[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

star wars universe on gun rights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Alright so we all know about the star wars trilogy and the universe about star wars so while it is fun to watch I have a question.

What is gun culture like and what gun laws like in star wars and also what views did the rebels and the empire had on gun culture?

Which side was pro gun rights and which side was anti gun rights?

I need to know this.
>>
>>32743282
The Empire allowed civilians to own certain types of blasters, but planets also had their own laws and regulations about them. I think Han's blaster was illegal for civilian ownership along with things like the E11, but there were plenty of options that your average space citizen could buy and carry if the planet allowed.
>>
>>32743346
han solo was a smuggler everything he did was illegal
>>
I'm pretty sure lightsabers are illegal too - or at least the crystals used inside them to project the lasers.

Idk I haven't been into star wars since episode 4.
>>
>>32743366
Well yeah but his specific model of blaster was illegal to own.
>>
>>32743346
So basically it was like giant Space America?
>>
>>32743404
Kind of. This technically isn't canon, but it's the blaster laws of the Galactic Republic http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster_Control_Act
>>
>>32743282
>england
>assault knife
>latex choking hazard
>improvised bike chain mass murder whip

pick one
>>
>>32743462
Actually disregard this, it's not from the "official" SW wiki
>>
Bump

So what was the rebel's view on gun rights and gun ownership and what was the empire's view on it as well?
>>
>>32743480
Dont forget hes got two count em two bike wheels
>>
>>32743958
"Why do any of you have blasters if you're not a member of the planetary defence force? What could you possibly need a death machine like that for? Shit like this is the reason why my wife's son is afraid he'll get shot merely for the crime of riding a speeder while being half-twi'lek.

You don't need a military assault blaster to hunt math hounds with!"
>>
>>32743987
Would have given a lung to have had a bike with two proper wheels as a kid.
Asbestos took that out of my hands though.
>>
>>32743282
The fact that that the star wars is at right now I will note out that on the rebel sides they actually are pro for regulated ownership of weapons instead of unregulated since one of their views are this.

"Unregistered and unregulated weapons are dangerous and the evil people will take glee into this while the good people supports registered and regulated weapons for the greater good."

Meanwhile the empire literally did not give a fuck as long you weren't a rebel or a convict.
>>
File: Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg (122KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
Uk_6dcdac_5646276.jpg
122KB, 600x803px
>>32744086
Give a guy a bike wheel, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.
>>
>>32745168
Can anyome actually go look for evidence and bring it up on here rather or not the rebels are actually against gun rights.
>>
File: 1440142544271.jpg (220KB, 1183x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1440142544271.jpg
220KB, 1183x1640px
>>32745208

Heh...Hard Boiled reference...
>>
>>32745241
the rebels were anti deathstar.
that says it all.
im sure the empire wouldnt have given 2 fucks if the rebels or anyone else bought their own deathstar.
anyone rich enough to build a deathstar should be allowed to own one.
>>
>>32743282
Depends on where you live. On the densely populated planets you can own 'sporting blasters' which are moderately less powerful than normal blasters if you have a license (still powerful to kill quite easily and they have stun settings for less-than-lethal).
For most anyone who wants to protect themselves these Sporting Blasters are the go to choice because they're affordable, effective, and legal just about everywhere, usually available at about 400 credits (assume 1 credit equal one dollar) + about 40 Credits for the license.
Full blasters are technically restricted to those who can demonstrate a need for them (I.e. Police, security officers, military, and the like) but these restriction typically only apply to the core world systems. If you live in the mid rim or outer rim very few cops are seriously going to give a shit if you're toting a blaster pistol or a sporting blaster pistol.
Hold-out blasters (think derringer of blasters) are illegal in most places in the core worlds due to their small size and easily concealable nature, and they're mostly carried by criminals and spies. Even then you can still get them but finding the legal loopholes is a bitch and the licenses cost more than the guns themselves
Repeating blasters fall into the "you need to demonstrate a need before they'll give you a license", with the exception of heavy repeaters which are prohibited from civilian usage.
Slug weapons are treated basically the same as blasters for restrictions and licensing.
The further you go from the galactic core the less restrictive the laws become, and eventually they essentially disappear. If you live of Coruscant you'll have cops heckling you every time you open carry your stun blaster but on Tatooine you can stomp around with an E-Webb heavy repeater over your back and nobody gives a shit (or at least nobody has the inclination to challenge you about it)
Knives and batons are generally fine. Lightsabers are also fine if you're a Jedi.
>>
>>32743403
I don't think his DL-44 was illegal, but the modifications he did to it were.
>>
>>32743282
EU it was often like Batman if they bothered with it, depends on the writer. Most of the time they never actually stuck their dick in that arena though. Most indicators of imperial gun laws came out of the games and flavor text and just the plain fact that average people are regularly seen armed to some degree.

There were always a few specifically banned weapons and modifications but never really a galactic level control, mostly left to planets to decide outside of imperial equipment and those few specific weapons such as disruptors. I would assume the rebels are generally not pro-control on the simple grounds that you can't fight a rebellion with not but your dicks in your hands. Ton of worlds all about them free market blastergats though. Han Solo's DL-44 was illegally modified and as a result capable of being quite powerful compared to a normal DL-44. Most banned weapons were already banned during the republic as well, usually associated with assassination and espionage. If the name of the weapon specifically includes "Bothan" it's a safe bet it's illegal. Gun rights were not really the focus of the GCW so pro or anti gun side is not really a thing. I suppose you could say the empire is more anti simply because they're willing to disarm a populace if it's getting uppity but at the same time it's only really in response to that. Other than that Alderaan had a complete and total weapons ban on world and it was technically a rebel world.

For the current universe I have no doubts the rebels are pro-control noting who's in charge of canon, good guys can't like guns in the hands of the public right? Pretty sure the Empire has a MUCH bigger possession ban in the disneyverse but until I look into the DV state of the galaxy more that's speculation.
>>
>>32743958
I imagine they're pretty pro-gun seeing as how they overthrew a government by force
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.