[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are suppressors legal within the U.S? I just had an argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Are suppressors legal within the U.S?
I just had an argument with my friend about this, from what I found it seems that they're technically illegal under U.S federal law but are illegal under state law in 42 states. From my understanding this would mean the are technically illegal and states just allow them to be owned but in the F.B.I wanted to they could confiscate them and hail the owners when ever they want?
>>
Yes

/thread
>>
they're a registered item under the NFA passed in the 30s? They're also outright illegal in a number of states due to those states passing laws on them.

So if you and your friend live in IL/CA/other liberal shithole, its illegal.
>>
Your understanding of US law is completely backwards. Federal law states that they are legal to own if the proper taxes are paid and forms/background checks are completed. Individual states have the right to further regulate or ban them altogether.
>>
>>32760905
Suppressors serve no purpose except assassination
Therefore it should be illegal.
>>
>>32760905
You got it backwards, it's legal in 42 states.
>>
File: 1482338661630.jpg (95KB, 449x755px) Image search: [Google]
1482338661630.jpg
95KB, 449x755px
>>32760941
>>
>>32760942
Yer that's what I was meant to type
>>
>>32760947
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>32760947
OP is British not a campus libtard
>>
>>32760959
They can prevent neighbors making noise complaints to the police
>>
File: 1482778782884.png (46KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1482778782884.png
46KB, 500x397px
>>32760959
Nice bait bro. Unless you're serious which in that case BHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>32760959

Suppressors are legal in Britain. They're not used for murders. And they still make a hell of a lot of noise. They're mostly used to be courteous to neighbors.

So instead of hurtful annoying noise. Just annoying noise
>>
>>32760905
>>>www.Google.com
>>
>>32760941
>I'm a liberal and I don't even believe this bullshit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.