[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont deregulate Silencers!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 34

File: Suppressor_001.jpg (20KB, 650x312px) Image search: [Google]
Suppressor_001.jpg
20KB, 650x312px
Gun loudness is not a health hazard its a saftey feature according toProfessor Robert (((Spitzer)))

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-nra-wants-to-suppress-one-of-guns-most-important-safety-features/2017/01/22/5a7140fc-dcd7-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.12cd252bdf70
>>
makes u think
>>
>>32760507
Yeah, well, police departments across the US don't seem to consider suppressors a safety hazard, as they seem to be ambivalent toward suppressor use.

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2015/06/how-gun-suppressors-became-legal-minnesota-barely-any-debate
>>
>>32760507
>scroll downs to comments
> This is yet another massively ignorant article from a left wing psycho publication. Anyone who has ever shot a suppressed firearm knows that it's still very loud. Idiots who think that silencers actually work in real life the way they do in Hollywood should not be writing about the subject
>A rifle (AR15) without a suppressor makes 160-170 decibels of noise. The same rifle with a suppressor makes 130-140 decibels of noise. A jackhammer is 110 decibels, a nightclub 120-130 decibels. Journalism is truly in peril. Nobody can do their homework and try to understand something they know nothing about. The arguments of the Brady Campaign are a total red herring and have nothing to do with any fact-checked information. Shame on you!
>You're a special kind of stupid, and so is Sen. Murphy.

A suppressor reduces a firearm's report from ear-splittingly, ear-damagingly loud, to merely obnoxiously loud.

The only reason laws were passed against it was due to rampant poaching of livestock during the Great Depression. I don't see anyone starving today.

News flash, illegal silencers are easily made and readily available. Just search for 'solvent traps' on Amazon. Yet, they are almost never used in any sort of violent crime.
>>
>>32760507
Well if Pravda on the Potomac said it, it must be true.
>>
>>32760589
So wait, I've been using my solvent traps wrong?
>>
>>32760612
>>32760589

I dunno, I was just quoting commenters. Forgot to green text those too.
>>
I wish that people would stop using bullshit definitions for "hearing safe."

Very very few suppressed guns are hearing safe. Subsonic 300blk suppressed is not hearing safe. The maxim 9 is not hearing safe.

The "hearing safe" that *they* mean is a sound level that is not noticeably damaging. It still damages your hearing, however. In fact, most guns can damage your hearing just through the cycling of the action (if you arent wearing protection that is).

It pisses me off.
>>
>>32760623
They are not optimal for the purpose ........ but yes especially for 45 acp and sub sonic 22lr and 9mm it can work as one but it is illegal to use it for that purpose without stamp registration and standard disclaimer. Nothing I am keen on fucking with I will just wait till they are legal unregulated and upgrade parts and options
>>
Could you make a Hollywood silent semi auto weapon?

I know the welrod was only 70 dB, but that was a foot long bolt action pistol.
>>
Yes deregulate suppressors. It's absolutely freaking stupid that we have regulations for short barrel rifles and suppressors because Dianne Feinstein and the rest of her little hypocrite congressperson friends have perpetuated the idea that if you want to own these types of items you must be a criminal or are planning a crime. The fact that you have to register to be able to own them and that you have to pay a stamp for each one that you get is a direct criminalization of legal ownership. Very rare in the history of US crime law has a professionally manufactured suppressor been used in the commission of a crime. The majority of suppressors used in crime, while bearing in degree of sophistication have all been homemade. Even the American Mafia produced their own suppressors that work quickly discardable after the commission of a crime.
>>
>>32760655
But for fucks sake life isn't hearing safe. A loud-ish conversation can damage ones ears.
>>
>>32760507
>Robert ((((((Spitzer))))))
>>
>>32760682
Probably, but it would either be a hugely unweildy contraption like the Welrod and it might be miserably low power. Best approach would be something like the tunnel fighting revolver from Vietnam or those Soviet suppressed pepperbox things.
>>
>>32760682
.22 is about as close as it gets.
>>
if silencers are illegul then wut is dis

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AY5D80O/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01AY5D80O&linkId=429d6603f918694ca4431dfd2ee336ac
>>
>>32760507
>(((Spitzer)))
>>
>>32760701
and babies shrieking, too.

I understand your point - but it's still irresponsible to call it "hearing safe". call it something else: "minimally harmful" or something, so people don't get int a false sense of security.

word choice matters
>>
>>32760507
That's funny, suppressors seem like theyre the safety feature over in countries like Finland and Norway. Hunters use them all the time, and buy them over the counter there.
>>
>>32761122
Oh yeah, well pal, I can buy guns over the counter here.
>>
>>32760682
>I know the welrod was only 70 dB
Ten first shots with fresh rubbers inside the "silencer" were 70db. The rest were pretty roughly 120 dB
>>
>>32760655
>I wish that people would stop using bullshit definitions for "hearing safe."
140 decibels is OSHA's limit for impulse noise. There's a difference between a constant noise at a certain decibel level and an impulse noise. Suppressors most certainly do make guns hearing safe.
>>
>>32760682
>>32761292
There is no gun that's 70 decibels you fucktards. Even a primer going off is louder than that. That's the result you get when using a decibel meter not designed to measure brief impulse noise like gunshots or hammering a nail.
>>
>>32760733
They're playing the political game. This requires manipulative use of words. Are you naive enough to think using "minimally harmful", which has the word "harmful" in it is somehow not going to trigger negative thoughts in whoever reads/hears it?
"Hearing safety" does not do that, it reads/sounds like a health safety announcement.
If you're retarded enough to take these bill names by face value without reading them in detail and thinking about it, you're no better than people these word use are designed to manipulate.
>>
Evil silencers need to be banned. Think of the children, do you really want mentally ill trannies using them in a sexual manner in front of them? I think not.
>>
>>32761637
>Think of the children, do you really want mentally ill trannies using them in a sexual manner in front of them?
Yes. I mean, it can't be worse than public schools.
>>
>>32761655
Yknow i never understood why people shit on public schools so much

Have you ever even been to public school?
>>
>>32760589
130-140 decibels is still ear damaging and can damage your ear quickly. Anything over 80-85 decibels has the potential to cause hearing loss.
>>
>>32761254
I'm going to guess that you're not american. Public schools in the US are the default that everyone goes to, it means a different thing than it does in the UK. In the US the public school systems have been in demonstrable decline since the 80's
>>
>>32761731
>Anything over 80-85 decibels has the potential to cause hearing loss.
When you pass a certain threshold of exposure. Also, it should be noted that regular earpro with a pistol only brings your exposure down to the 120-130 db range, and if you want to hold ridiculous beliefs about everything needing to be under 80-85 db, a suppressed .22 rifle + good earpro makes it possible to actually get there.
>>
>>32760655
>In fact, most guns can damage your hearing just through the cycling of the action (if you arent wearing protection that is).
lol fucking what, I can cycle my rifle's bolt near silently
>>
itt: people who have only seen suppressors on YouTube

Supressor + 22sub + bolt gun= quieter than a half hearted clap

Inb4 muh decibel autism
>>
>>32762032
>committing crime with a 22
goodj0ke
>>
>>32762067
It's a crime to commit a crime! Don't you listen to the words of your government?! Had a little too much to think.
>>
>>32760682
There was some silencer I remember watching a youtube video about, where apparently a marine or other non-engineer had an idea, presented it to actual engineers, and the outcome was a real hollywood-tier suppression.
>>
>>32762855
Link?
>>
>>32762872
If I remembered the name I would have.
>>
>>32760693
God I would LOVE to be able to just buy a suppressor and a SBR with no hassle or need to let law enforcement what firearms I own
>>
>>32761678

I went to public school.

It was pretty fucking bad and I know places that were a hell of a lot worse.
>>
>>32760682
The Nagant Revolver with a suppressor is basically Hollywood-tier
>>
>>32762855

Are you talking about the one that has a complex geometry on the inside of the suppressor to basically turn it into the inverse of an impeller?

