[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forward Assist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4112.jpg (129KB, 375x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4112.jpg
129KB, 375x246px
How useful is a forward assist? In a modern military sense that is but also for civilians
>>
>HMM, GUN IS NOT WORK?
>I PUSH HARD ON IT. MAKE WORK.
>GUN, ARE YOU WORK?
>GUN?
>but gun was kill
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>dead, not big surprise
>>
if you have a bolt handle that's directly connected to the bolt, like on an ak, you don't need a forward assist, you could just push on the handle.
>>
I was about to ask this.
I read an article criticizing Imbel and the IA2 for it's similatities with the FAL, like not having a way to force the bolt closed in the event dirt or sand got in the way, and optics mounting points. It had a video of a Rio police officer having to open his FAL mid firefight to force the bolt because it didn't close all the way.
In intense use, like a proper war, how useful is a foward assist, or a reciprocicating bolt handle?
>>
>>32755051
But, say on a bullpup w/ a nonreciprocating charging handle, would an FA solve a make or break situation in a military trial?
>>
>>32755080
Precisely why I made the thread, I've been thinking about Ian and Karl's criticisms of guns during mud tests and especially bullpups with a nonrecprocating bolt handle and was wondering what /k/ thought
>>
>>32755083
yes
but honestly bullpups don't sound like such a hot idea to me
>>
>>32755080
i'm a big believer in simplicity
and a non reciprocating bolt handle seems like way too much of a mechanical hassle for the negligible benefit it provides
>>
>>3275517#
Fair enough>>32755192
>>
>>32755172
Oops>>32755192
Meant for you
>>
>>32755051
Of the issue is a headspacing one then being able to reverse mortar a round in is a one time solution only, or worse will damage the chamber
>>
>>32755013
Wtf is forward assist
>>
>>32755013
Probably more harm than good. Just cycle a new round. Too easy for people to get excited and slap the shit out of it and cause real problems.
>>
>>32755361
Hello noguns
also
>what is google?
>>
File: 1484128021678.jpg (195KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1484128021678.jpg
195KB, 1200x899px
>>32755580
>want to learn about guns
>go to arguably the most knowledgeable site in existence
>ready to learn

>"Google it fgt, lololol"
>>
File: forard-assist.jpg (34KB, 600x258px) Image search: [Google]
forard-assist.jpg
34KB, 600x258px
>>32755663
>Most knowledgeable in existence
If you come at just the right time with just the right people but it's mostly shitposting here.

Forward assist is essentially just a stick with a spring used to push the bolt in designed that don't have a reciprocating charging handle.
>>
>>32755035
I mean you tried man but geez
>>
>>32755663
We don't spoonfeed here.

All of the spoons were used for buttplay long ago.
>>
>>32755398
So do you assume a catastrophic failure occurred if you can't get it in battery and can't strip the round?
>>
>>32755398
So do you assume a catastrophic failure occurred if you can't get it in battery and can't strip the round? ..
>>
>>32755013
I view it as unnecessary but I would rather have it than not. Useful if you want to chamber a round somewhat quietly, and I can't think of a downside to having it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.