[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compact weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1237364810397.jpg (33KB, 800x347px) Image search: [Google]
1237364810397.jpg
33KB, 800x347px
I have a thing for compact weapons, mostly sawed off rifle. So are there notable disadvantages on the full size ones? How hard is it to saw off yourself a normal rifle into a compact one? My country is not that much into gun culture so I dont think theres a lot of options to get it done.
>>
>>32744743
Step 1: Acquire hacksaw
Step 2: Start cutting
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Fireball!
>>
>>32744743
Looks cool but is actually useless in terms of achieving the rounds full potential(depending on the rifle). Just get a scorpion.
>>
>>32744743

kek, around here, you'd be legally fucked to cut down a long gun, and pretty much destroy any value it might have had.
>>
>>32744743
>What are disadvantages of cut down rifle

Your muzzle velocity is going to be ass because the barrel is way shorter and the rifle rounds have relatively slow burning powder that needs that full barrel length to finish accelerating the bullet.

So you're gonna shoot a huge fireball when all that unburnt powder goes out the end of the muzzle and THEN ignites, and get pistol velocity projectiles or worse.

Not the end of the world, and if all you wanna do is play with it on the range anyway then it doesn't really matter.

>How hard is it to do?

Get yourself a hacksaw and make sure to clean up the end of the barrel when you're done

Sights mite be a little harder but you're not going to be shooting these things at any kind of range anyway
>>
Rifle powder is slow burning. You're wasting a lot of the bullet's potential ballistics by sawing the barrel short.

But if you just want to look cool then do whatever you want.
>>
File: demon-10.jpg (161KB, 800x968px) Image search: [Google]
demon-10.jpg
161KB, 800x968px
I dont want them to end like pic related
>>32744810
I will never be able to find a mosin or m1 in my country.
>>32744820
If I put a suppressor on it or cut it not really small will it fix that?
>>32744822
There are no gun ranges where I live and I will need to go to a deserted terrain where no one hears it to shoot it, or use it for self defense/decoration.
>>
>>32744743
>are there notable disadvantages on the full size ones?
when you remove the stock you remove the ability to aim it and considering you cut the fron sight off too your new pistol is impossible to aim. youve taken a rifle that could easily hit anything at 100 meters or more and made it a gun with a practical range of 10 meters maybe 15 if you got really good with it.
>>
>>32744994
Whats a good compact/semicompact rifle or weapon, pistols are good but I wont be shooting them much and they are not that aesthethically pleasing.
>>
>>32745137
you need to keep the stock
chop the barrel however you want but the stock is important
>>
>>32744896

Suppressor probably doesn't help much, it has to vent the gas. If you don't cut it down super duper short then your losses will be minimal.

Having a short barreled rifle isn't the end of the world if you have to actually shoot someone with it, I think, but it'll depend on caliber.

If you need to be able to hide it to transport it you might look at bullpups or folding stocks. Not the same aesthetic, but enables you to retain some of the barrel length that makes rifles better than pistols at pretty much everything but concealability
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.