I know what you're talking about, but don't recall the name.
>>
>>32762855
Actually, I heard on Forgotten Weapons that the Welrod actually made the Hollywood kind of suppressor because it essentially had a series of rubber films that the bullet had to go through. The first 10 or so shots were really silent, after that the rubber wouldn't reform and you would get a standard suppressor
>>
File: 1483313211574.gif (3MB, 644x472px) Image search: [Google]
1483313211574.gif
3MB, 644x472px
>>32760507
will the HPA be the new and longer lasting
.22 shortage?
>>
>>32762855
https://osssuppressors.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXMrvDU7-Q
these?
>>
>>32760507
is it because he's jewish that he decides to do this?
>>
>>32763130
I think so, the "like a jet engine" comment sounds familiar. The specific video I recall was more like a documentary, and featured video of shooting into a sand trap in a small indoor range.
>>
>>32763162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8XilfKLi0
>>
>>32763162
so something you need to remember is that on video you can't accurately gauge the sound from a gunshot suppressed or not. I like the idea behind the OSS suppressors guys, but I think I would stick to more traditional baffle style my self.
>>
>>32763194
I also like the idea but am also getting whiff of bullshit from their video. Just another wonder device that should already be taking over the market if it worked as advertised.
>>
>>32763236
I believe it works as described hence why I like the idea, however why it hasn't taken over the market is because of its price and it doesn't do anything actually better.
>>
>>32763191
>>32763130
>heavy
>marginally acceptable dB reduction
>probably expensive given the intricate design
>ugly (it's like the Affliction shirt of silencers)

All this to reduce backpressure? This is made pointless by using an adjustable gas block, which is a simpler, more flexible, and much cheaper solution.

I bet they'll market the shit out of these and they'll be successful because of it.
>>
Hey guys, how long a threaded section do you need on the end of your barrel (up to the shoulder of the undercut) for a typical 9x19 suppressor?
>>
>>32763269
Apparently Hk's M110A1 CSASS is using one of these OSS cans. I was pretty shocked they're moving away from SF.
>>
>>32760575
That is because in high crime neighborhoods with lots of shooting no one fucking calls the cops, even when the shooting is next door. A suppressor makes no difference and Jamarcus and his friends are not going to put $600 worth of modifications on there $130 throw away Jimenez in order to solve a problem that isn't a problem for them. As has been noted by other posters, suppressors are straight forward to make yourself, even easier than f/a fire controls etc.
>>
>Incessantly mocks the occasional liberal dumbass
>Insists an AR-15 isn't an assault rifle
You guys are like a vantablack pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>32763027
>buying a suppressor when you can make one yourself from auto parts and a mag lite
>suddenly there is a massive mag lite shortage
>I heard that Homeland Security wuz buyin' all the flashlights for when the U.N. over throws Trump and sends us to those Fema Camps, finally.
Anon, I am dissapointed
>>
>>32760507

not buying it, signing the repeal petitions anyways
>>
>>32763327
Fun fact, the NOPD spent a bunch of money on a 911 system and tried to test it by firing a bunch of gunshots in a bad neighborhood.

They didn't get any calls, but they later found out the system was working.
>>
>>32763345
It isn't. An assault rifle is select-fire.
>>
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
Sign it you fuqs
>>
I suggest we do something to put an end to the "silencer" myth once and for all. We round up a bunch of left wing journalists (basically every single one out there), we put them in a room, and shoot with a suppressed AR15. They'll realize it's still loud enough to be easily audible as well as damaging to the ears in a closed environment. Then we shoot the AR again, but unsuppressed this time, without anyone wearing ear protection.
>>
>>32763345
The US fielded semi-automatic magazine fed rifles before it fielded fully automatic ones.

The US never called them assault rifles, because they weren't.
>>
>>32763327
>$130 throw away
These are the real issue.
J&J Pawns shop in Texas sells twenty of these to Carlos Gonzalez no questions asked, who immediately crosses into California and hands them out to his gang "Minoritay Defencia".
Texans then claim gun control doesn't work, omitting the fact they're deliberately undermining efforts to curb crime through proven means by knowingly arming murderers.

That $130 throwaway costs $2k in London, Ontario, and £2k in London, England.
Meanwhile in England silencers are perfectly accepted in legal because silencers are common sense tools and they have common sense gun control.
>>
>>32763130
imagine youre this guy at shot show
>every 3-5min some little shithead youtuber comes up
>you have to repeat the same shit over and over and over all day
>they all ask the same questions
>they all have the same skeptic snarky remarks and facial expresions
>YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN LIVED 100,000 TIMES FUCKING KYS
>>
>>32763414
The life of a product rep. They knew what they were getting into.
>>
>>32763386
>>32763364
>The US
Whose to say what the US calls things?

That's right, the experts who write the US English dictionary. The Ary of American diction.

Every respected US dictionary published in the last 5 years defines assault rifle as "assault rifle: 1. what you said; 2. the semi auto civilian version of what you said"
>>
>>32763400
>no questions asked

Got any evidence there, friendo?
Or am I just supposed to take your word for it.
>>
>>32760655
>I have no idea how hearing works
FTFY
>>
File: 4664.png (1MB, 1075x716px) Image search: [Google]
4664.png
1MB, 1075x716px
>impulse sounds above 140 db suddenly doesn't hurt your eyes

Haha take that ear protection manufacturer kikes!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Jaime Jorge Zapata.jpg (244KB, 1484x965px) Image search: [Google]
Jaime Jorge Zapata.jpg
244KB, 1484x965px
>>32763461

>Ballistic testing of spent shell casings and the raising of an obliterated serial number revealed the weapon was a popular Romanian-made AK-47 knockoff purchased at J&J’s Pawn Shop in Beaumont, smuggled south to the Zetas by a methamphetamine trafficker named Manuel Gomez Barba, a U.S. citizen.

Only some forensic evidence and a man killed serving his country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/armored-suv-could-not-protect-us-agents-in-mexico/2012/02/13/gIQACv1KFR_story.html?utm_term=.fb1ae5c6d265
>>
>>32761678
Troops to teachers, because public schools are so bad we need vets to handle the future inmates during their indoctrination.
>>
>>32763487
>giving children sub machine guns
You people are on the same level as Arabs.

Enduring Resolve is hitting the wrong desert.
Dallas and Fort Worth could use a couple air force love taps. Or a couple hundred.
>>
>>32761983
I assume a semi-auto cycling might be loud enough, especially with all the gas coming out the action.
>>
>>32761983
Not him but racking a semi rifles bolt the way you are supposed to (I.e with gusto and not riding it into battery) can get to around 100 db
>>
>>32763130
Well that's pretty neat-o
>>
File: 5.jpg (680KB, 1267x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
680KB, 1267x1600px
>>32763534
>Same level as Arabs

Don't worry yuroshitter you will BE Arab soon enough
>>
>>32763534
There's eight year olds that can shoot three gun with full auto scar16s and be competitive.
>>
File: oh wait, you're serious.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
oh wait, you're serious.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>32763452
>the people who write the dictionaries determine usage

OH SHIT IT'S A PRESCRIPTIVIST

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH
>>
>>32763345
>>32763400
>>32763534
We get it Johnny Mc Bong, you hate guns and everything related to guns. Stay in your shithole and stick to your brit only websites.
>>
File: IMG_2906.jpg (50KB, 595x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2906.jpg
50KB, 595x599px
From the standpoint of someone who owns several stamps , i just ask for sanity to this broken system
I dont mind compling to a background check , fingerprints , and a photo, and MAYBE a ONE TIME fee of $200 .
Just issue me a license for 5 yrs and have it where i can buy it at the store after ive been cleared
There is no reason i should wait 6 months and pay $200 every fucking time
>>
File: 1.jpg (488KB, 1600x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
488KB, 1600x1103px
>>32763587
>I don't mind my rights being a privilege

Fudd
>>
>>32763497

Did you forget this part?

A congressional inquiry is underway to determine whether the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives allowed the weapon to “walk” across the border, just as the agency lost track of thousands of other firearms that were smuggled to Mexico through the disgraced operation known as Fast and Furious.
>>
>>32763564
No, they track the usage.

And I may be a prescriptivist, but that has nothing to do with this. The Cambridge dictionary doesn't even have a definition of assault rifle.

Know what does? Every American English dictionary. American English may be inherently wrong, but if you're going to use it, you can at least use it right.
>>
More leftist agitprop to make leftists feel good. News at 11:00.
>>
>>32763452
>Every respected US dictionary published in the last 5 years defines assault rifle as "assault rifle: 1. what you said; 2. the semi auto civilian version of what you said"

>No, they track the usage.

And usage can be wrong. This is why words like "irregardless" exist. This is why people "dethaw" a chicken when they want to warm it up.
Just because Californians call AR15s assault rifles does not make them assault rifles.
>>
>>32763664
The ATF is a federal organization.

Maybe Texas should take some god damn responsibility and behave like adults instead of acting like a bunch of Allah Worshiping cousin fucking savages from Mesopotamia the scumbags who run J&J Pawn shop wouldn't be able to sell shitty Romanian AKs to drug traffikers with literal impunity.

Why can't Texans get off their fat asses and at least TRY and act like they're any different from Beoing 757 hijacking oil niggers.
>>
>>32763724
Do you actually know what you're talking about? Do you know what Operation Fast and Furious is?
>>
>>32763713
>And usage can be wrong
This is why words like "Armored", "Aluminum", and "caveet" (caveat) exist.

