[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

savage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3775.jpg (32KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3775.jpg
32KB, 200x200px
what are the pros/cons of a savage bolt action rifle?
>>
Generally without knowing model:

Pros:
Good trigger
Accurate
Affordable

Cons:
Not very good magazines
Crappy stocks
>>
>>32741700
depends on which model. What is your price range?
>>
>>32741700
bolt has lots of parts, but you shouldn't be disassembling bolts
>>
>>32741700

Less plastic parts then a Rem.

EXCELENTLY balanced for carrying (but thats the Savage secret claim to fame.

They've been helping people kill deer accurately for long enough that they should have a patent.

I love Savages (that's a pro)

Amazing woodwork, if you are into that.

Excellent price point.
>>
Low price, shoot well. Ugly, not a smooth bolt (I'm used to tikka but own both)
>>
>>32741700
can somebody explain this image?
>>
>>32746524
double stack mag too thick for single stack magwell
>>
>>32746630
is the trap's penis supposed to be the double stack mag?
>>
>>32746821
Fuck you nigger
>>
I have an 11 TH

Good rifle, accurate, for the $600 TH combo package it was an amazing deal. Stock feels chinsy but has aluminum pillars.
Bolt was the best feeling of the price point when I got mine. Nikon scope is good, even though it's BDC. Accutrigger is nice, and can be improved if you so desire. You can find spare mags for $5 or less at pawn shops (I have 5 now)

cons: shit plastic mag that everyone hates because it eats fingers and sucks to load so they replace it with an AR mag and pawn it.
>>
>>32747021
To follow up, as a light game/varmint rifle my 11 in 223remshit is good. extremely comfortable to shoulder carry all day on the trail compared to other rifles even with the military style sling. I shoot off my pack so single front swivel is a non issue.
>>
>>32741700
>pros
Cheaper than most other options of the same quality
The single best factory production trigger going
Accurate
>cons
Ugly (bolt shroud looks like a tumor)
90* bolt throw can lead to scope clearance issues
Super bendy stocks (this is a recurring complaint across most modern synthetic stocks though)
Mags suck and are expensive (this is a recurring complaint across most modern bolt guns though)

Howa is doing their damndest to unseat Savage as the price:performance king, but Savage is still a good choice.
>>
>>32747037
Oh man that bolt throw can be annoying. My 111 TH with the nikon scope on 9x puts the big ridge where my thumb will be. Work the bolt fast and I slightly smash my thumb

>>32741700
Like others said, light, good trigger, accurate, and affordable. I really do appreciate how light it is, got a lot of shit for the synthetic stock but shouldering it for a day was a breeze. Got my 111 on sale for $430.
>>
>>32741700
Mostly they're entry-level rifles that don't cost a lot and you get a lot for your money.
Really decent triggers, ok-to-good accuracy, not a quick action on the bolt but they are quite strong and tend to have cheapish stocks on the budget guns.
>>
>>32747037
own a savage 10, the mags are fucking terrible. everything else is pretty good
>>
>>32747021
How is the Nikon, and what kind of groups do you get? Thinking of picking up one on .308 as a backup/pig gun and couldn't find many decent reviews on the TH XP package.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.