[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on the sig mpx /k??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: sig mpx.jpg (241KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
sig mpx.jpg
241KB, 900x600px
thoughts on the sig mpx /k??
>>
Just build a 9mm AR faggot
>>
Just get an Mp5 faggot
>>
Just buy a Tec-9 faggot
>>
Just buy it faggot
>>
Just think for yourself faggot
>>
File: MPXsd.jpg (67KB, 650x403px) Image search: [Google]
MPXsd.jpg
67KB, 650x403px
kicks back a disappointingly large amount of gas when suppressed. :(
>>
Just faggot it buy.
>>
>>32762319
I held one. Cool gun, but as usual, telescoping stocks feel like ass. At least it's slightly better feeling than an underfolder ak. But one step above the worst still is shit tier.
>>
Just get the Evo faggot
>>
>>32762319
Pretty trash. The MCX on the other hand is very good to go.

Source:
Department armorers had our team putting both through their paces as potential replacement guns.

We still have MP5s in our inventory and will be keeping them after trying the miserable failure that is the MPX. Failures everywhere.

The MCX was a dark horse candidate that we tested to replace some aging ARs and really only did it because Sig sent them along with the MPXs. Surprisingly we loved the MCX. We dumped tens of thousands of rounds through them in good weather, bad weather, suppressed and unsuppressed, full auto dumps and back to single shot group fire. Great rifles.
>>
>>32762564
what pd has MCXs? besides London met.
>>
>>32762585
A bunch across the US apparently. We have an LEO rep with Sig and he's the one who hooked us up with the demo guns. Last I checked they were gonna order a half dozen MCX rifles to keep in the armory.
>>
>>32762564
What kind of failures occurred with the MPX?
>>
>>32762686
Most every failure you will commonly find, just with more frequency than we'd allow in a service gun.

Lots of failures to feed (using FMJ and JHP), had quite a bit of stove pipes under full auto controlled groups. Were running into some extraction issues when suppressed, especially again under controlled bursts in full auto. Our beat to shit MP5s (many from the late 90s) were putting together tighter groups on average.

Some complete failures and lockups in the action when exposed to very moderate filthy mediums like dirt, sand and mud.

No one had much positive to say about it by the time the 2 weeks of testing and evaluation were done.
>>
>Sig

It's trash until proven otherwise.
>>
>>32762564
Weird, my experience was the exact opposite, but Sigs QC sucks so I don't doubt it.

My MPX has been great, but the MPX group on fb and forums seems to be filled with crazy stories about guns not shipping with gas systems, without gas ports drilled, with broken firing pins...pretty nuts. Mine has in the neighborhood of 1200 failure-free rounds through it and there are many others that haven't had problems. Seems hit or miss.

My MCX was a turd. Several failures that were come-and-go with different varieties of ammo, handguard would get pretty hot, and not even Sig will tell you what the gas settings mean. If you say you have a failure on one setting, they'll tell you to flip it to the other and vice versa.
>>
>>32762820
Odd about the MCX on your end. We had 5 total we tested. Not sure if there's a different level of QC or difference in components for their .mil and LEO full auto variants or not. They were proving to be more reliable than our stock of ARs and M4s/M16s.

We had 6 of the MPXs and all experienced the same failures and issues commonly. Again, could be a batch thing or could be a difference between the .mil/LEO full auto variants. No idea, but they were definitely not floating our boat.
>>
>>32762319
If getting a legal SBR wasnt such a chore I think I'd be a little more inclined. But I felt it was a better idea just to build a 9mm ar and swap out calibers as I see fit. IDK, I just dont see the need when 9mm ars are a thing.
>>
File: IMG_20170124_144809.jpg (1MB, 2688x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_144809.jpg
1MB, 2688x1512px
>>32762319
It's solid. I've got three and didn't have an issue being a dumbass with any of them. I did like the Evo better if I'm honest, but to be frank I didn't see any merits of either over a 9mm AR. I don't recall what I paid for any, but if they're similar in price I'd just go for the AR (and that's coming from a non fanboy lol).
>>
Other PCC options to look at:

Thureon Def. Carbine
Aero Survival Rifle
HiPoint (Seriously)
Beretta CX4
>>
>>32763093

Oh, and the SUB2000 (Get the updated version).
>>
>>32763093
I been meaning to try out them hi point carbines. Heard some real good shit about them from someone I trust.
>>
>>32763100
Nah man the Sub2k still sucks imo. I got me a few and they all seem to blow ass still. The gen 1 was finicky, but the Gen 2 just seems outright assholish. Could just be mine. Which do you have that you like? Mine takes glock mags.
>>
>>32762319

Solution looking for a problem.
>>
>>32763121

I don't own one myself. What rounds have you tried?
>>
File: IMG_20170124_151408.jpg (2MB, 2688x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_151408.jpg
2MB, 2688x1512px
>>32763215
Remington UMC, Fed white boxes and some Stand 1 in the Gen 2. I apparently didn't log what I put through the Gen 1, so I just nigged it out into a Draco at some point lol
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.