[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is DA/SA dead? No popular carry guns or guns in general these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

File: _0.jpg (115KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
_0.jpg
115KB, 768x1024px
Is DA/SA dead?

No popular carry guns or guns in general these days are DA/SA, even CZs newest pistol launch is striker and Sigs military pistol is striker.

Have Glock fags convinced everyone that a 5 pound trigger pull with no safety is the perfect option for everyone?
>>
>>32741553
I have masturbated to Anzu's collarbones.

I will do so again now, thanks OP.
>>
File: 1458987226492.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1458987226492.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>Have Glock fags convinced everyone that a 5 pound trigger pull with no safety is the perfect option for everyone?

I am a huge advocate of DA/SA and regularly shoot my P226.

I do carry a Glock 19 with a gadget scd on the way that gives me the safety of a DA/SA without the excess weight or bulk of what you would typically find on a DA/SA gun.

There is still a market for DA/SA guns like the Legion line of Sigs, Wilson Combat and the new PX4 Compact Carry that I'm on the fence on getting.
>>
File: 90FB323F0DF648AEB3D6649102BA2C3F.jpg (282KB, 1280x887px) Image search: [Google]
90FB323F0DF648AEB3D6649102BA2C3F.jpg
282KB, 1280x887px
>>32741651
All those guns are Xbox hueg for carry. Maybe you can get away with aiwb in baggy clothing but it's not going to work like a single stack 9

>>32741612
Anzu for cute not sexual
>>
>>32741682
I don't give a FUCK nigga
>>
File: 1453869754960.jpg (51KB, 719x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453869754960.jpg
51KB, 719x600px
>>32741682
I do carry AIWB with my Glock 19 without having to dress around it.

I was looking hard at the PX4 Compact because it's the same size as the Glock 19 but a tad thicker in width. One thing I love about DA/SA is that I can REALLY appreciate a nice trigger on them, I have no qualms with actually shooting DA/SA.

Just bought my Glock 19 a few weeks ago but I want to order a mod 2 PX4 here, so so bad.

https://robarguns.com/pro-shop/product/beretta-px4-compact-carry-pre-order/
>>
>>32741682
>Sig P239
>HK P30SK/P2000SK
>CZ RAMI
>Xbox hueg
>>
The Beretta Px4 gets a lot of shit but I have one in compact and I love the trigger on it. I really wish I could have the same kind of trigger for all my handguns.
>>
>>32741737
Too much money damn.

>>32741744
I was talking about the guns he specifically referenced in his post you retard
>>
File: 1453946312849.jpg (64KB, 749x779px) Image search: [Google]
1453946312849.jpg
64KB, 749x779px
>>32741759
>Too much money damn.

It is. While it's a good value, I am probably going to settle with buying a standard compact for $450-$500, getting low profile control levers for it and upgrading the sights.

I just want that silky smooth custom 9lb DA trigger from the Carry version.
>>
>>32741759
The Legion P229 and the Wilson Combat Compact Carry are short enough to conceal fine with a shirt as long as you're not using something stupid like a sticky holster or OWB.

G19 requires more careful holster selection, but isn't an undue burden. Same with the PX4 Compact.

Not everyone needs a subcompact singlestack for James Bond tuxedo carry.
>>
>>32741758
Out of all the things I like about my PX4, the trigger wouldn't be one of them. It's passable, but too gritty for me, even after thousands of rounds.
>>
>>32741817
I wear clothes that actually fit and don't layer a fuck ton

I just don't see how any of those guns are going to be realistically and easily concealed under a t shirt.
>>
>>32741553
Double action is garbage. Glock triggers are garbage. Single action triggers weighing no more than 4 lbs are the only way to go.
>>
File: anzu_179.jpg (540KB, 2198x2016px) Image search: [Google]
anzu_179.jpg
540KB, 2198x2016px
>>32741834
1911 cuck
>>
>>32741829
>I just don't see how any of those guns are going to be realistically and easily concealed under a t shirt.

