[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is the closest place I can learn to stick-fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1144-Quarter-staff-q75-500x375.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1144-Quarter-staff-q75-500x375.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
With all the political violence going on lately I think it might be valuable for me to learn a martial weapon skill, the most viable of witch being big fucking stick whacking. What kind of facility should I look for to find this kind of training? I can't find any HEMA society listings on google maps.

The closest cities to me are Mesa, AZ and Las Vegas, NV respectively.
>>
Anyone here?
>>
Look up Filipino martial arts, escrima, kali, arnis. They incorporate stick fighting and are relatively popular. Most other stick martial arts aren't though.
>>
>>32755132
Why not get a gun? It's like a stick, except you don't need training before you can use it. (although, training will make you better.)
>>
>>32756479
>Why not get a gun?
Can't carry them in big cities, where political violence generally is.

>Implying I don't own 6 already
>>
File: IMG_0190.jpg (58KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.jpg
58KB, 640x436px
>>32756409
This dude knows what is up.

Someone with a couple years of kali training and a knife, could seriously fuck up groups of people with firearms.
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (88KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
88KB, 500x487px
>>32755132
HEMA is shit.

I prefer more true martial arts, or combat arts.

If you honestly want the deadlyist martial art. Pick eskrima. No other martial art stands a chance.
>>
>>32755132
I don't know man, wack em with the stick and hope for the best? Doesn't really seem like there'd be all that much nuance to hitting people with sticks.
>>
Go challenge some kids at a playground. That's where I did most of my stick fighting
>>
>>32757118
>I don't know man, wack em with the stick and hope for the best? Doesn't really seem like there'd be all that much nuance to hitting people with sticks
Theres nuance to be had with any simple or martial weapon
>>
>>32755132
what do ya'll think of vadha? Also if you don't belong to a gym that goes live with fighting at least once a week, what's the point?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.