[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuclear Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: im_nuclear_im_wild.jpg (44KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
im_nuclear_im_wild.jpg
44KB, 800x531px
Trying to summon Oppenheimer. I'd really like to learn about nuclear proliferation, and what books are a good start for that. I have access to a college library, so I should be able to get obscure stuff on interlibrary loan.
>>
He made a post a while back saying he was done posting under the trip but would still lurk some, who knows, you might get lucky IF I GET TRIPLE DOUBLE QUADS
>>
>>32760974
seems not
>>
>>32760951
Oppenheimer more or less dropped his trip because of all the retarded tripfag drama it'd cause every time he showed up, he did pop up once to correct somehow who was claiming he'd said things he didn't actually though, so he's still here. He'd usually post this reading list whenever someone asked.

On Thermonuclear War By Herman Kahn
On Limited Nuclear War in the 21st Century by Jeffrey Larsen and Kerry Kartchner
The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition by Lawrence Freedman
Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces by Pavel Podvig
Nuclear Statecraft: History and Strategy in America's Atomic Age by Francis J. Gavin
Eating Grass: The Making of the Pakistani Bomb by Feroz Khan
Prevention, Pre-emption and the Nuclear Option: From Bush to Obama by Aiden Warren
Nuclear Deterrence in the 21st Century: Lessons from the Cold War for a New Era of Strategic Piracy by Thérèse Delpech
Analyzing Strategic Nuclear Policy by Charles L. Glaser
Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Nuclear Strategy in the Modern Era: Regional Powers and International Conflict by Vipin Narang
Building the H Bomb: A Personal History By Kenneth W Ford
>>
Personally recommended starting with
Eric Schlosser's Command and Control, then pick your fancy.

On Thermonuclear War By Herman Kahn
On Limited Nuclear War in the 21st Century by Jeffrey Larsen and Kerry Kartchner
The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy, Third Edition by Lawrence Freedman
Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces by Pavel Podvig
Nuclear Statecraft: History and Strategy in America's Atomic Age by Francis J. Gavin
Eating Grass: The Making of the Pakistani Bomb by Feroz Khan
Prevention, Pre-emption and the Nuclear Option: From Bush to Obama by Aiden Warren
Nuclear Deterrence in the 21st Century: Lessons from the Cold War for a New Era of Strategic Piracy by Thérèse Delpech
Analyzing Strategic Nuclear Policy by Charles L. Glaser
Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Nuclear Strategy in the Modern Era: Regional Powers and International Conflict by Vipin Narang
Building the H Bomb: A Personal History By Kenneth W Ford
>>
>>32760951
I still wonder - why did it cause such a shitstorm every time he busted the nuclear Armageddon myth. People are so buttblasted about it, it's sort of like the global warming debate.
>>
OP here

What about Bruce Blair's Logic of Accidental Nuclear War and Strategic Command and Control?
>>
>>32761987
They didn't like someone with actual knowledge ruining their fantasy, and once someone is recognized as an actual expert it brings a lot of salt from wannabes.
>>
>>32760974
Why does the sequence of the number of the thread matter. Can you know when a certain posting is coming up? Do you pull or get these postings that way. I don't see the point, nor understand why it's so important.
Meanwhile, going back to my finger box with Uranium in it. It's ok, it's depleted, but still radioactive and I don't ever lick my fingers from that box.
>>
>>32761207
>On Thermonuclear War By Herman Kahn

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2005/P1888.pdf

A catalog of other publications. e-book style.
https://www.rand.org/pubs/authors/k/kahn_herman.html
>>
>>32762411
Thanks anon
>>
>>32762239
>Bruce Blair's Logic of Accidental Nuclear War

https://www.murdercube.com/files/NBC/Nuclear/Accidental%20Nuclear%20War.pdf
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.