[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bowling For Columbine Paper/Firearm statistics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Ok /k/,
Today in one of my college classes we are going to be watching the 2002 Michael Moore "bowling for columbine".
I haven't watched it personally yet but already know its very left winged when firearms rights are introduced and we are to write a 5 page paper with sources on it, simple enough.
Any pointers to bring up when talking about gun crime?
FBI statistics should be useful obviously but what should I focus on when they inevitably bring up gun crime in other countries like Canada and England?
really want to just poke as many holes in Moore's logic as possible
>>
>>32759493
5 pages with trumps face on them

1: He
2: Is
3: Still
4: Your
5: President
>>
File: 1426635024754.jpg (1MB, 1029x4529px) Image search: [Google]
1426635024754.jpg
1MB, 1029x4529px
bump
>>
Mention that the majority of homicides are young african american inner city men involved in gangs, using straw purchases firearms because most are felons.

Mention the 323 people were killed with all rifles in the US in 2011, a laughably small amount.

Basically mention that guns are necessary for people to protect themselves, especially for women and people living in shitty neighborhoods. Mention that any form of gun control they can possibly think of is not helping murder rates, and is just feel good bullshit.

Mention that the reason for these murders is not the presence of guns, but the disintegration of the african american family structure due to the welfare state, failing public schools, and youth unemployment

Basically you can turn this into a /pol/ and a /k/ thing in one go, thus redpilling all your classmates.

Also say that statistically, mass shootings account for an insignificant number of deaths, and is just fear mongering by the media. The terrorist attacks in France these past two years have accounted for FAR more deaths than mass shootings, and there is strict gun control in France.
>>
>>32759527
I was hoping to go along that route.
I was hopefully going to add in how foreign countrys have a higher violent crime rate than the US because of gun control
>>
Someone post the infographic about how crime would be almost non exsitant if niggers were all gone

That will really get there panties in a knot
>>
>>32759493
oh god not this shit again, I had to watch that crap in HS. Theyre going to use the muh bullies argument and try to scare you into hating guns. Be sure to talk about how they were both popular and bullies themselves and how they got the guns illegally. Bringing up the "wild" west and how they had a lot of guns and little crime could work too.
>>
>>32759493

Fill the entire 5 pages attacking the personal credibility of Michael Moore. That's how the lefties do it in court.
>>
>>32759493
you're supposed to have a thought in your head by the time you reach this age.

do your own damn homework, kid.

>handing in work initiated by a cambodian basket weaving board
i hope you get the grade you deserve
>>
File: 1477666182041.jpg (1MB, 2342x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1477666182041.jpg
1MB, 2342x1410px
>>32759493
Mention something about pic related
>>
File: gohangyourself.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
gohangyourself.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>32759688
Hes asking for random pointers, not for you to do his damn paper.
>>
Mention that while most mass shootings are by whites that Trump is our president now so that's just an alternate fact
>>
>>32759707
She's still hot af.
>>
>>32759736
You have to be blind.
Mrs piggy is so discusting i wouldnt even let her slobber over my horse cock
>>
File: 1447632188296.jpg (52KB, 412x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447632188296.jpg
52KB, 412x500px
>>32759493
The easiest way to start is to tackle the "33k firearm deaths per year" commonly cited number.
>2/3 are suicides
>95% of the remainder is gang-related violence which is mostly black on black and does not affect people unrelated to gangs
Say this, and have the references on a notecard or an email. You can use this opportunity to put the teacher on the spot and ask them to forward your references to the class afterward. People who are closed-minded or afraid to comment in class will be more likely to read them coming from the teacher, and the teacher should have no reason to refuse (if they do you can challenge them).

Then bring up defensive gun uses, how they can't be precisely recorded because they either prevent incidents, never involve the police, or aren't reported by the police.

Say that no matter how much you want to rely on the police or others to protect you, your safety is ultimately your own responsibility and it would be foolish to legislate away your rights which protect that.

Make sure you talk about how 2A is first and foremost a check against the government (better to not jump to the word tyranny, try to avoid unnecessary hyperbole or extremes in rational discourse).

Ask if anyone in the class has concerns about a Trump presidency. Tell them they don't have to answer.

"I'll let you make the connection yourself."
>>
>>32759971
kek'd

>>32760351
this
>>
Talk about how if everyone in Colombine was armed that day it wouldn't have been a massacre, it would have just been a shootout. "Innocent bystanders" don't exist when everyone is shooting, problem solved.
>>
Say what you want, I liked it just fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.