[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P250 or P320

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 250 or 320.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
250 or 320.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I can't decide between buying a Sig P250 or a P320 next. Who here has info on them? I know the 320 can't convert from 9mm to .45, but I have heard that the 250 can?
>>
>>32758614
get a 320 its much better than the pos 250. caliber conversions are stupid shit that sounds neat just buy 2 guns.
heres what happens with caliber conversions. they cost 1/2 to 2/3 of the actual gun. you buy both then only shoot whichever caliber you like more the other kit never gets used except for the first time you tried it and sits in a parts box forever.
>>
250 only has a shit double action trigger so cops don't shoot themselves. 320 has a good striker fired trigger by most accounts. Otherwise they are functionally very similar.
>>
>>32758648

The caliber conversion would also be for the purpose of size. I prefer .45 for concealed carry, but my job requires 9mm. So one gun with both options would be nice, a subcompact 45 and a full szed 9mm in one gun.

>>32758682
i have basically heard that from everyone I ask haha.
>>
I have both. The double action trigger on the 250 is nice. I can outshoot my friends with their striker fired pistols. I got the 250 first because it was cheap. Felt so good I bought a full sized 320.
>>
>>32758720
>The caliber conversion would also be for the purpose of size. I prefer .45 for concealed carry, but my job requires 9mm. So one gun with both options would be nice, a subcompact 45 and a full szed 9mm in one gun.
do what you want but after spending all that money buying parts you will be like 50-100 bucks off from just buying another gun

hell you could probably get a used one cheaper than all the stuff for conversion
>>
The P250 Gen 2 is great if you want a bit more safety compared to the P320. A lot of shitheads like >>32758682 will try to tell you that you can't shoot a DAO gun to an acceptable level. The P250 in particular has a very nice double action trigger pull.

Check out the three part double action video on Ernest Langdon's youtube video with some pros of DA/SA / DAO triggers compared to striker fired or SAO.

Despite the P320 being objectively more shootable, the P250 does have merits of its own.
>>
>>32758614
P250 is shit. My brother has one and that thing has about a 20lb trigger. It's uncomfortable to shoot, and your finger gets tired of pulling after a few mags. His trigger broke after like 600 rounds.
Fuck the p250

No experience on the other one though
>>
>>32758743

honestly thats kind how I feel too. 250 is so much cheaper, and I'm so used to revolvers that I don''t think the DAO trigger would bother me too much. Plus if I later decide to upgrade, the frames from the 250 will fit for the 320.

>>32758750
This is part of the problem. I've heard such great things about the 250/320, but feel like although the modularity is cool, its barely affordable compared to buying multiple guns.

>>32758761
>>32758763
As I said eariler in this post, I'm so used to stff trigger pull from firing revolvers that I dont think it'd be a problem.

honestly if cost was the same, I'd probably go with the 320. but with the 250 being so much cheaper, thats why its a tough choice.
>>
>>32758767
>honestly if cost was the same, I'd probably go with the 320. but with the 250 being so much cheaper, thats why its a tough choice.
dont settle save more buy something thats not shit
>>
>>32758772
That's the issue. From what i've heard, both are good, the 320 s slightly better, but also slightly more expensive. SO basically the cost and how good it is are almost directly correlated it seems.
>>
>>32758772
I'm >>32758761 and I agree.
>>
>>32758720
There's no point in trying to constantly swap with conversions. The tiny savings in cost are lost in the extra hassle compared to buying two guns.

The only time just about any caliber conversion system is in any way valuable is if you invested heavily in upgrading the serialized trigger group, or NFA items that would need separate stamps.
>>
Fair enough guys, I suppose I'm convinced. I'll get the 320. One thing I like is the option to have the carry sized frame and put the 3.9 in barrel onto the subcompact frame still. shortens the hight a lot for only 40 bucks. Can change frame based on concealability.
>>
>>32758793
What I mean by that is I would mostly go wth the full szed grip and 3.9 in barrel, but if I need to conceal better I can just pop the same slide onto the subcompact frame and itll still work.
>>
>>32758614
Having tried both guns, the trigger on the P250 is honestly nicer. It's a long pull with a reset that's basically all the way out, but it's much lighter than the DA pull on most DA/SA guns and it's the only gun I've personally tried where the pull is completely smooth all the way through. They pulled some fucking magic with that thing.

And for your trouble, you get a safer gun (hammer is down by default, every pull is double action remember), and you get second-strike, which might be desirable in a carry gun.

Everything else about the two guns is the same. Barrels, frames (I think), grips, magazines, the lot.

Take the 320 if you like an decent striker trigger. Take a 250 if you want a genuinely surprising DAO trigger.
>>
>>32758848
God damn it these are the kind of responses that make me not know which one I wanna go with.
>>
File: 1469923699971.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469923699971.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>32758862
It all depends on if you're comfortable with carrying a P320 over the safer P250.

As for the trigger, it's surprisingly great like what other anons have said. While it isn't as potentially faster than the P320 is, it is plenty fast for defensive/duty use.

I have a bias against striker fired guns that don't have any sort of external safety features (thumb safety, striker indicator) and I sold my P320 because of it. I don't like the popular trend of having ever more lighter, crisper striker triggers considering I can shoot double action reasonably well.
>>
>>32758914
I agree with you to an extent on the safety aspect, but I carry in a kydex holster so trigger isn't getting pulled on accident.
>>
>>32758648
>caliber conversions are stupid shit that sounds neat just buy 2 guns.