A good AIWB holster from JM Custom or Custom Carry Concepts. They have a neoprene wedge option that gets the grip tucked into your body.
>>
>>32741895
Not carrying aiwb anyway
>>
>>32741829
Carrying either appendix 1-2 o' clock or IWB 3:30-5 o'clock instead of directly at 3. The former is how people conceal G17s under a t-shirt, the latter was accepted quite well in the 1980s and 1990s for concealing full size Government 1911s.

Both make concealing midsize compacts and subcompacts effortless.

>>32741781
>low profile levers $75
>Tritium sights $100
>Talon grips $17
>Extra mag $35
>Competition trigger group $115

$342 in aftermarket upgrades already installed on a $800 gun. Not a bad deal at all considering the time you save not installing all of it yourself.
>>
File: 1470573601280.jpg (654KB, 1200x671px) Image search: [Google]
1470573601280.jpg
654KB, 1200x671px
>>32741958
It also has a cerakoted slide, $50 off a Langdon class and iirc, three different sight heights so you can see what kind of POA/POI you prefer.
>>
File: Cvgr6GJW8AAJEGb.jpg (164KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cvgr6GJW8AAJEGb.jpg
164KB, 900x1200px
>>32741958
I like idea of about a 4:30 to 5 o clock carry

I can sit if the barrel isn't long, conceals pretty easy, can draw away from a threat while using my left hand to hold or restrain if need be etc.

The only downside is it's a little slower than aiwb
>>
>>32741612

it is female isn't it?
>>
>>32742010
Cerakote is cosmetic, $50 off a Langdon class is immaterial for someone on /k/ that might not care about training classes, and you mean the three different size magazine release buttons, not sight heights. Makes it an even better deal for people that want them though.

>>32742015
Main hazard is if you slip and fall backwards, hopefully the barrel is clear of your spine/tailbone. Otherwise you're in for some serious injury and possibly permanent disability.
>>
>>32742051
I don't understand why slipping and falling would cause the gun to go off or why that would happen?

The barrel is going to be around my buttcheek not pointing into my spine
>>
>>32742025
Anzu confirmed female

source:
irl friendo
>>
>>32742063
If you slam your body weight against a gun pressed to your lower back or spine, it's going to break something.

I'm not talking about an ND.
>>
>>32742082
I can't see that happening especially since it's not resting on my spine and the guns grip is going to distribute the force instead of it focused on one super tiny area.
>>
>>32741553
A consistent trigger is good. I hate these stupid "trigger safeties" though. Just put a normal thumb safety on so I can actually put it in the holster without having to wotry about clothing or whatever getting caught and blowing a hole in my femoral artery.

There are times when you may need to quickly holster to use your hands or set your gun down on a surface. With a Glock, the safety is the holster and that makes it a very non-versatile gun.
>>
>>32742078

good enough for me
>>
>>32742088
It's mainly an issue for people carrying directly at 6 (Don't do this) or for people that carry 5 inch barrel 1911s that are angled so far forward that the front of the slide is right over the spine.
>>
>>32742112
Jesus well I am definitely not doing either of those.

6 o clock would be a bitch to reach. I've had no problems with 5 o clock owb though. Have yet to try iwb at all.
>>
>>32741682
Well, that's why I just use the P226 as my open carry service pistol, as an officer of the law, dedicated to serve and protect even disgusting degenerates like you
>>
>>32741849
Not an argument.
>>
>>32742051
Agreed on the cerakote, I could do without it but apparently PX4's don't have that good of a finish.

I'm planning on taking a class with Ernest Langdon at the end of the year, that or taking a class with Tom Givens in a few months. I doubt anyone here on /k/ will actually buy the Compact Carry anyways.

But for here on the sights. I'm not entirely sure if they actually went through with including three different rear sights though.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19/page112

>The plan is for Ameriglo to offer them. I know they are just trying to meet delivery on the Beretta order right now, but I am sure they will stock them. The cool thing is that they are going to have three different height rear sights so you will be able to tune the point of impact to your liking. I think that is really cool
>>
>>32742158
It's not mentioned on the Robar page, I think Ameriglo might plan to sell two other heights on their site to swap out with the factory default.
>>
>>32742140
Youre only dedicated to response not to protect me. Also you enforce privacy invasions and unconstitutional gun laws.

