[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C96 owners i summon thee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: mauser-c96-magazine.jpg (104KB, 938x516px) Image search: [Google]
mauser-c96-magazine.jpg
104KB, 938x516px
I've recently had an airshit C96 replica in my hands, and it satisfied my german engineering/guns with wooden furniture so much that i want to buy the real thing now. If any of you lucky C96 owner fags could answer thé questions below, i'd be pleased.

> Is the C96 a good shooter, precision-wise ?
> Is it a pain in the ass to clean ?
> Is it possible to get a copy of the gun ? I dont give a shit if the gun has had authentic german hands on it, I want a functionning gun that wont break down after 200 rounds. Plus im kinda scared of the worn on guns that were made 100 years ago.
>>
>>32748496
You would have been better off asking this in QTTDTOT and not mentioning airshit.
>>
File: 20170123_082857.jpg (2MB, 2120x1793px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_082857.jpg
2MB, 2120x1793px
>>32748496
Love mine to bits and it's decently accurate. I've had 100% reliability with PPU .30 Mauser after stripping it down and cleaning and thoroughly. I paid $600 locally so you just gotta look around a bit. As far as I know there are no modern reproductions or anything out there.
>>
>>32748749
An airshit wood/metal replica gives a good enough idea of the ergonomics and feel of the gun.
>>
>>32748832
> no reproductions.
Thats what i feared. Any good enough knock-offs lying around ? I read that the spanish and chinese did copy it.
>>
>>32748920
No those are more expensive due to their rarity and collectors value. Just get an M30. They're some of the cheapest iirc
>>
>>32748496
Mine shoots great and it feels good to shoot too. I spent a decent bit on mine but it has a nice crisp bore and minimal pitting. If you dont care about matching parts/good rifling you can get a pretty cheap bolo. The spanish did their copy called astra i think but those aren't any cheaper and chink copys are either going to be red 9s or rare shit (a shop near me has a chink .45 acp broomhandle)
>>
File: IMG_0969.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>32748496
Paid 700 for mine.
Its a federal arms refurbish job from the 70s.
Basically they just rebarreled and refinished it.Still chamber in 7.63 Mauser and shoots ppu perfectly.
Really dam accurate to.
Also dont order any thing Chinese made for a broom handle.The stocks they sale are fucking trash and you will go thru hell to get your money back.
>>
>>32748496
With a stock, yes. Mine does good groups and I'm pretty unskilled.

Kinda? You'll want a toothbrush or whatever to dig around in all the crevices, and have youtube ready to help you with disassembly/reassembly just in case.

There are chinese copies but they're really not any cheaper than refinished or mismatched originals. You should not be scared of an old gun: the main problem with c96s is worn bolt stops and you can identify that visually and replace with a new manufactured part.
>>
>>32748965
Chinese repro stocks are awful. The wrist iron is shaped differently, and often they sit at the wrong angle to shoulder properly. Not to mention how they're a different shape overall and it's obvious to see.

That said, I have a vintage chinese harness that is quite nice and fits a german stock.
>>
File: IMG_0790.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0790.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32749023
>>32749045
Forgot muh broom.
>>
>>32749072
She's a beauty.
>>
>>32749150
Up close it's obvious she's had a hard life, but it's such a neat gun and I wish that there was a way to get official history on serial numbers like there is with Colt.
>>
>>32748496
Look up explorer II pistol.
>>
how much does it cost to produce a gun like that nowadays? Sure that people has the schematics can just mill the steel to qualification, right?

If I ever won lottery I would talk to mauser to do bunch of reproductions and sell them like 1000bucks a piece
>>
>>32749023
What about the accuracy without the stock ? Is the balance manageable or do you need hulk forarms to shoot an afternoon with it ?
>>
>>32748496

You will be hard pressed to find a C96. They're out there but they're popular collectors items because of their use in TV, games and movies.

If you want one, get one, but don't expect the world from it. You can see the problems you can run into just from the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9J2ceUeUk
>>
>want a c96
>too afraid to buy one because I'm scared the bolt stop will break and send the bolt through my face

Why can't there be a modern, reinforced C96 design.
>>
>>32749978

Because having a magazine in front of the trigger of a pistol is evil to democrats.
>>
>>32749557
You'd lose a ton of money if it was a quality product. Machining costs a lot and there are a lot of little parts.

>>32749715
A lot of muzzle flip. The bore axis is high. It's heavy but not so much it kills you to hold it out and fire it.

>>32749804
>hard pressed to find
Nonsense. Over a million were made. You can find a dozen on gunbroker. You just won't find one real cheap.
>>
>>32750001
democrats in which country?
>>
>>32750111
so how did they even produced the pistols in in 19th century? I would just ask mauser to use the same technique to mass produce the gun for standard production run
>>
>>32750111

Accidentally left the cheap/good part out of the post when I moved the youtube link around.
>>
>>32750156
Different wages for craftsmanship obviously.

>ask Mauser to use the same technique
So a lot of gunsmiths doing fitting? There's your money right there.
>>
>>32749804
>vid
>"red 9"
>what looks like an m30 step barrel
Uh.
>>
>>32750196
Ah. You're essentially correct then. Even absolute beaters end up being $600+ because people want them as projects.

There was a totally abused, no-finish, pitted to hell mismatch I saw on gunbroker a while back. I watched it climb from a penny to $700 before the auction was over.
>>
>>32750204
i see now. thanks.
>>
>>32750257
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the design resurrected but it won't happen at a price point that would make most people happy.
>>
I got a C96.
It don't work
Bore is like a sewer pipe
Head space looser than your mom
$200 to get it rebored and chambered
Mechanics are like clockwork and unintuitive

You have to spend more money than you have to get a shooter.
>>
File: WP_20150820_18_24_07_Pro.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150820_18_24_07_Pro.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>32750362
Forgot pic
The fedora of guns
>>
>>32750001
Actually it's because it's wholly fucking impractical when you can easily fit a cartridge that size in a detachable magazine in a grip, making for a much more balanced and efficient gun.

>>32750111
>You'd lose a ton of money if it was a quality product
Honestly, you could pretty easily save money by simplifying the design a lot, the FCG can be dumbed down significantly, the magazine can be redone in an easier way.

As long as it looks the same on the outside I don't think people will be concerned, in fact, many would welcome it.
>>
>>32750156
I'm sure Mauser is still sitting on the tooling for a weapon that ceased being commercially viable 60 years ago.
>>
>>32750978
I suspect that if the design is different you'd lose a certain percentage of your prospective market. For something so niche (it's not for hunting, it's not for carry, etc) that'd restrict the already small pool of potential sales out of profitability. See also that HMG Stg-44 repro. There's always someone saying they're not interested because it's not an exact copy.

>>32750992
Pretty sure the Allies burned the fucking factory. It's why there's no good data on serial number ranges.
>>
>>32750978
Forgot to mention: any updated version won't have the stock allowed. The c96 is exempted basically because it's too old for the ATF to care.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.