[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0420.jpg (60KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0420.jpg
60KB, 750x516px
I'm completely gun illeterate

Enlighten me with knowledge about God's greatest gift
>>
it goes shoot shoot
>>
>>32749375
>going to k for weapon knowledge
Im suprised half of k has not shot themselves in the foot yet
>>
>>32749375
we do have a sticky
>>
>>32749395
>Sticky literally says check catalog.

This isn't /fit/ or /g/ newfag.
>>
>>32749444
It has a link to the full sticky.
>>
>>32749380
No it doesn't you fucking retard, it goes POW POW, CLICK
>>
File: 1z3nebr.jpg (24KB, 878x488px) Image search: [Google]
1z3nebr.jpg
24KB, 878x488px
>>32749444
>trips wasted on a complete retard
>>
OK OP, I'm also a gun Newfag, what do you want to know, I know a little bit.

Where do you live?
>>
>>32749375
Where do you live?
Over 18?
Do you want a gun for home deference or something else?
>>
>>32749486
I live in Cali
I'm 17
Want a gun for defense and to go the shooting range and shoot some shit
>>
File: latest.png (359KB, 644x488px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
359KB, 644x488px
Okay OP since you're not getting any help let me give you the run down on /k/s most hardcore knowledge. You came to the right place

>9mm is an anemic round, it's barely enough to kill a cat
>.45acp was created by God, literally, it came to John Moses Browning in an vision from Jesus
>And it's even stronger than 44magnum by a 0.01 caliber
>basically it will also kill your soul
>For sniping human beings the 30 "Aught" six is the best rifle cartridge. Just ask for one at the gun counter the sales clerk will take it from there by showing you another one of America's greatest guns, the Remington 700
>you'll notice a pattern here, all the best weapons have an "aught" to them, for all purpose general guns hey a shotgun that shoots double "aught" buck
>with a shotgun you don't even need to aim just point and pull the trigger it will blow a hole in a wall
>AR15s are good for combat but only if you stuff them with every imaginable accessory known to man, if you don't they'll jam
>but don't use them for hunting because you'll blow up the deer keep that in mind
>AK's can't hit the broadside of a barn but they dont jam, throughout history there hasn't been a single recorded instance where an AK or AK variant has jammed
>Glocks are the only guns that can double as hand grenades which is why glock fans tend to carry a back up gun in case they decide to pull the pin and use the Glock as a grenade, only for professional users they tend to say
>Carry the biggest bowie knife with the thickest serrations you can find, it's basically like having a lightsaber in your belt

There's plenty more where that came from. Read the sticky new friend
>>
File: 1485049190139.jpg (937KB, 840x3733px) Image search: [Google]
1485049190139.jpg
937KB, 840x3733px
>>32749528

Califag here. If you plan on conceal carrying which you won't be able to legally do (not that it stopped me either) get your pops to buy a j frame revolver if you plan on not really practicing too much. You can't buy a handgun until you're 21.

If you plan on carrying a Glock then get a 36 in .45acp because there's no point to a 9mm considering we have 10 round mag capacities. Might as well carry .45acp in a concealed package.

For home defense, I'd normally say AR but with the recent abominations that they've made AR'S into with this new law...

Get a 10/22 as your first rifle. It's great to learn with and put some velocitor. 22s and you have a great self defense gun.

You can also buy the most versatile gun on the planet. A 12gauge pump shotgun. You can shoot the traditional multiple pellets or a big giant bullet/slug as you see fit.
>>
Download the do/k/ument.
>>
File: IMG_1409.jpg (74KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1409.jpg
74KB, 576x1024px
>>32749528
>Commiefornia
>Underage b&
>>
>>32749375
So...do you have a moment to talk about your lord and savior, Jesus Christ?
>>
You will need to be at least 21 years old. You will need a valid CA driver’s license or government issued ID. You will need a firearms safety certificate, which requires a very simple test of firearms knowledge and safety practices. If you fail this test, you do not deserve to own a firearm. You will need proof of residence such as your vehicle registration, with your current address listed. Some FFL’s may require more proof of residence, but unless you are not a resident of CA, this is usually not an issue.

Handguns for purchase in California are regulated by this roster:
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

If you are a completely new shooter, or is someone who is looking into it for a friend or loved one, you may want to consider a pistol chambered for .22LR. .22 pistols are an excellent way of introducing people into the shooting sports, as it has very mild, manageable recoil, and very little noise compared to the centerfire options. Another advantage is that is it inexpensive compared to centerfire ammunition. This round is desirable for new shooters, as the loud explosions and heavy recoil of centerfire pistols may be upsetting to a completely new shooter to the sport altogether. There are many. A popular 22LR pistol is the Ruger Mark 4.

Some people prefer to purchase a .45ACP or 10mm handgun as they trust it has more stopping power than a 9mm, and they figure that since we are going to be limited to 10 rounds per magazine here in CA, why not fill that magazine up with the biggest round easily available? Although sound logic, this should not be the advice given to every new handgun buyer. The recoil of a .45ACP or 10mm will not be as easy to manage as a smaller caliber for some shooters, and you will need to choose your caliber based on what you are comfortable with. It's best to try out these guns before you buy. I'll talk about renting and testing the guns in a later section.
>>
>>32749528
Buy some 00 buckshot and this:
https://www.remington.com/shotguns/pump-action/model-870/model-870-express-synthetic-tactical-7-round
>>
>>32749375
You point the shooty bit to the enemy, and squeeze the squeezy bit so that the shooty bit shoots.
>>
Gods greatest gift is a dog. However guns are a pretty close second. Start with a 22. Dont shoot yourself with it. Take a class if you dont have a friend with firearms experiance.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.