>Just because Californians call AR15s assault rifles does not make them assault rifles.
30 million people live in California. You could have 10 000 unique perfectly legitimate languages in a population that size. More than enough to create a definition for a word.
Besides it's not just them.

>>32763740
>Do you know what Operation Fast and Furious is?
Yes it's a "drop in the bucket". 100 000 American guns go South each year. F&F was 10 000 guns 1 year.
>>
>>32763779
>100 000 American guns go South each year
Sauce.
>>
>>32763800
Jesus Christ, use google you ignorant fuck.
If you can figure out this anachronistic site you can figure out google.

>The figure, based on data from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, represents about 70 percent of the 104,850 firearms seized by Mexican authorities that were also submitted to U.S. authorities for tracing.
>"Most of the firearms seized in Mexico that were traced and found to be of U.S. origin from 2009 to 2014 came from U.S. Southwest border states," the GAO report says. "While guns seized in Mexico of U.S. origin were traced to all of the 50 states, most came from Texas, California, and Arizona."
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/12/462781469/in-mexico-tens-of-thousands-of-illegal-guns-come-from-the-u-s

Sorry, I actually pulled that number out of my ass.
It's actually 700 000 a year.
>2000 Illegal Weapons Cross US-Mexico Border Per Day: Report
>According to a recent report (pdf) on arms trafficking by Mexico's governmental research service, known as the CESOP, an estimated 2,000 weapons illegally enter Mexico from the United States every day. The report says 85 percent of the approximately 15 million weapons that were in circulation in Mexico in 2012 were illegal.
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/2000-illegal-weapons-cross-us-mexico-border-every-day
>>
>>32763845
Build the wall
>>
>>32763865
He did say Mexicans were going to pay for it.

I should call my MP, I wonder how effective a partial wall along the 49th paralel would be.

Better yet just start tracing guns to dealers and send JTF2 to kill their ass, targeted like, Shin Bet style.
>>
>>32763779

In >>32763400 it is stated:

>$130 throw away
>These are the real issue.
>J&J Pawns shop in Texas sells twenty of these to Carlos Gonzalez no questions asked, who immediately crosses into California and hands them out to his gang "Minoritay Defencia".
>Texans then claim gun control doesn't work, omitting the fact they're deliberately undermining efforts to curb crime through proven means by knowingly arming murderers.

Then someone asks for evidence about:

>no questions asked

And then this is posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/armored-suv-could-not-protect-us-agents-in-mexico/2012/02/13/gIQACv1KFR_story.html?utm_term=.fb1ae5c6d265

Where it says this:

>A congressional inquiry is underway to determine whether the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives allowed the weapon to “walk” across the border, just as the agency lost track of thousands of other firearms that were smuggled to Mexico through the disgraced operation known as Fast and Furious.

But apparently it should be assumed that it is actually ALL of Texas' fault:

>Maybe Texas should take some god damn responsibility and behave like adults instead of acting like a bunch of Allah Worshiping cousin fucking savages from Mesopotamia the scumbags who run J&J Pawn shop wouldn't be able to sell shitty Romanian AKs to drug traffikers with literal impunity.

>Why can't Texans get off their fat asses and at least TRY and act like they're any different from Beoing 757 hijacking oil niggers.
>>
>>32760682
.22 Short through a big silencer with rubber wipes
>>
suppressors are just built in hearing protection, it's not going to increase unsolved murders/assassinations
>>
>>32763544
120-130 is pretty common for ARs when slamming the bolt.
>>
>>32763950
Well it's not like the average crook is going to know how suppressors REALLY work, so they'll still make a loud-ass bang with a pistol or rifle and the gunshot would be heard just the same.

There could be the odd murder with a Nagant but it's not like it's difficult to make a suppressor if you're determined, you're expecting to not get caught, so it's not like it couldn't have happened before just the same.
>>
>>32763910
>But apparently it should be assumed that it is actually ALL of Texas' fault:

Well lets see:
>The ATF is a federal organization that has to deal with entire country
>Texas has its own government that only has to handle Texas
and don't forget
>Texas state government shits on supreme court authority constantly
>When they're not shitting directly on constitutional rights

"The Supreme Court of the United States is the highest federal court of the United States. Established pursuant to Article III of the United States Constitution in 1789, it has ultimate (and largely discretionary) appellate jurisdiction over all federal courts and over state court cases involving issues of federal law,"

Violations of constitution or constitutional authority by Texas state government, past 2 years:
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07/20/appeals-court-rules-texas-voter-id/
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-center-for-choice/texas-abortion-laws

Texans are about as capable of democracy as Iraqis.

Like Iraqis, they needed democracy imposed on them by the United States army.

Like Iraqis, they claim to be loyal to their country, but act the exact opposite.
>>
File: 5.jpg (23KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
23KB, 600x487px
>>32763130
OSS suppressors are a bit of a joke in the industry.

They are heavier and significantly louder than established designs. The only thing they offer is less backpressure and longer firing schedules, both of which can be accomplished by overboreing your average baffle suppressor.

Don't fall for it. Also, their price point is ridiculous.
>>
>>32764123
Your entire post is absolute drivel. You've literally put words totally detached from anything previously stated into the text field, solved the captcha, and then hit the post button. I may as well be reading lorem ipsum filler text at this point.
>>
>>32763130
>woman in background
>doesnt even look at supressor
>scowls at weapon weight
>>
>>32761521

Welrod was a bolt action, .32 acp pistol with a ported barrel and an integral suppressor. The three rubber wipes inside the suppressor were not pre-punched, but we're solid. The baffles were unimpressive, but they did their job.

It's reasonable that a completely enclosed .32, on the first few shots before the wipes started to fall apart, could approach the claims.
>>
>>32762067

The "Ice Man" claims in his autobiography that one of his favourite weapons was (illegally) integrally suppressed 10/22s.
>>
>>32764205

Alright you fucking mong I'll do it up simple for you

>A congressional inquiry is underway to determine whether the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives allowed the weapon to “walk” across the border, just as the agency lost track of thousands of other firearms that were smuggled to Mexico through the disgraced operation known as Fast and Furious.

The ATF is a federal agency.
They keep track of firearms on behalf of the federal government.
Congress helps run the federal government.

Texas has its own government.
They can track firearms solid in Texas.
They do not.

Everyone knows guns flow from Texas
These guns are used to commit murders all over North America
Many state governments track or control guns
Texas is not one of them.

The federal government tracks guns through the ATF
When guns go bad places they ask the ATF why
The federal government does not ask Texas
They frequently tell the federal government to go fuck themselves.

No one expects Texas to track guns
Why does no one expect Texas to track guns
It is because Texans are on the same level as Iraqis or Saudis.

I posted evidence that Texan guns were being used to murder people.
I posted evidence that the Texan government, who act on behalf of the Texan people, do not respect the United States, or the constitution.
I expected you to figure out that the Texan government has a responsibility to track these guns.
I expected you to figure out no one expects Texas to fulfill it's moral or legal responsibilities as Americans.
>>
>>32760682
I remember seeing someone posting a kgb gun or something that shot projectiles that were like 600fps at the muzzle that was pretty quiet
>>
>>32764529

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSS_silent_pistol

Neat concept
>>
>>32761521
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welrod
>The Welrod is an extremely quiet gun, being only 73db when fired.

The Welrod Pistol was, It was designed for utter silence in ww2

It has a perforated barrel inside a silencing chamber, the individual baffles in the barrel have rubber seals that are pushed open by the round then close behind it.
There is not an open action so the volume of the Primer is muffled
>>
>>32764492
You do know the atf is the ones doing the Texan background checks and saying these people are ok to have guns.
>>
>>32764492
you're a dumb faggot, and here's why:

guns are made in lots of places in the united states,not just texas. If your post was remotely true, texas would have the most violent crime, because everything is coming from there. It is not, even California (STRICT gun laws) has higher murder rates.

texas doesn't allow the feds to shit all over everyone because they're awesome.

>muh murders

get out
>>
>>32764492
Your evidence for saying that Texas does not respect the fed gov't and constitution is laughable. They're just a report of Texas going through a federal appeals process and an autistic screed about abortion rights from the planned parenthood website.
>>
>>32760701
Yeah thats the dream. PDW's for all!
>>
>>32760507
please wait a year or two before regulating them.

The news here in Norway if you deregulate them will be all: "Trump removes the last ounce of gun control in America", then finally, a few days later: "this silly new silencer deregulation in the US is something we've had all the time here, so let's remove them, we don't want to be like those racist americans do we?"

