[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

33 round glock mags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: sub gun molle pouch.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sub gun molle pouch.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
am i retarded for considering mounting sub gun molle pouches on my chest rig and putting 33 round glock mags in them? i feel like this is the only time those long ass motherfuckers could be practical. if shit is so bad I'm out of my primary weapons ammo and am using my sidearm double the capacity sounds nice.
>>
Maybe for a 9mm carbine that takes glock mags
>>
>>32760491
I have to say that I don't really care for Glocks high-capacity magazines. They fit 31 rounds into a magazine that's like 10 inches long, but then you look at the STI 170 millimeter magazine body for their double stack 1911 and you've got 26 rounds in a 6 & a half inch long magazine. Doesn't quite make sense how Glock can't seem to lose four inches while adding 5 rounds
>>
>>32760531
i wasn't talking about glocks design faults i was asking if its a good idea to mount one on my chest rig. i only run 2 pistol mags on my rig so if i ran one mag id have near same capacity or if i ran 2 id have double. I'm kinda talking myself into doing it
>>
>>32760531
because STI mags are way wider you dumb shit
>>
>>32760510
Or if you have a magtec glock carbine conversion kit (looking at the g31 version). Honestly it is very likely to never be useful but fuck it its fun so go enjoy your shit
>>
>>32760596
I'd rather have a wide magazine than a long magazine. At least Allied magazine is still short enough to fit in a regular pistol mag holder instead of half me use submachine gun pouches which by the way are going to suck on your vest because they are so deep it's going to be a long motion to try and get them out.
>>
>>32760631
*a wide
Sorry voice text screws up sometimes and I don't catch it
>>
>>32760491
Think of the weight. How many mags for your primary are you NOT carrying because you have retarded amounts of pistol ammo. Two mags for your secondary are enough. If you have to carry more carry more primary mags.
>>
>>32760640
>talking to 4chan
>>
>>32760631
how long can it be compared to a ar or ak mag?
>>
>>32760661
i don't really give a fuck about weight desu i carry 7 steel or bakelite mags and 2 secondary mags. I'm liking the idea of having a 33 round on me.
>>
>>32760491
I bought an SMG magpouch for UMP45/P90 etc long magged subguns for my Glock 33rd mag and it fits perfectly and is easy to use. Although i mounted it on my leg panel for those shooting stages where it's practical to use (i don't quite like the long mag because i can't get a good grip with it) but otherwise i recommend doing what you're going to do
>>
>>32760685
>doesn't care about weight

How to know for sure someone is an armchair commando.
>>
>>32760698
ok i might have said that to brash. id rather have more ammo than carry less for the sake of weight. i have a knife, dump pouch,blow out kit and mags on my chest rig. is it heavy? kinda but I'm not a fucking pussy.
>>
>>32760667
If you train enough anything is simple but if you want to reload quickly you best do as >>32760697 amount that s*** on a leg platform. General rule of magazine pouches is that the pouch should be two-thirds of the length of the magazine and order to ensure good retention. If you're really insisted on having one of these patches for your stupid Glock magazines make sure that it has elastic around the mouth of the pouch so that it holds onto the magazine tightly and you don't lose it
>>
>>32760697
thanks for actually answering my question from place of experience instead of commenting some random autistic shit or calling me a armchair commando cause I'm not scared of adding one more mag to my load out
>>
>>32760724
I'd rather have more ammo for my primary than carry the same amount of weight in shitty ass pistol ammo. You're gonna feel dumb as shit when you run your primary dry now you have all this ammo with less effective range.
>>
>>32760748
Guy asking about carrying 33rd mags for his secondary calling someone else autistic. God I love you /k/.
>>
>>32760749
if i expend all of my primary ammo I'm gonna be in a way to fucked up situation to feel stupid. i carry 7 mags thats 210 rounds could i carry 8? sure but a skinny sub gun pouch takes up a lot less realestate than another primary mag pouch. also weigh a steel ak mag and weigh a 33 rd glock mag. they don't weigh the same
>>
File: 20-5-561611881sz_1.jpg (4KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
20-5-561611881sz_1.jpg
4KB, 223x223px
this was the pouch i was eyeing
>>
>>32760491
You are going to die of a heart attack before you get out of your driveway so why not, go for it badass.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>32760667
33 rounder compared to ak and g3 mag. Don't have an ar.
>>
>>32760825
why am i gonna have heart attack?
>>
>>32760870
thank you, I'm mounting a single pouch on my chest rig,
>>
>>32760735
The pouch i have has a velcro secured flap and an elastic brand around the body of the magazine
>>
>>32760870
Where the hell did you get a bakelite G3 ma... oh, white balance.
>>
>>32760748
I am about to get more 33 rounders. I already carry 190 rounds of x39 and 74 rounds of 9mm on my kit, and am planning on getting more mags on the kit. So i need to buy more pouches atm. :D
>>
>>32760662
I don't have any friends
>>
>>32760697
Which one did you get? I've been looking for something decent and have a couple of the mag pouches that's in OP's pic but they aren't really long enough for the 3 rounders and seem to hang forward on my vest and on the leg rig I have, mainly due to the top of the molle strap being bout 3 inches below the top of the mag. Do you have this same problem or did you find a pouch that doesn't do this?
>>
>>32760801
what pouch is this?
>>
>>32761016

190? Is one of those mags a 40 rounder?
>>
>>32761016
I carry a 33rd on my battle belt where my baton is supposed to be. In a hsg baton taco. It works out. But dude, imagine trying to prone with all those mags stacked on your chest. Consider subloading or sideloading instead of mounting on the chest. Also, my 33rder malfunctions a lot. That's just something to keep in mind.
>>
File: 8415305_G.jpg (34KB, 668x376px) Image search: [Google]
8415305_G.jpg
34KB, 668x376px
Are there any brands of high capacity aftermarket glock magazines one should avoid?
>>
>>32762176
korean mags are hit or miss. pick some up for fun but not for serious use
>>
>>32760491
If you're willing to take 3 sidearm magazines instead of 2 primary magazines it's a valid idea.

I prefer to put pistol magazines in space rifle magazines just don't fit. My sidearm backups are horizontal on my belt at 11 and 1 o'clock.
>>
>>32762184
this is true. I've had some where the feed lip breaks after the first few rounds and I have a few that I've mag dumped more times than I remember and are still going strong. I'd never use them for anything serious, I have OEM 33 rounders for that. I haven't really abused my ETS mags so far but they seem to be much better quality than the KCI's, that's for sure.
>>
>>32760491
If you're worried about running out of rifle mags, take more rifle mags
>>
>>32762176

Glock brand Glock mags are the best.

I have the two types of Korean mags from when some site was selling grab bags of 6x15, 2x17, 2x33 round mags for $50. They're OK, all drop free and have steel lining. Haven't had any issues running them in my AR9 or G19 for range fun. Might swap the springs for good springs to improve, and look for mistakes on the followers.

I have ETS mags from PSA's Christmas sale this year. They're cool, being clear, and seem great. They're more stiff when inserting and some don't drop free from my AR9. But they all feed fine.

Nothing has broken on any of them. Yet.
>>
>>32760748
You're actually retarded. No one who has ever humped gear, ever, has had the same thought process that you had. And that's why nobody does it.
>>
>>32760491
This would be a cool idea for light chest rig built for a Glock-mag carbine, or if for some reason a pistol was the only weapon you could have.
It's stupid for a secondary weapon though.
>>
>>32761141
5.11 mp5 pouch
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.