[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good first salt rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: v7.jpg (158KB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
v7.jpg
158KB, 2000x800px
Is this a good first salt rifle?
>>
>>32754302
Yes, either this or the DDM4V11. But I recently got the V7 instead and I like it better than the V11
>>
>>32754302
Yes, just don't forget sights or an optic, I saw a guy at the range once with an AR he just bought at the store there.
>No sights
>Cargo shorts
>Mouth breathing
>Fat
Made me think of all you chuckle fucks here.
>>
>>32754302
It's not good it's fantastic.
>>
>>32754302
if youve got the dosh, then yes.
>>
>>32754302
Don't do it just yet OP. Wait for the NFA to get repealed and buy the DDM4V7S instead.
>>
>>32754302
I have a DDM4V9. had colts and fn's while active duty. DD makes some of the best AR's on the market.

Anyone talking shit is just legit poor and jealous.
>>
I forget, why do they call them salt rifles?
>>
>>32754302
my first AR was a DD

good decision
>>
Did DD used to have military contracts for rifles or just their accessories?
>>
>>32754302
No. Lol.
>>
>>32756017
IIRC they now sell 10.5 uppers (maybe complete guns) to MARSOC.

MARSOC has an advertisement video on Youtuve where they train with them.
>>
>>32756038
>never owned a DD
>>
Hell no

DD has shit furniture. It feels cheap

get a BCM or LMT bro, trust me on this one

just get a BCM. Do it.
>>
>first AR
>DD

>>32756070
You're a faggot. bcm fanboys are such nigger faggots.

>Paying 50 percent more for what is a branded PSA FN barreled upper
>>
>>32756047
>Has no sense of humor>>32756070
>>
That's one of the best ARs you can go with at any price
>>
>>32754302
Do it OP. bought mine a week before the orlando shooting happened. Got it at cabelas for $1300. crazy how its pushing 2k now.
>>
>>32755769

They use salt metals in their construction. Supposedly it's good for the environment, but I don't really know about that. Otherwise, they're just regular guns.
>>
>>32754302
I wish those fucks would start selling their m-lok rails. First AR I handled after getting interested in guns was a DD with their slim keymod handguard, I fucking loved that handguard.
>>
>>32754302
I have an m4v11 and I like it quite a bit. It's one of the few gun purchases I've made that did not fill me with buyer's remorse.

Since the only difference between the v11 and the v7 is the rail, I would expect you to have a similar experience. Truthfully, I wish I'd gone with M-lok since that seems to be where the market is going, but whatever, already got my shit attached and it seems solid enough.

I wouldn't buy one for a first rifle though. Why dump 1500+ clams into something if you're not 100% sure you want that specific set of features? You're better off getting something cheaper so you don't feel bad beating the everloving shit out of it while you figure out what you like and don't like.
>>
File: 1471208620415.jpg (23KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
1471208620415.jpg
23KB, 360x280px
I bought a V1LW for $1099 USD did I goof, /k/?
>>
>>32756070
did you know you're really gay?
>>
File: lmt .jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
lmt .jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>32756070
All faggyness aside, LMT is nice.
>>
>>32758136
I have some beef with LMT. Their lobster tail extractors are nice, and KAC licenses that. LMT really does make top notch stuff. BUT WHY WON'T THEY DO A GUCCI COATING ON THE BCG AND THE BOLT?
>>
Whats with their naming scheme? I know theres gotta be something but honestly i cant figure it out. Bmw makes more sense than this
>>
>>32755769
Capable of dispensing 600 salty liberal tears a minute.
>>
>>32754302
I have a V5. I love it a lot. Looking forward to getting a lightweight V7 soon. Some will say BCM is a better quality/price ratio but it's all personal taste. If you really want an MLOK railed weapon and don't want to built, the DDM4V7 is the way to go
>>
>>32754388
just sight down the rail like a shotgun
>>
>>32756042
SOCOM has bought Mk18s and I think some SPR/DMR rifles.
>>
>>32758167
Because it's a scam for faggots? Way more than KAC license the lobster tail.

What's actually beneficial from LMT is the angle porting of their barrel which dramatically decreases gas port erosion meaning the gas system is more consistent, longer lasting, and reliable over the life of the barrel.

Also of benefit is their improvements to the bolt including modified cam pin, rounded bolt lugs, and relief channels behind the boltface itself. The bolt carrier group has been modified to decrease strain through modifying the carrier rails itself.

LMT is probably the only company worth comparing KAC against. Now that they have the ambi lowers I'd feel comfortable with either.

>>32754302
DD makes serviceable guns comparable to any low tier manufacturer while charging boutique prices.

Pass imo.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.