Just wait a while. I don't want the gun grabbers to gain any more ground here.
>>
>>32764492
If the weapon was purchased with no-questions-asked during the course of the ATF operation, then the onus lies SOLELY on the shoulders of the ATF, not Texas. If the weapon was purchased no-questions-asked outside of the operation, then the onus lies upon the shoulders of the pawn shop, not Texas. That said, the weapon WAS NOT purchased illegally, as in, no-questions-asked, it was purchased by a straw-purchaser who was KNOWN BY THE ATF TO BE A STRAW PURCHASER AND WAS UNDER SURVEILLANCE BY THE ATF. It was then given to criminals and Zapata was shot in Mexico.

You don't know shit from fuck and you should probably just admit that you have an irrational hatred for Texas and fuck off.
>>
>>32764707
>Your evidence for saying that Texas does not respect the fed gov't and constitution is laughable.

"Confederate Heroes Day"
The other Southern states call it "Confederate Memorial Day"

They call men who killed hundreds of thousands of US army soldiers
They call traitors who betrayed the United States
They call men who waged war against the 26th amendment
they call them heroes. and they honour these heroes every year.

We can debate legislation and policy all day.
But seriously,
What world do you live in that they respect the federal government?
>>
>>32760507
The biggest fallacy in all of this is that criminals are usually anything but Tyrone in the hood. Tyrone in the hood can't get a fucking FNX with a tactical barrel attachment. He gets a high point from Daquane.

Also, it ignores the biggest reason for handgun use; concealment. A suppressor being attached to the end of the gun means it is much harder to conceal.
>>
>>32764492
Even if that were true. And its not.

>allofthem.jpg

go be a faggot somewhere else /pol/
>>
>>32764831
I sure hope you're not >>32764492
>>
>>32764810
>you should probably just admit that you have an irrational hatred for Texas
I don't hate Texas.
Texas is just the leader. The foremost offender.
The wealthiest, most populous, most biggest offender.
The worst of the bunch.

Everything I've said applies also to other places.

But the worst is Texas.

If they took some responsibility for what's going on around them
which they're supposed to if they have American values
which they're supposed to if they have Christian values
things would be a lot better.
>>
>>32764831
>They call traitors who betrayed the United States

Self-determination is a thing, and if you hate the South you should want it separate. The US would have been better off if enemies didn't share dirt.

Squabble Between the States confirmed for a war which benefited near zero Caucasian participants on either side.
>>
>>32764929
But you still don't know anything. You've made grand claims about things you don't understand at all just to denigrate a state full of people who neither care about you, nor know about you (most likely).
>>
>>32764937
>Self-determination
Maybe
Maybe that would be a legitimate argument if the war was about that
but it wasn't
it was about slavery
and slavery denies self-determination

your right to self determination does not include the right to deprive another man of his

>>32764985
>You've made grand claims
Hardly. My claims have been very grounded, just blunt

>about things you don't understand at all
lol

>just to denigrate a state full of people who neither care about you, nor know about you
Are you defending these people or attacking them?
You just called them ignorant and uncaring.
>>
>>32760507
As someone who lives with
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
fuck every one of the cucks who are trying to torpedo this
fuck them with a rusty chainsaw
>>
File: 1410230541747.jpg (20KB, 237x229px) Image search: [Google]
1410230541747.jpg
20KB, 237x229px
>>32761731
>mfw my music is over 85db right now
>mfw I've been listening to it like this for almost 10 years
>mfw I meet the Golden Ear standard
>>
>>32764831
Good job shifting the goalposts. The respect for the fed gov't is confirmed because they follow its laws and regulations. The article you linked even proves that, they are going through an appeals process. They can recognize whatever holiday they want, regardless of whether you think it is "respectful" of the federal government.
>>
>>32765027
Do you even like guns? Also:

>>32764492
>Everyone knows guns flow from Texas
>These guns are used to commit murders all over North America

Proofs
>>
>>32764492
hey take that dick out of your ass before you yap at me about 'morals' you nu-male faggot.
Texas, nor ANY other state have a 'responsibility' to track anything. Stay in your shitty Police state and enjoy being tracked.
You might as well have a chip in your head cuck because there's plenty of room.
>>
>>32760507
>WaPo
It's like an emergency blinking warning sign for you commie fucks
>>
>>32761983
Drop the bolt on an AR15 after locking it back. Don't ride the charging handle, just press the release button.

It is fucking loud. The sound of metal smashing into metal is loud. The only reason why it's quiet at the range is because relative to gunshots it's a quiet noise.
>>
File: T37y3.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
T37y3.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
>>32763558
>thank you for talking me shooting today daddy! ;_;
>>
>>32765027
None of your claims are grounded at all; I've already explained why. And you indeed DO NOT understand what you're talking about; I've already explained why.

>Are you defending these people or attacking them?
>You just called them ignorant and uncaring.

Okay, now I know you're some shitposting commonwealth asshole.
>>
>>32765230
Dude, just go knockup some bitch if you want kids. Literal 2/10 trailerpark retards that can barely figure out how to spell their own names and have about as much game as a PS3 can do it.
>>
>>32765027
>your right to self determination does not include the right to deprive another man of his
You obviously don't know much of the mechanics of liberty. Read some Isaiah Berlin and come back when you have educated yourself.
>it was about slavery
Classic. Cause there sure wasn't anything else going on besides slavery, no sir.
>My claims have been very grounded
As said before, autistic screeds from Planned Parenthood and the ATF gunwalking scandal are not enough evidence to convict Texas, which you do seem to have an irrational hatred of.
>You just called them ignorant and uncaring.
This is some of the most contrived twisting of words and meaning I have ever seen. Just because the residents of the State of Texas are not aware every time a booty-blasted fag master like you insults them on a Tibetan cardboard folding form does not make them ignorant.
>>
>>32765086
>Do you even like guns?
Yes
But I don't pretend they're not dangerous

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people".
Yeah, with guns.
Guns are a lot easier than knives.

"Never bring a knife to a gun fight" - why?
What does this idiom mean?
Guns are more dangerous than knives.

If you're a responsible person, you keep a baby away from bleach.
If you're irresponsible, you try and save the baby that just drank bleach.
If you're fucking insane, you give a baby a bottle of bleach.

If you're a responsible person, you keep a narco away from a Romanian AK.
If you're irresponsible, you try and kill a narco with a Romanian AK after he does the damage.
If you're fucking insane, you fuck over your neighbours by giving a narco a Romanian AK.
>>
>>32763666
Nigga, the dictionaries also say that literally means "in effect, virtually"

Trust the people who actually invented the things. The Germans didn't call their magazine fed semiautomatics assault rifles.

The Germans called their magazine fed, fully automatic, intermediate cartridge rifles assault rifles.
>>
>>32765272
>does not make them ignorant.
No, the inability to identify the US on the map of the world does that.
>>
>>32765280
>If you're a responsible person, you keep a narco away from a Romanian AK.
>If you're irresponsible, you try and kill a narco with a Romanian AK after he does the damage.
>If you're fucking insane, you fuck over your neighbours by giving a narco a Romanian AK.

And that was the ATF that directed the shops to do that in Fast & Furious.
>>
File: rolf_suit.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rolf_suit.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>32765280
>If you're fucking insane, you fuck over your neighbours by giving a narco a Romanian AK.
So we're in agreement, the ATF fucked up and Texas is not at fault at all. Glad we could sort this out!
>>
File: 1368654949325.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1368654949325.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>32765317
>mad
>>
>>32765323
Children and the infirm are not responsible for the consequences of their actions.

>>32765321
Fast and Furious was 2 000 guns 7 years ago

2 000 guns crossed the border today.
>>
>>32765367
>2 000 guns crossed the border today.
On whose word?
>>
File: 1471830384730.jpg (85KB, 736x498px) Image search: [Google]
1471830384730.jpg
85KB, 736x498px
>>32765367
>people with 20 billion dollars a year in drug revenue
>people who are also expert smugglers
>implying they need the US for guns
>implying the US isn't one source among money
>implying wikileaks didn't reveal that most Mexican crime guns came from all the guns that got pumped into Guatemala during the Central American Crisis
>implying they couldn't buy guns directly off of the military and police with the amount of plata and plomo they have going around

Tee bee aytch, the people who resort to the "stupid American" stereotype are nearly always intellectually lazy and ignorant of world affairs.
>>
>>32765367
>2 000 guns crossed the border today.
And how many of those were due to ATF incompetence? If you buy a gun in the US, you have to go through a background check run by the feds, not by Texas or any other state. You're also putting too high of a bar on the state law enforcement agencies, ascribing failure to stop crime as willful amoral behavior.
tl;dr you have an irrational hatred of Texas and are also an assblasted mad-fag.
>>
>>32765404
even if the Mexicans get their guns from other non-American sources, which they don't, guns from New Mexico and Texas still flow to California and other high crime areas.

