but it's got reliability problems you will learn about later. An AR15 blows it out of the fucking water.
>>
>>32770219
>>32770197
>>32770170
>>32770028

Micah Johnson used a 5.45 Saiga you retards
>>
Piston all day over any gas impingement system for reliability. What a Kek
>>
>>32768553

You can get a brand new anderson carbine for $420. Even though it's a low end AR, it's better than taking a $330 gamble on a beat to shit chicom rifle.
>>
>>32770028
it was an ak74. the reports were wrong.

>>32768553
i have a chinese sks op. overall im happy with it. should you wait for an ar or just get the sks? that depends what you want out of the gun.
>>
>>32772916

>sks
>reliability problems

U w0t m8?

Literally the only issue they have is the firing pin getting stuck and causing slamfires. Which can only happen if you dont clean your gun AKA wont ever happen.
>>
>>32768553
If you want an AR save up and get an AR. You'll never be happy with the SKS because it's not what you wanted.

If you WANT an SKS, by all means get it and enjoy it.

And don't fall for the Tapco meme. The duckbill mags are fragile, bulky trash that have feed issues in a lot of rifles unless you feel like taking a dremel to your feed ramp, and the furniture is soft shitty polymer that makes the gun front-heavy and ugly as fuck, and the railz are purely cosmetic (because, again, soft, shitty polymer). If you try to turn an SKS into an AK or AR, you're just adding ~$100 to the price tag (that could've gone to an AK or AR) to make your rifle less functional.
>>
I like my SKS, but if I was ever forced to choose between my stock carry handle AR, and my stock SKS... the AR is going to be chosen every time.

>better sights
>higher capacity
>plenty of spare parts
>extraordinarily easy to use
>>
>>32772995
mine has some feeding issues sometimes. and yes, i am using the fixed mag. i can't figure out what causes it, but it seems to happen more per 100 rounds with that that lacquer coated stuff.
>>
>>32772995
When I read this, I think two things:
>Is the mag original to the rifle?
>Was the rifle at some point using duckbill mags, which often require feed ramp modification?

Also, what kind of SKS is it?
>>
>>32773237
Meant to quote >>32773122
>>
>>32770673

I know this is bait, but

I have two Russian SKS's and after putting about 4000 rounds of surplus through them I've had several stoppages in both. A few were due to poor maintenance (first rifle, didn't fully understand corrosive ammo), and a few were do to the junky steel case I typically shoot through them. Malfunctions can happen with every gun.
>>
>>32773237
the mag i had to purchase later, with that said, the fun was never modified for a feed ramp. the sks is chinese, and i think the mag is too. its a regular 10 rounder.

i got this pic off goggle. this is what it does. it ejects fine, but sometimes when i goes to load the next round, it ends up doing this instead of putting it into the chamber.
>>
File: stove.jpg (31KB, 585x429px) Image search: [Google]
stove.jpg
31KB, 585x429px
>>32773237
forgot pic
>>
>>32768553
OP, if you want an AR, save up $200 more and buy an AR. The market is saturated with them and they are very reasonably priced now.

If you want an SKS, get an SKS. They're decent rifles but they're not an AR.

I own something like 23 guns, the biggest lesson I've learned is to buy what you really want, not what's cheap/available immediately. I have a bunch of cheap kinda crappy guns I don't ever shoot because I bought them just because, rather than because it was something I really wanted.

If an AR is what you're truly lusting over, then get an AR. If you just want a semi auto for plinking and legitimately don't care what it is, go for the SKS, they're fun too. You'll regret not buying an AR if it's what you really want
>>
>>32772995

I'm this guy >>32773299

This is what happens when people turn a rifle design into a sacred cow. I still feel that the SKS is rugged and reliable, but just like every gun, cartridge A needs to get pushed into chamber B. If there's shit in the way or the angle is wrong, it stops, period.

Improper cleaning after my first time shooting my SKS left the chamber coated in a fine dry rust (corrosive czech ammo as I recall). On my next range trip, the lacquer steel case of the first round I fired adhered to the chamber wall so firmly that the extractor on the rifle tore the rim off of the case head when I tried to stomp it open. I had to pound the case out with a cleaning rod. My fault? Absolutely. But it did dispel the myth for me that Slav guns don't need care and maintenance, since a week or two without cleaning after firing the ammunition the rifle was meant to fire left it inoperable.

I've had one particular malfunction with both guns - you've got to "bump" the BCG fully into battery because it hangs up in the last few mm's of forward travel. I haven't had it happen with brass ammunition and I think it's because the chamber quickly becomes hot and dry and the cases start to stick a little bit.

Also, as a side note, the safety on these rifles suck so fucking bad that I'd just never carry it around on a full chamber. Extremely stiff, and it's possible to pull the trigger as you swing it into the fire position.

Terrific plinking rifles - there's a reason I bought a second one. But they're not as great as /k/ would have you believe.
>>
Chinese milsurp SKSs are pretty decent quality. Chrome lined gas system and, IIRC, bore. decently accurate if there is still rifling left. They're a lot of fun too.

>clips

They will be absolutely beat to shit though.
>>
>>32773996
>Chrome lined gas system
on the chinese ones, the gas systems aren't, but i think the first few inches of this piston are. that, or they're just not blued.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.