Its like trying to turn a toothless, sabby streetwalking crackwhore into a June Cleaver/Donna Reed housewife.

noble goal, but shit aint going to happen, and its all just going to end in tears.
>>
File: 1485094533064.jpg (810KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
1485094533064.jpg
810KB, 1200x754px
>>32758927
>but I carry in a kydex holster so trigger isn't getting pulled on accident.

This is only true to a certain extent. Things like pull cords, a piece of shirt can get into the holster and cause a snag onto the trigger. The P250's hammer can give you an indicator as to if the trigger is being pulled somehow if you're reholstering.

That does not mean you will die if you carry a striker gun. I am able to safely draw and reholster when I carry either my Shield or Glock 19 AIWB because I know how to safely reholster it without the muzzle covering any part of my body in the process.

If you are committed to learning how to safely reholster a striker fired gun, by all means go for the P320. It just irks me how there is this cavalier attitude when it comes to carrying a striker fired gun with a very light trigger with "this is my safety" being thrown around then people blaming the individual for when they do have an ND never actually taking any consideration for their equipment that may have had factored into the accident.

Just something to think about.
>>
>>32758614
I have both. I like both, but prefer the 320.
Striker fired, in my opinion, is just better than DAO.

Shit heads on here who either suck at shooting DAO or don't understand how to shoot it accurately will tell you that the DAO trigger sucks. It doesn't. It's fucking sweet, real smooth. However, DAO isn't everyone's cup of tea.

My suggestion would be to go try each trigger out and base your purchase on that. Both guns are identical in grips/ergos and holsters.
>>
>>32759005
This.

Agree totally. But I'm still probably going to end up with a Glock 43

(Not op obviously)
>>
>>32759006
>Shit heads on here who either suck at shooting DAO or don't understand how to shoot it accurately will tell you that the DAO trigger sucks. It doesn't. It's fucking sweet, real smooth. However, DAO isn't everyone's cup of tea.

So much this.

I'm actually fucking astonished that there is a civil thread on the comparison to the P250/P320 on /k/ for once. Even more so, people actually not blindly shittalking the P250, raising its merits.

Now I will post some good links on how to properly learn how to shoot DAO/TDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoX26OhDCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZplH6zreQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nod5qLlSGUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU4v5i5c42k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7YdjrvB718
>>
>>32759015
Good news for you if you do get the 43. This is coming out this year for the Glock 43/42.

I'm the anon you replied to and a very strong reason why I bought a Glock 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t69VcNx-58

The moment they actually do start selling it, I'm buying a 43 and selling off my Shield in a heartbeat.
>>
File: d.jpg (114KB, 1440x333px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
114KB, 1440x333px
>>32759032
Yeah I've seen it it's a neat little doodad if it works well

Spotted a Yeager fag in the comments
>>
320 has a great trigger, sights, and ergos but mine had a bunch of fte issues and I got rid of it. Shame because it shot and felt great.
>>
>>32759039
There are always idiots like that, yes. As for the durability/function of the gadget, there have been samples with extensive use put through them with no issue or breakages at all. There's one guy on pistolforum that has 61,000 rounds through his with no cleaning and it works flawlessly.
>>
>>32759085
Cool will definitely consider if I go with a Glock

Only bad thing is what it may do to warranty. But I'm sure you can switch out the back of any problems arise.
>>
>>32759063
did SIG offer to fix it for you? I'm not shilling, I just dont know firsthand how their CS is. also is there a way to tell the extractor or something is fucked before you buy the gun and go through the whole rigamarole of getting the deal done?
>>
>>32758614

I have a p250. The long trigger is very smooth and easy to shoot with, it's not really an issue at all. Also safer to have the long pull and exposed hammer, less likely to ND (spare me the Glocktard BS plz).

BUT Sig is discontinuing the P250. Only the 22lr version is on their site anymore. The magazines and grip modules are identical between the p320 and p250 so you will never run out of those, but that's something to keep in mind.

P320 recently got the MHS contract, so you may want to wait a little while until there are more affordable things offered for it, when they're ramped up production. It's about to become a much much more popular gun and I'm sure if you buy one now, you'll regret it when they come out with some special package once production is fully ramped up for the MHS contract.
>>
>>32758614
Why are fudd guns so popular here now?
I thought k was above this
>>
>>32761031
>you'll regret it when they come out with some special package once production is fully ramped up for the MHS contract.
It is modular and cheap. I don't see a problem in having more than 1.
>>
>>32758761
>The P250 in particular has a very nice double action trigger pull.

Agreed. The 250 is the first DAO I ever debated buying (not counting LEM Hk's)
>>
>>32758914
>I don't like the popular trend of having ever more lighter, crisper striker triggers considering I can shoot double action reasonably well.

X2

I with the apex kiddies would spend a nice afternoon with a revolver and learn that pulling a "heavy long trigger" isn't some insurmountable task. Shit, they can still enjoy their striker fired and all, but it's a shame that they miss out on all the other neat guns because they are afraid of the trigger.
>>
>>32759005
I carry a M&P9 for work right now, and a shield 45 for concealed carry. I'm used to striker fired no safety firearms.

>>32759006
>>32759017
>>32761031
>>32762167
>>32762205
DAO triggers are no problem for me, I spent years firing revolvers in DA so I dont mind it.

>>32761293
+1 on the modular part. I cant imagine what they could come out with for the 320 that I couldnt just buy and add the the one I already have.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.