>>32765385
depends who you ask
but 500 guns a day is about the lowest reasonable estimate

>>32765461
Why do gangster guns in California come from Texas?
Because of state laws in California.

If California can stop criminals from buying gun at the store, why can't we expect Texas to do the same?
>>
>>32760507
I bet he's also a "loud pipes save lives" kind of faggot

Hearing your Harley from 6 miles away in the middle of the night just makes me hate you
>>
>>32765501
>which they don't

Nice specious assertion, friend.

Both the US and USSR spent the Cold War pumping firearms into Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Honduras.

You may recognize these as countries the Mexicans already get their cocaine and heroin shipments from, countries with violent crime rates that make Mexico look like Switzerland.

Besides that, the Mexican military and police get shit pay and no real oversight. A third world quartermaster and a suitcase full of money works just about everywhere.

Next you'll be telling me IS has been using WASR-10s they picked up at a Pasadena Walmart.
>>
>>32765501
Look Barry, I know the feeling of freedom that comes with unemployment, but there must be something you can do with your time other than shitpost on 4chan. I did it myself for a few days when I got laid off. But then I had to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get another job. Now, this shouldn't be too hard for you given your work experience prior to the presidency, right?
>>
File: Delivery for Kunta Kinte.jpg (65KB, 550x720px) Image search: [Google]
Delivery for Kunta Kinte.jpg
65KB, 550x720px
>>32763363
Nawlins is a scary place, especially Baton Rouge.

Pic related.

>Baton Rouge Police have arrested a 15-year-old teen for allegedly attacking a US Postal worker with a group of other teens in Baton Rouge. Investigators said the attack took place in the 6000 block of Linden. A group of teens stepped in front of the USPS vehicle and blocked it from moving. They then attacked the postal worker and began punching him. One of the boys stole the man’s phone and ran off.
>>
>>32764831
I just want to tell you this post is really dumb
>>
>>32760507
The CDC actually says it is!

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/01/24/cdc-study-use-suppressors-to-reduce-noise-exposure/

SUCK IT LIBERALS.
>>
>>32760720
An ATF honeypot
>>
>>32765661
I don't know if you know this, but Baton Rouge is a completely different city than New Orleans. Baton Rouge is the capital of Louisiana, New Orleans is the biggest city.

But yeah, I lived in New Orleans when I was a little kid.

At the time, there was an active serial killer strangling college students and people were spraying kill markers onto abandoned buildings for every new body that turned up.

Good times.
>>
>>32765707
Wow I'm a retard, just looked at a map. I'm trapped behind enemy lines in Toronto and thought BR and NO were much closer than they are. Sounds spooky, I can only imagine the paranoia college girls must have had walking home etc then.
>>
>>32765762
My cousin was going to school in Baton Rouge at the time.

It was the one and only reason that my aunt approved of her going to LSU. Huge party school, not great on academics.

But yeah, New Orleans is one of my favorite places on earth, but it's pretty third world.

One time my aunt got my car stolen, and the police found it filled with bullet holes and blood. Apparently one of the gangs hotwired it so they could use it for a drive by, and the other guys returned fire.
>>
>>32760682
60 grain .22lr sub sonic supposed to be briddy quiet. Never heard it IRL though.
>>
File: 1481506316111.jpg (26KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1481506316111.jpg
26KB, 500x357px
>>32763452
Bait or Autism: You be the judge.
>>
>>32764492
Oh no brown people are killing more brown people :,(

Cry me a river you eurofaggit. Guns are regulated through the federal government. It's their job to stop someone who isn't legally suppose to have one from having one. I bet you don't even know what a 4473 or NICs is. I honestly hope there's a massive in plague in Europe and it wipes out everyone so we can start over.
>>
>>32764831
R u actually this autistic? Do the protestants and catholics still kill each other in the UK over Cromwell? Does 1 side have to feel like shit? Stop trying to denigrate southern culture and history. They have every right to be proud of it and you have no right to try and shame them. You identity politics virtue shaming bastards on the West and East coast really need to STFU and go away before god Tsuanmi's you once and for all.
>>
>>32766250
>Do the protestants and catholics still kill each other in the UK
no, they do it in ireland instead, so that nothing of value is lost
>>
>>32766280
This isn't 1972 though.
>>
>>32760682
I've seen video of the PB1 (the Mak w/ integrated suppressor) that's quiet enough you can hear the slide knock back and go back into battery, but the shot is still pretty loud. Basically just turns a "boom" into a "crack".
>>
>>32763506
This.

Public compulsory secondary education is intended, first and foremost, to keep the little shits off the streets until they can be tried as adults.

Why else would truancy laws be a thing?
>>
>>32760507
>chair of political science
obviously a seasoned expert on guns
>>
>>32765280
>goes on /k/ to shill anti-gun bs
Kill yourself
>>
>>32760720
>These acoustic silencers are used primarily on the ABM, AL and AM multi stage generators as shown on the previous pages. These silencers can be used on other similar type equipment to offer significant sound reduction particularly in environments where personnel are present.
>>
>>32760507
>MFW the guy who thinks gun production should be stopped so eventually they'll just disappear and no more crimes will happen with them says that he doesn't understand why silencers were ever regulated
I have a feeling this is gonna pass
>>
File: AR works like a boss2.jpg (134KB, 1266x711px) Image search: [Google]
AR works like a boss2.jpg
134KB, 1266x711px
>>32760507
I only emailed my congressmen about the HPA.

Should I call them tomorrow?
>>
>>32760507
its interesting he doesn't note the numerous people who legally shot someone in defense in their own homes, and then were shot or killed by responding police because the homeowner couldn't hear police commands to "drop the weapon!"
>>
>>32760682
No, simply because the bullet impacting a target makes a loud noise as well.
>>
File: 135961.jpg (110KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
135961.jpg
110KB, 880x660px
>>32765859
This stuff? I shot it out of my Henry, it's fucking fun. The noise is pretty quiet (I was shooting with earpro because I was at a range) and the rounds keyholed pretty badly. But they were fun, sadly it seems like the product is discontinued.
>>
>>32765661
>"teens"
i.e.. dindus
>>
>>32763269
>marginally acceptable dB reduction

OSS suppressors reduce noise at the shooters ear more than traditional baffle suppressors.
>>
>>32761780
Thats actually not true. Certain public school systems are in decline(urban), others are stable or performing better than past years
>>
>>32767564
That's only true if you severely overgas the rifle with the baffle suppressor so that it's extracting way, way to early. Just like in the MAC video (where the gun was so overgassed that it failed after the first round because the bolt outran the magazine) and other biased "tests" that are really just advertisements. It fools anyone who doesn't really know what's going on. With a properly adjusted gas system, a decent baffle design will perform better both at the ear and 1m from the muzzle.
>>
>>32764831
Do us all a favor, buddy. Pic definitely related.
>>
>>32767905
Baffle suppressors always overgas a AR.
>>
>>32764831
>They call men who waged war against the 26th amendment
>they call them heroes
They didn't want people of the age of 18 to be able to vote? How fucking dumb are you? Fuck off bong, your country is a shit hole.
>>
>>32768004
Unless you get a gas block, or receiver, or bolt carrier group that have a suppressor setting. All of which are cheaper options and stop early extraction.
>>
>>32765042
This honestly. People in general are very ignorant about hearing damage and even more so with guns. Partially because things like silencers are so taboo.

I grew up shooting without ear pro because I didn't know any better. I'm getting a suppressor for my daughters .22 whether or not the HPA passes.
>>
File: XM177 Moderator - Core.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XM177 Moderator - Core.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
>>32768044
presumably the effect of the XM177 sound moderator was relatively minor then?
>>
File: xm177_moderator.jpg (64KB, 1849x849px) Image search: [Google]
xm177_moderator.jpg
64KB, 1849x849px
>>32768100
>>
>>32768056
>I grew up shooting without ear pro because I didn't know any better

Damn, dude. The pain and ear ringing did not make you suspicious?
>>
>>32766917
physical letter imo
>>
>>32767839
It's almost like determining school funding almost solely on local tax base is a great way to create a shitty school system.
>>
>>32761731
>>32761932
>>32765045
The OSHA standard for allowable exposure before damage is 8 hours @ 85dB. For every doubling of sound intensity (every +3dB over, because logarithmic scale) the allowed exposure is halved. So for 88dB it's 4 hours, 91 @ 2 hours. By the time you get to 120s or 130s it's into the fractions of a second. Assuming the time length of the pressure wave stays under that time, generally it's "hearing safe". However, one must also account for echos of the gunshot, like off walls in a house, because they can lengthen the perceived time of the pressure wave, causing damage at levels that would be " safe" under different conditions.
>>
>>32760682
How loud is the DeLisle? On youtube videos (which are misleading, of course, because microphones don't pick up most of the sound), they seem quiet enough.
>>
>>32768044
>proprietary parts
>cheaper
>>
>>32768354
It's cheaper than buying a snake oil suppressor to correct the problem, dullard.
>>
>>32760507
> in my country there is problem
> and the problem is the jew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo
>>
>>32769557
>Reminder that Sascha Baron Cohen is Jewish
>The "Khazakstani" in the movie is Yiddish and completely different from subtitles
>And a master troll at getting people to reveal their true selves
>>
>>32763452
the incorrect usage of the word literally is literally in the dictionary
>>
>>32761731
yes and this reduction brings it into safe levels when ear plugs are used
>>
>>32764492

If everyone knows that guns flow from Texas, and that Texas doesn't track or control guns, why would the ATF run guns through Texas and try and track them if they knew they wouldn't be able to track them?
>>
>>32768354
adjustable gas block is like $100 dude
>>
>>32769886
I'm assuming because they're not very competent.
>>
Bong here.

