[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /k/ mature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1482021642572.jpg (8KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1482021642572.jpg
8KB, 212x238px
Why can't /k/ come to a consensus on what constitutes a "good" gun? Everything is an argument. No seriously, it's a like a room full of women, you guys literally invent shit to bitch about.
>>
>>32750960
because k is basically a hive of manchildren who get their info off video games and television. very much similar to women and fashion magazines
>>
>>32750960
>is /k/ mature

No, but I still come here because I've learned more here than any other gun outlet on the internet. there are some really knowledgeable people here. Admittedly, it's still 90% attention whoring trollfest.
>>
>>32750977
/thread
>>
>>32750960
DESU the gun itself hasn't changed at all in the past 30 years, which leaves a void for people to one-up each other. Manufacturers commend their efforts towards hype and marketing as a means of profit, instead of practicality and utility reasons that were present 30-40 years ago. Companies have figured out that consumers want what other people want, so the manus use video games and movies to "market" guns similar to what makeup and shoe companies do for women, so there's more symmetry between firearms and fashion than you think.

There are some people who've been around who still have an appreciation for firearm design and craftsmanship, but they are being ousted as "fudds" because they actually have some authority on the subject, and for some reason it's become the cool thing nowadays to reject authority. Presumably, things might change in the next 8 years of so but I doubt it.
>>
>>32751102
>fukkn saved
well put
>>
>>32750977
First post is best post
>>
>>32751102
>the gun itself has changed at all in the past 30 years
this has always been my argument. new guns come out all the time but they're no different than guns from the 90's. They usually sell a few and then get dropped, then another comes out and gets dropped. It's like manufacturers are at the end of their rope and just jewing the system until something revolutionary comes along.
>>
>>32750960
>constitutes as good gun

anything a mallninja or fudd wouldn't buy because fuck authority.
>>
>>32750960
is /k/ mature? Are you a faggot?
>>
>the irony of arguing about having arguments
>>
Honestly the fudd meme needs to die. The only people keen on using it are the same people who give shooting a shitty rep, namely life rejects and aspies.
>>
>>32751102
What the fuck else do you expect? There really aren't that many landowners anymore like their used to be. I've been shooting for 10 years and still haven't been hunting. For most people now its just a way to spend the afternoon punching holes in cardboard and for manlets to live out their cowadoody fantasies. It would be different if more people hunted but its impractical these days.
>>
File: 1462927232067.png (1MB, 748x892px) Image search: [Google]
1462927232067.png
1MB, 748x892px
>>32751334
bullshit. more people are shooting today than anytime in the past 9 years. just because you can't durr hunt doesn't mean you have nothing to gain from spending an afternoon perfecting your shooting
>>
File: 1463781894358s.jpg (2KB, 125x90px) Image search: [Google]
1463781894358s.jpg
2KB, 125x90px
>>32751368
wrong pic
>>
>>32751102
probably the most accurate post I've seen on here yet. well said anon
>>
>>32750960
>Why can't /k/ come to a consensus on what constitutes a "good" gun?

People that browse /k/ are enthusiasts/hobbyists. They refuse to factor input by professionals that have extensive use with things like Glocks and AR15's.

And if anyone on /k/ actually gets a "good" gun, that's only one little piece of the puzzle. Gear selection is dwarfed in importance when you compare it to software and mindset. Something many people here lack, just like guns.

Remember. /k/ is a hobbyist board.
>>
>>32751334
>how to fall into the liberal trap
>the post
>>
>>32751253
>fudd meme needs to die
I'm afraid the internet will implode before there's ever a reasonable chance of that ever happening. Inferior people will always need a crutch to stick others with.
>>
>>32751102
what's with the DESU filter?
>>
There is no good gun because everyone has a different criteria for what that is
There is plenty to learn here but, mature?
Hell no
>>
>>32751520
IMO

I M O
>>
This thread gives me hope because I always thought I was the only one who posts mature criticism. I'm shocked there are actually people on /k/ who find the whole anti fudd argument to be bullshit
>>
>>32751382
I disagree.
>>
File: 1456675374692.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1456675374692.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
There's a bunch of groupthink here on /k/ that people take as fact without actually trying it out
>anything over 300 lumens is too much for indoor usage
>10mm for carry is good
>get trijicon hd's because more expensive=more good
>aliengear and crossbreed make good holsters
>let's all buy glocks and waste all of our money on upgrading the everloving shit out of it instead of learning how to actually shoot it
>competition will create training scars and get you kilt on the streets
>a gun has to feel good in your hands in order for you to shoot it well
>high bore axis is a legitimate consideration

People will take this as gospel because /k/ is the first place they came to learn about firearms
>>
File: IMG_7076.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7076.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
No one thinks a Scar 17 isn't good.

Pay attention idiot.
>>
File: Eels-Study-Guide-225x300.jpg (22KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Eels-Study-Guide-225x300.jpg
22KB, 225x300px
Because from an enthusiast's perspective there's more to firearm ownership and shooting than immediate utility. Also, because concensus would be an end to discussion. The discussion may not be proactive all the time, or even often, but it's something to do and is at least occasionally interesting. Homogeny doesn't offer varying perspectives, and thus isn't very fun and may not be informative unless you check a lot of sources. I don't come to the Internet for homogeny, and certainly not to 4chan. If I wanted expert opinions I'd read a book.
>>
File: sig bore axis.png (867KB, 881x781px) Image search: [Google]
sig bore axis.png
867KB, 881x781px
>>32751747
High bore axis actually matters for sigs
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.