[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should trophy hunting be banned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: tiger extirpation.jpg (584KB, 1276x977px) Image search: [Google]
tiger extirpation.jpg
584KB, 1276x977px
Should trophy hunting be banned?
>>
It depends entirely on whether there's competent ecologists managing the hunting program in such a way that the animal population is protected.

Like, parks in Africa will have rich white tourists come over, shoot an oil, infertile elephant that was just going around causing problems anyway, and then have them write a five figure check that helps keep the park running.
>>
Last year was actually the first year world tiger populations increased
>>
>>32757746
>Implying it's trophy hunters that dent the population and not poachers that grind up their testicles for "traditional medicine"
>>
>>32757763

This. Stupid liberals like OP have double digit IQs and react to information without giving it an actual educated thought.

Trophy hunting, with all its restrictions and modern day laws, has been more helpful towards protecting the majority of animals than without it.
>>
>>32757746
Depends on the animal. African countries have started doing it so that its used as population control where the carcass is given to the local tribe to be used as food.
>>
File: this_fag.jpg (439KB, 1808x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this_fag.jpg
439KB, 1808x1080px
cant we just declare open season on poachers?

i want to shoot poachers.
>>
>>32757805

In real life, poachers in Africa aren't typically white. They're AK wielding niggers, I don't think you'll want to shoot them
>>
>>32757818
wait, what? The hell makes you think i wouldnt want to slot floppy scum
>>
>>32757818
>/k/
>not wanting to shoot AK wielding kaffirs
u w0t m8?
>>
>>32757746
Yes, absolutely, and the people who do it should be deemed as dangerous and mentally ill.
>>
Tiger hunting is poaching, totally different than legal trophy hunting so either you want to ban something that's already illegal or you posted the wrong picture for this thread.

Kenya thought it would be a good idea to ban trophy hunting, didn't work out to well and they've started to allow it since they've realized their mistake:

>Large percentage of animals are owned by ranchers that only work with these animals because of the profit offered in trophy hunting.
>Take away the profit and they start to sell their animals, leads to less population
>Also means less money for conservation, as most of the trophy fee goes towards conservation.
>Less animals around, not as protected by ranchers (and easier to poach) and less money for conservation.

Totally great idea OP, same type of logic that Mugabe used when he kicked out the only farmers that knew what they were doing.
>>
>>32758043
But muh progressive feels don't need to be thought out. Ever. I might feel dumb.
>>
>>32757783
Seriously.
"Traditional Chinese Medicine" is responsible for like 90% of the demand for poached animals.
>>
>>32757746
Trophy hunting keeps poor africans liave, because dumb fucks will pay 10k to go kill something
The real issue is poaching, it's always poaching, and it's always done by niggers or asians
>>
>>32757746
only allow it with spears
>>
>>32757746
No it's a boon for countries in Africa and has lead to conservation efforts for species of animals that would probably otherwise be extinct. Hunting something rare into extinction is degenerate though
>>
>>32757746
No properly managed trophy hunting benefits wildlife conservation and the local populace.
>>
File: 978675.jpg (63KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
978675.jpg
63KB, 340x565px
>>32757818
>I don't think you'll want to shoot them
>>
File: IMG_6243.jpg (38KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6243.jpg
38KB, 400x301px
>>32757818
Are you saying some faggot from /k/ wouldn't take the opportunity to kill a criminal and get a free Ak?

You must be new.
>>
>>32757746

It is the only thing that allows poor countries to afford large game preserves full of exotic, expensive animals and protect them from poachers.
>>
>>32757746
trophy hunting should be legal as long as chink hunting is legal
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.