Interesting that while we have people that froth and the mouth the moment you mention owning an O&U 12ga we have completely deregulated suppressors that don't even require ID.

Was it hollywood that makes clapper liberals think they'll roll into your home at night and silence your baby to death while it sleeps do you think?
>>
>>32770644
Yes, Hollywood is fucking cancer, but libtards are cancer too.

They know every advance on gun rights is bad for them so they will fight tooth and nail to suppress it, unless it's smart gun.
>>
>>32760682
I really wanna try a DeLisle carbine.
Supposedly silent from more than 50 yards away, but maybe not quite hollywood quiet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUALdGog4U
>>
>>32761983
Racking an ak bolt gas given me eeee before, fucker is loud
>>
>>32765575
Fucking this the day Texas starts pumping out M16a1s in the numbers the zetas are rocking I am road tripping for some lone star freedom
>>
File: 1280px-ПСС_(пистолет).jpg (423KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-ПСС_(пистолет).jpg
423KB, 1280x853px
>>32761521
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSS_silent_pistol

No consumer gun is that silent, but plenty of super secret squirrel guns, with retarded handicaps are that quiet.
The given example wouldn't even need a tax stamp.
>>
>>32769886
Texas doesn't use the NICS?
>>
>>32771539
We do.
>>
>>32760507

I heard about a subdivision that was developed just up the street from an outdoor shooting range. Now the people there complain about the noise!
I bet they wouldn't be opposed to making suppressors more accessible.
>>
>>32771671
This makes my shekels jingle.
>>
File: 1388076373767.png (122KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1388076373767.png
122KB, 625x626px
>>32764831
>>32764492
>>32765027
>>32765280
>>
>>32763724
>texans
>allah worshipping
What in tarnation did you just spew about me you little rectangle?
>>
>>32764831
They might not agree with the war, but it was still a damn war, with heroes.
>>
File: 1469226823317.jpg (46KB, 606x606px) Image search: [Google]
1469226823317.jpg
46KB, 606x606px
>>32765280
Oh nice analogy, they make such accurate comparisons 100% of the time.

Using a fucking analogy is enough to make me disregard your opinion on the matter entirely you fucking fraud.
>>
File: too hwhite eh jarjar.png (568KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
too hwhite eh jarjar.png
568KB, 1024x776px
>>32765367
oyyy veyyy goy!

you betta registah those firearms!

Don't you have another movie to fuck up, or something?
>>
File: 1483060888893.jpg (165KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1483060888893.jpg
165KB, 750x1125px
>>32765280
Just so we're clear though, what kind of tracking are you referring to?

S/N registry?
Ballistics database like that one that cost billions and was never used?
>>
Most of the guns recovered after crimes in Chicago come from two shops in Indiana.
>>
>>32772222

how can there be guns in chicago? its a gun-free zone!
>>
>>32763269
>ugly
Are you motherfucking Ray Charles? On modern guns those things look fucking sexy as hell.
>>
There's always OSS' Helical supressors that don't need a special gas block.
>>
>>32773229
>mall ninja detected
gecko45 plz go and stay go
>>
>>32763400
>britbongistan
>common sense gun laws

What's "common sense" about self defense being more or less blanket illegal and needing a licence to own butter knives?
>>
>>32764298
>It's reasonable that a completely enclosed .32, on the first few shots before the wipes started to fall apart, could approach the claims.
>>32764583
>citing results using a decibel meter not designed for measuring impulse noises
There are no suppressed guns that are quieter than 100 decibels, and even at 100 decibels you should be questioning the results. If such a thing was possible then there would be a company making a modern suppressor based on the design of the Welrod. Basically, if there's a design which has been known about for a long time and is no longer protected by patents that supposedly does its job better than any modern design, but no one seems to have adapted that design, then that design more than likely doesn't perform as well as it's claimed to. If the Welrod's suppressor performed even half as well as it is claimed to have then there would be a market for it, even when considering the limitations of wipes. Same goes for the De Lisle carbine.

>>32771474
Wrong. Here's some actual testing of the PSS:
http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=307
>In order, the individual shots of the 5-round string were measured at: 125.0, 124.5, 124.5, 123.8, and 125.0 dB. The overall average was 124.6 dB. First round “pop” is defined as to how much louder the first round measures compared to the average of the remaining rounds. While it was calculated, these are individual silenced cartridges, and the meaning of first round “pop” in this instance is not germane. The standard deviation was 0.44, indicating excellent shot-to-shot consistency.
I don't feel like spending all day trying to find the testing, but http://www.dtic.mil/ has info about the US testing something similar based on a .30-06 case, including tests with a suppressor with and without wipes (to slow down the air being pushed out in front of the bullet), and they still weren't able to get below 109 decibels. Making guns Hollywood quite with current technology is not physically possible.
>>
>>32773961
>.32acp noise vs .30-06

just what the fuck are you on
>>
>>32768193
Its made worse by the fact that the ones in decline are stuck in a loop of failure because funding is based on performance, so as one slips, the other has to go down as well. Its a catch 22.
>>
File: PZA ammo.jpg (82KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
PZA ammo.jpg
82KB, 1024x782px
>>32774023
I that the US had a similar design to the Russian silent ammunition that was based on a .30-06 case (bullet weight and velocity were comparable to the Russian designs) in response to a poster who was talking about the Russian silent ammunition designs and one of the guns that use it. Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>32765292
I hate your argument because I agree with your premise but not your reasoning.

Language is ever evolving, and you need to understand that.
>>
>>32774061
sure anon. just remember not to swallow the spoon while eating your soup.
>>
>>32774083
If it's technical language, the people who actually use the device should be the people who name it.
>>
>>32774061
>I that the US
*I said that the US
>>
>>32774061
so the post pushes the bullet out and no explosion is heard outside ? How does the post not fly out and crush the casing sides
>>
>>32773683
shotguns and small rifles have always been legal for pest control yankie
you dont even need a license for pre ww1 items

of course Azzis hussain and Tyrone wouldnt be able to easily afford these things nor would a seller talk to them.
>>
File: sp-3 and sp-4.jpg (347KB, 1682x1208px) Image search: [Google]
sp-3 and sp-4.jpg
347KB, 1682x1208px
>>32774207
>How does the post not fly out and crush the casing sides
Look at the thickness of the front of the case and then consider that it's steel. Other designs like the SP-3 and SP-4 designs (pic related) rely on the front of the chamber instead of having an extremely thick case.
>>
If silencers are deregulated, wouldn't that theoretically mean that the prices for the silencers would also go down? I mean I know we'd no longer have to purchase a $200 stamp, but don't you think they'd be cheaper as a result?
>>
File: sp-3 ammunition 2.jpg (36KB, 880x429px) Image search: [Google]
sp-3 ammunition 2.jpg
36KB, 880x429px
>>32774207
>>32774258
Pic is the SP-3 ammunition after firing.
>>
>>32772139
Is that kat?
>>
>>32765707
What we're they spraying kill markers for
>>
>>32774334
One for every college student found dead.
>>
>>32774271
Would go up. More business. More people buying them = more demand = higher prices

plus the stamp status means people who already have them were ready to pay 200 plus the price of the can. Why not bump up the can prices another 200 if people are willing to pay for it
>>
>>32774271
Increasing demand could drive down prices, as they would not be competing for a market of "all gun owners" and not just "those willing to deal with the ATF's dog and pony show."
>>
>>32774541
Except there's the other market of people who didn't buy one because of the excessive unit price and stamp, so there's likely to be product diversification of high-end models and affordable high-volume mass production.
>>
>>32774271
Prices would drop to the level that they are in European countries where there is less regulation.
>>
>>32774334
every dead Democrat that the killer saved us from
>>
>>32774541

Nope, I disagree. Do some basic economic research.

