[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a Cold War Gone Hot scenario look like if it took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3145.jpg (207KB, 804x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3145.jpg
207KB, 804x471px
What would a Cold War Gone Hot scenario look like if it took place in the 60's?
>>
>>32747543
Very hot
>>
>>32747543
what? The Cold War did go hot in the 60's
>Viet fucking Nam.

We werent fighting the USSR but we were fighting commies.

lets say for the sake of the world we dont go nuclear and its a ground and air war.

It would probably look like WWII as far as scenery but with the Guns we associate with vietnam along side the guns of WWII.(which is pretty much vietnam).

The states would probably take the western front becauser.
>china
>Russia
>Vietnam
>Korea
and every other chink eyed bastard who didnt like us.

i think a Japanese/American Navy would be nearly unstoppable. It would be a downright gorgeous war.
>>
>>32747618
>western front
i meant Pacific front. Which in a way i suppose is the western front.
>>
>>32747543
>in the 60's?
USSR sweeps west to the Atlantic within 72 hours.
USA attempts to nuke the entire continent of Europe, and eats several ICBMs launched from Soviet territory at its cities.
>>
File: 1479961717677.jpg (37KB, 540x431px) Image search: [Google]
1479961717677.jpg
37KB, 540x431px
>>32747618
What the fuck am I reading?

>i think a Japanese/American Navy would be nearly unstoppable.
Fuck off, battleship autist
>>
>>32747638
whats your problem with it?
>>
>>32747678
for one the japanese didn't have much of a navy in the 1960s. two is that you're a weeb faggot.
>>
File: 9bdd48_200828.jpg (96KB, 1238x864px) Image search: [Google]
9bdd48_200828.jpg
96KB, 1238x864px
>>32747733
>for one the japanese didn't have much of a navy in the 1960s. two is that you're a weeb faggot.
Their navy wasnt a full fledge war machine but because of help from the US they werrent bull shitting. Also The US would be more than willing to build up the JSDF.

Also Im not a weeaboo im just a guy who likes a good war in the orient.

but one more thing, why are you complaning and calling people weeaboo on a anime imageboard website.
>inb4 this is a /k/ not /a/ or any of the other japenese culture boards.
you should know that 4chan is a anime imageboard that has other diverging board.

So you /k/ isnt just a weapons board its a weapons board for people who like anime.
>>
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0096340212464364
The Cuban Missile Crisis: A nuclear order of battle, October and November 1962
Robert S. Norris and Hans M. Kristensen

Looks like the US had the first strike advantage on the Soviet Union when it goes real hot. I don't doubt that Soviet Forces Germany and all would have made it to the Rhine within a week and could have made retaliatory second strikes all over Europe with nuclear and chemical weapons but, the USSR and China would have been a total ruin. Meanwhile in the US we'd probably be sitting pretty with only 500Mts of nuclear detonations wiping out most of our population. The after effects of such a war are still unknown (as in atmospheric particle causing nuclear winter which I think is probable)
>>
>>32747859
>Im not a weeaboo
hmm, sure gaijen-kun. the fact is that the IJN was fucking wiped out and they didn't even have sailors who could man capital ships if for some reason the USA gave them such ships.
>>
>>32747911
>gaijen-kun
i had to go look that shit up.

> IJN was fucking wiped out and they didn't even have sailors who could man capital ships if for some reason the USA gave them such ships.
anon, google is one click away. please use it.
>>
>>32747543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vak5wMaRlx4
>>
>>32747543
Europe is a glowing hellhole destroyed by medium range missiles. No one nuked Berlin though, it'll be basically a citystate. The armies don't really matter in the end.

USSR ceases to exist. It'll take weeks for some form of civil leadership to emerge from bunkers after the bombardment stops to negotiate some sort of peace.

US had the first strike advantage due to massive superiority in ICBM numbers. In 1962 the USSR had barely a dozen missiles capable of reaching the continental US. Bombers will reach northern cities and ravage Canada, but they will eventually stop coming. Meanwhile US bombers will have basically free reign over the USSR as radar sites, airfields etc have already been destroyed with missiles.

China stays neutral and becomes the economic powerhouse of the world. The US is under martial law for the next decade and will lose some 50-70 million people but eventually recover. Europe will be a complete mess, with most refugees heading to the Nordic states.
Overall death count after all the bombs, fighting, famines and disease will be around a billion.
>>
>>32747543
>What would a Cold War Gone Hot scenario look like if it took place in the 60's?
USSR would kick the shit outta US. Soviet were far ahead in missile technologies, ASM were deadly and in that time there was no effective way to intercept them.
>>
assuming no nukes the soviets would steamroll all of europe. the us would bombard the soviets with naval and air supermacy.
>>
>>32747543

option number 1) Cuba: thermonuclear -hot.

option number 2) Korea round #2: the whole peninsula bombed back to stone age, no-one want to win badly enough to risk going nuclear.

option number 3) Israel: conventional war turned nuclear, oil crisis coming few years early thanks to Middle-Eastern oil (or what's left of it after the oilfields stop burning-) being irradiated.

option number 4) Germany: conventional war turned thermonuclear -hot.
>>
>>32748412
>tfw we didn't bombed them while we were still able to
>>
Before Airland Battle wasn't the general idea that the soldiers in Europe were a speedbump to buy time for bombers?
>>
>>32747911
#1 Navy; United States
#2 Navy; Japan

True to this day. No combination of other forces then or now could defeat the two together.
>>
wed all be glass statues
>>
>>32747543
Soviets would steamroll Europe and than get BTFO by US massive numerical advantage in nuclear bombers (up to 6 to 1). Europe and the USSR would be gone for the cost of 5 digits american lives.
>>
>>32747618
>i think a Japanese/American Navy would be nearly unstoppable. It would be a downright gorgeous war.

If it took place in the 60s, would Japan even have any battleships? We neutered them pretty severely in the years after the war, and it seems unlikely that just a decade and a half later (after nuking them, destroying their emperor's legitimacy, forcing a new constitution on them, and destroying like 99% of their military wares) that they'd be really interested in joining another war with us. Not to mention the many WWII vets suddenly forced to fight right next to the slant eyed fucks that killed their buddies not long ago. Or kids fighting next to the kids of soldiers who killed their dads.
>>
Like Threads but Sheffield starts off in mildly better condition.
>>
>>32747618
>he doesnt know that china and the soviets hated each other for most of the 60s.
>he doesnt know that china probably killed more russians in the sino soviet border conflict than the US did the entire cold war
fuck even the fucking writers of red dawn knew this shit.
>>
>>32753763
Cheeky fucker
>>
>>32753844
Not most of the 60s, the Sino-Soviet split didn't occur until the end of the decade.
>>
>>32752264
You know the had the best ant air defense in the world at the time right?
>>
File: bombs away lemay.jpg (200KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
bombs away lemay.jpg
200KB, 600x739px
The Cuban Missile Crisis becomes the Cuban Missile War which spirals into >>32748412
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.