Higher demand ONLY means higher price when supply stays the same.

If demand goes up, units produced/available goes up, and the profits also go up.

Profits per unit does not equal overall profits.

>>32774546
>>32774567

This is what I was thinking.
>>
Let's say the HPA passes and suppressors are deregulated immediately.

Will the prices remain the same, or will the drop off considerably? When I browse SilencerCo or AAC, I see cans that cost $1k-2k alone, before any NFA stuff. Is that really what it costs to machine out a tube of aluminum? Will cheaper alternatives pop up in the market?
>>
>>32768193
>base funding off of property tax
>shit areas of town have practically no funding
>nice areas have tons o funding
>Nobody with money is going to move to an area with a bad school district unless they're sending their kids to a private school
>Poor kids get a bad education even if they do well personally
>most don't do well personally because they have to deal with the shitty culture of their area and inattentive uninterested parents
>even if parents did care often can't afford to live in a good school district
>don't move out of shit neighborhood because no perceived opportunities, kids go through same shit

Politics either
>lazy fucks need to stop being poor
or
>school choice is a fascist plot to kill the poor and break up teachers unions
>>
>>32775727
They will drop hard. Look at places where suppressors are less regulated and the price there.
>>
>>32761292
Holy fucking no you retards, stop perpetuating the 70dB myth.

Welrod and delisle both clock in at the low 120dB range. The 70 number came from ancient sound measurement equipment that said an unsuppressed pistol was 110dB.
>>
>>32761780
False, areas with increasing black populations have been in decline, it's because of the black obviously though few will admit this. It's the same with crime. Crime rate varies in as of function of the square of black population in an area, education quality in public schools varies as a function inverse the square of the black population.

Black population in an area has a linear relationship to the welfare quotient which itself varies as function of the democratic leadership percentage, that is of course a derivative of the dependent black population or f(x)=b^x

We don't need to get into all the math here but rest assured, the math is sound and quite absolute. I did my doctoral dissertation for applied mathematics on this topic.
>>
>>32771474
A PSS doesn't need a tax stamp, but every round for it does.

That's right, under current rules, it's over $200/shot for an American civilian to fire this gun.
>>
>>32775816
What are supressor prices in places they are legal? Norway has legal suppressors, right?
>>
>>32760655
Put down the keyboard and go to bed.
>>
>>32776253
www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/dean-weingarten/new-zealand-silencers-cheap-and-unregulated/amp/
>>
>>32776203
What, why?
The rounds operate like captive bolts with a projectile.
>>
>>32776378
Yup. The rounds suppress themselves, therefore the rounds are all silencers.
>>
>>32768056

>People in general are very ignorant about hearing damage and even more so with guns.

No, they're very well aware of what they're doing by opposing the HPA. They WANT you to expose yourself to the dangers of hearing impairment and possible loss as a form of punishment for being a gun owner. Their answer to this whole fucking thing is, and I kid you not, stop shooting.

None of this shit has to do with assassins or whatever GUNSHOTS BEING LOUD IS A SAFETY FEATURE bullshit they come up with. If a contract killer wants a suppressor the ATF isn't going to stop him and if you're so fucking worried about people shooting other people why don't you address the root cause that is the slow decay of society which caused all of this to begin with.
>>
>>32760507
Guns aren't loud at a- EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32776464
They don't "suppress themselves".

They are the STANDARD and ONLY ammunition for the PSS.
In legalese, any part that limits, reduces or in any way muffles the report of a weapon is a silencer/suppressor.
Since the standard report of the firearm is quiet, then it is not being muffled.
>>
>>32770644
>>32770649
It's not Hollywood's fault. NFA is from 1934

"The impetus for the National Firearms Act of 1934 was the gangland crime of the Prohibition era, such as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre of 1929, and the attempted assassination of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933.Like the current National Firearms Act (NFA), the 1934 Act required NFA firearms to be registered and taxed. The $200 tax was quite prohibitive at the time (equivalent to $3,581 in 2016). With a few exceptions, the tax amount is unchanged."

They just want to disarm the poor.
>>
>>32771282
That thing is quieter than my old bb gun
>>
>>32777030
Nah, though. They contain the explosion that propels the bullet thus reducing the report and that's that.
>>
>>32764492
>makes a shitty wall of 'evidence' ad nauseum
>doesn't know what evidence is
>if i say it, it must be true
>>
>>32777027
LANA
>>
>>32760507
>>
>>32760507
are the mods allowing political discussions now? Yay
>>
>>32760507
Silencers should be banned. Anyone can kill anyone without anyone noticing.
>>
>>32776253
Like $300 for an good .223 can
>>
>>32777284
WHAT?!
>>
>>32775773
>school choice is fascist
That makes no sense whatsoever
>>
>>32777335
more like mocking someone who doesnt know anything about guns
>>
>>32774491
That's fucking creepy man
>>
I don't see why you autists think silencers need to be over the counter, gun loudness is not a health hazard just wear ear plugs. Only thing it'll do is make people think they're tactical and make it quieter for someone to commit a murder. If anyone thinks that they still need a silencer that bad, they can go through the process of getting a stamp and criminals won't waste their time. The system works great, the only thing I could see doing is speeding up the process of the stamp to make it easier on you bubbas.
>>
>>32777475
And here come the racists right on schedule.

Racism is banned on all boards besides /b/. Please re-read global rule #3.
>>
>>32777656
he says it pretty harsh, but it is true. the us without blacks would be a great place. sorry to break it to you blackie.
>>
>>32777506
>Gun loudness is not a health issue.
Try and find ONE doctor that would recommend being around operating machinery without ear protection - that's the exact same as being around firearms WITH hearing protection.

It's a major fucking health and well being issue,and there's a super simple, cheap and effective way to reduce that risk.

Opting for regulation of suppressors is like saying that machinists shouldn't wear safety glasses.
>>
>>32777670
but... it's not the same. one has hearing protection, one doesn't.
>>
>>32777492
>mocking politicians for the politics.
yep
>>
>>32763400
>$130 throwaway costs $2k in London

guess what faggot if i was in Columbia i bet the cocaine would be cheaper too
>>
>>32777487
It does to the libcucks who oppose it because it'll "be like school segregation all over again!" as if black kids can only learn when they're sitting next to white kids.
>>
>>32777705
The decibel level is the same dropkick.
If you can find a doctor saying that is okay, then you need to report him to the AMA.
>>
>>32777506
Daily reminder that this is modern /k/ right here.
>>
>>32763400
lmao hang yourself fag
>>
>>32763724
What part of California are you from faggot? I'd be pissed off too if I wasnt from Texas
>>
>>32777879
At least we can get decent BBQ here.

>Living in the one southern state that sucks at BBQ
>current year
>>
>>32777656
>facs b raycisss

You are either a negroid or brainwashed. These are the hard facts of reality. The death cult known as "liberalism" has tricked you. Look around, there is a reason every non white country is objectively terrible as is every area in any white country inhabited by non whites.

Your white guilt sickens me and is a plague on western society.
>>
>>32764492
holy fucking shit dude, kill yourself
>>
>>32763400
>i dont know anything about american gun laws or the bahavior of criminals: the post
You cant buy a gun from a gun shop if you cant pass a 4473, you cant pass a 4473 if youre not a citizen, you cant pass a 4473 if youre a felon, you cant buy a handgun in another state, you cant buy more than a few handguns at a time without getting a visit from the ATF, and criminals dont buy guns legally. You could not be more ignorant, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>32777776
>>37777777
>>
>>32775727
In the long run, they should drop considerably, but depending on consumer interest in the short run, the prices could go up initially if demand exceeds supply and producers are unable to immediately accommodate a hypothetical increase in demand for suppressors, which I believe is likely. That, or if producers decide that they would rather not raise their prices initially they'll probably take orders and just try to accommodate as best as they can while they try to increase production. Either way, I expect suppressor stock outs initially.
>>
>>32776190
>Implying it's not because blacks are more likely to have been concentrated into urban poverty zones
Your correlation has a bad causative linkage.
>>
>>32777487
Well, the thing to keep in mind is that the majority of private schools are religious, which means school choice/vouchers is effectively defunding legally mandated schools for uncontrolled, unregulated religious instruction.
>>
>>32777776
>Doesn't understand that de facto segregation is what's already going on by punishing children for living in poor areas
/pol/, everyone.
>>
File: doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>32776190
>I did my doctoral dissertation for applied mathematics on this topic
>>
>>32778468
I do though. It's why criticisms of school choice on the grounds of segregation fall flat because the areas where the schools are failing are largely poor and black, ergo the failing schools they go to are majority black already.
>>
>>32778530
>>32778468

Unless of course I missed the point of your criticism, in which case I'd ask that you clarify.
>>
>muh welrod
Amazing how Ian does a video on something, and a week later everyone on /k/ is an expert.
>>
File: 20120509013718-1503b601.jpg (112KB, 720x507px) Image search: [Google]
20120509013718-1503b601.jpg
112KB, 720x507px
As an ancom I fully support this legislation as it will result in the deaths of tons of blue-shirts in their pork-machines.
Please NRA, rev up that revolution :)

>>32763327
>>32763363
As a poor-cuck who lived in Houston ghetto's I heard gunshots on my street at least once or twice a week and had a bullet go in my house every few months at the very least.
Confirming the bit about no one calling the police. Unless you hear screaming and crying of a kid and gunshots, including slamming and barking, you won't even consider it.
You at best (if you respond at all) will close your curtains.

>>32763400
>That $130 throwaway
Confirming you can buy a gun for under $200 easily at a shop or from your local hoodrat.
Works and is a real gun too.
You definitely don't want to be caught with it though.
>>
>>32764831
Can you remind me what this has to do with noise suppressors?

inb4: butthurt Texan
>>
>>32760682
22 colibri
>>
>>32778923
Will you call your representative, ancom-san?
>>
>>32767076
>>32767076
Its still under there products list
https://www.aguilaammo.com/rimfire/#Specialtab
>>
>>32760507
A few ways to argue against clowns like this on social media:

1. A suppressor only quiets a full sized weapon from 160-170 decibels to 130-140. So still loud, but a bit hearing safer.

2. Gun control nirvana states like Britain and Sweden, despite having massive restrictions on firearm types, actually ENCOURAGE their gun owning citizens to utilize suppressors for hearing safety and to be less of a nuisance for neighbors.

3. Suppressors ADD to a guns overall length, actually making them less handy for shootings.

4. Gunshot detectors that are common in major cities can STILL detect gunshots.

5. Hundreds if not thousands of citizens a year use firearms in their home to defend themselves. Why should they suffer hearing loss?

6. The NFA waiting period for cans does NOT mean more security. NO more background checks or effort go into buying an NFA item than buying a handgun at Gander Mountain. The delay ONLY comes from the sheer backlog and inefficiency of the ATF.
>>
>>32774217
I'm not a yankie; i'm a Texan
>>
>>32774217
And yet you can become a felon for shooting someone threatening you in your home.

Your nation is cucked beyond words. KYS.
>>
>>32778968
>Will you call your representative
Being in Texas I don't think I need to, but I already did.
I'll buy one immediately for my AK and I know a few lads with $7,000-9000 rifles that would love to get a nice silencer for them.
I can't see why you would really care to get one for any other reason that shooting in public from a trunk with one of those monsters.

>>32764831
Aaaalso confirming Texans don't respect the government.
Most people outside big cities don't have any and I mean ANY regard for the law. They'll speed whenever, they'll drive with busted shit, they'll drive with no tags, they'll give their kid cigarettes (sometimes) and beer, they'll make illegal sales, they'll ignore taxes, they'll "fix" their own roads, they'll hunt whenever they want to, they'll even disrespect police and borderline threaten them if they disagree.
Usually on the redneck wild-west way and not the "fuck the government' way, but still, zero respect for federal government or laws.

>>32779045
>160-170 decibels to 130-140.
>Goes from louder than a Jet taking off about 10feet from you to a jet taking off 400feet from you or a little louder than a chain saw
That's actually fucking huge.
If I shot an...individual from a field say 300 yards away the shot would barely even be heard by the individual.
If there was a garbage truck or a motorcycle near them they'd hear nothing.
Just dead.
Sounds perfectly safe :)
>>
>>32779112
You say that like somebody would have any advance warning that they were about to be shot if someone DIDN'T have a suppressor.

If you're unaware you won't have time to jump out of the way of a fucking bullet regardless of how it sounds.
>>
>>32778923
I forget, are you the type of communist that says "muh real communism hasn't been tried yet," or the starbucks, apple owning, capitalism enjoying type of communist?
>>
Can't wait for HPA
Do you guys think we might have suppressors for this summer?

Or are we like 2 years out?
>>
>>32779245
>2 years

I cant fuckin wait that long!
>>
>>32774541

Without the tax stamp, I'd be less likely to pay the higher prices for a more durable product often made of more expensive materials.

Example- I payed a premium for my Spectre II because it's all stainless instead of aluminum, and I expect it to last much longer. If given the choice between that and a $50 aluminum sealed unit that I could shoot for a year or two and then throw away...Well...I hate cleaning the baffles anyway.
>>
>>32779245
IT WILL NEVER PASS
>>
>>32779153
>If you're unaware you won't have time to jump out of the way of a fucking bullet regardless of how it sounds.
But unless it hit your head you can scream you're down pretty quickly if you know you were shot, and more-so others could hear and call or arrive to help you.

This way?
Nah, a lad could go to a public area, shoot a porkie in their pork machine, then drive off.

Who knows where the shot came from?
Nobody.

>>32779200
The first, as communism must be democratic in nature and no such thing has ever happened (in big established countries or outside of countries with a civil war going on).
Hell, regardless the "communist" economies and quality of life improvements were the best in (recorded) human history, so who cares.

>>32774541
Prices go down relative to units produced, so no.
Usually porkies send a little of it downstream when they're forced to by competition.
>>
>>32779556
Ha, another not true communist goy.

>Hell, regardless the "communist" economies and quality of life improvements were the best in (recorded) human history, so who cares.
Who record this and how?

If quality of communist countries are so great, why do everyone want to leave?
>>
>>32779270
I doubt it will be more than two years, but it it is actually going to be law it will probably take at least one.

I highly doubt that it simply won't happen at all.

>>32779548
Fugg off.
>>
File: Mike copy.jpg (3MB, 2754x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Mike copy.jpg
3MB, 2754x1836px
>>32779599
Kek confirms!
>>
>>32762945
No it isnt. It's merely able to be supressed, unlike most revolvers.
>>
>>32760655
you never played guitar in high school huh pal?
>>
>>32779556
>Nah, a lad could go to a public area, shoot a porkie in their pork machine, then drive off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._C._sniper_attacks
No suppressor here.
>>
File: Russian_male_life_expectancy.jpg (26KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Russian_male_life_expectancy.jpg
26KB, 400x500px
>>32779576
>Ha, another not true communist goy.
Sorry but when a government has and always had a fascist structure and policy I don't believe it when they whisper they're "communist" in my ear.

>If quality of communist countries are so great, why do everyone want to leave?
What is propaganda?

>Who record this and how?
Uhm, literally everyone?
For fucks sake, look what happened after the Soviet fell, even after Soviet prime and rampant corruption it STILL got worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Russia_(1991%E2%80%93present)#Depression
>Following the economic collapse of the early 1990s, Russia suffered from a sharp increase in the rates of poverty and economic inequality.[9] Estimates by the World Bank based on both macroeconomic data and surveys of household incomes and expenditures indicate that whereas 1.5% of the population was living in poverty (defined as income below the equivalent of $25 per month) in the late Soviet era, by mid-1993 between 39% and 49% of the population was living in poverty.[10] Per capita incomes fell by another 15% by 1998, according to government figures.

For fuck sakes one year after the soviet fell 75million Russians plummeted into poverty or some shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_the_Russian_Federation#1991-1992
>The government also failed to constrain its own expenditures in this period, partially under the influence of the post-Soviet Supreme Soviet of Russia, which encouraged the Soviet-style financing of favored industries. By the end of 1992, the Russian budget deficit was 20% of GDP, much higher than the 5% projected under the economic program and stipulated under the International Monetary Fund (IMF) conditions for international funding. This budget deficit was financed largely by expanding the money supply. These monetary and fiscal policies were a factor along with price liberalization in an inflation rate of over 2,000% in 1992
>Inflation rate of over 2,000% in 1992
Lol?
>>
>>32779635
Put a suppressor on that and have a fella who has more experience and more of a cause, and doesn't target in the same goddamn big city during a time of peace?
Now that's a delicious ending.
>>
>>32763845
I cant believe no one is calling you out on this 700,000 guns a year claim. That is outrageous. That would mean almost half of all new guns sold in all of America every year go straight across the southern border.
>>
>>32763779
>10% of an annual supply of guns
>drop in the bucket
w e w
>>
>>32779630
What?
>>
>>32774271
Yes, at least for the simpler designs. Less regulation means less hassle for the mfg, faster turnover time, more volume, and more competition. R&D will still cost money of course so the highest end stuff will still be pricey, but the suppressors based on existing technology will get cheaper.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.