It takes cops an upwards of 10 minutes to reach where I live. I have never had to call the police or had them help me with anything or protect me.
>>
File: p7.png (1MB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
p7.png
1MB, 1100x733px
>>32742102
I just there was a pistol with something that requires less training than carrying cocked and locked, but has a better system of safety than just relying on a "trigger safety".

A modern rendition of pic related would be the shit.
>>
>>32742088
It's a non issue. 4-5 o'clock is the best method of carry. You can grab it with either hand (assuming you're not a fatty), it conceals well, it's comfy when sitting, it's not pointed at your dick (most of you put the gun on while it's holstered, you will have to put the gun back in the holster if you ever actually use it), and you can do the "here take my wallet!" draw.

If I were to fall on it I might end up with a bruise on the back of my hip. It's nowhere near the spine.
>>
>>32742387
Also I'll throw in a life hack: if you have to draw with your opposite hand and you are retarded enough to carry appendix, draw with your left hand, bring the gun up to your chest and roll it over with the slide pressed against your body until it's gripped properly. Alternately you could sandwich it between your legs and re-grip.

Stuff you should think about. Not as easy and just reaching far behind your back and drawing lefty.
>>
>>32742387
Yeah but you have to wear fatty shirts or tuck your shirt in, no thanks.
>>
>>32742426
Are you seriously implying one can't get a proper grip with their left hand straight from the holster carrying aiwb?
>>
>>32742173
>9000 times this.
>>
>>32742500
He's fat anon. He can't.
>>
>>32742574
>>32742500
Are y'all retarded

It's about having to twist your wrist to grip with the bottom of the mag pointing to the right not about being fat
>>
>>32741553
nigga revolvers ain't dead. Motherfucking break actions aren't dead. Fucking cannons aren't dead. Things with history do not die in the gun world. Retarded flash in the pan shit like the zip 22 or the taurus curve die.
>>
>>32742380

xd is striker fired with grip safety
>>
File: 1470925143822.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470925143822.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>32742380
That's why I'm getting pic for my Glock 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t69VcNx-58
>>
File: H&R 999.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
H&R 999.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>32743170
>Break actions are not dead

Damn right they aren;t.
>>
>>32743170
Most new revolvers coming out are DA only, and it's usually lighter than traditional DA. Aka a consistent medium trigger pull.

I think there might actually be a time when an enthusiast picks up an old gun and goes "wtf, why was the first trigger pull different than the rest?"

>>32743345
That might give you a training scar. I use guns with thumb safeties so I'm used to flipping it off/on, not putting my thumb behind the slide. It's good if you're used to exposed hammer guns though, where you jam your thumb behind the hammer and holster.

It does however negate the tactic of putting your thumb behind the slide to reseat the round if someone's too close and the gun goes out of battery. Something to consider. You can get the cominolli thumb safety and have no downsides.
>>
File: Yum.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yum.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
>>32741553
>Have Glock fags convinced everyone

Or maybe, ya know, tons of real world data and testimonials from thousands of experts and professionals whose lives depend on them. But fuck that amirite?

> that a 5 pound trigger pull with no safety is the perfect option for everyone?

Maybe not for everyone, but for a no frills combat handgun, you can't deny its superiority. Consistent trigger pull makes it easier to train with and less likely to throw the first shot, and in a gunfight mechanical safeties are another layer of unnecessary manipulations that could hinder getting the weapon into the fight.

>>32742102
>There are times when you may need to quickly holster to use your hands
I'm calling bullshit. If the fight is on, the gun stays in your hands, in a condition ready to be used immediately. Period. If the fight is over, you're telling me you can't spare the extra 1-2 seconds it might take you to properly clear your holster? Or setting the gun down... it only takes a second to drop the mag and clear the chamber, but why would you ever surrender control of your weapon in a live environment anyway? This post reeks of inexperience or overthinking to the point of absurdity.
>>
>>32744674
>That might give you a training scar.

I have no picture in my 4gb reaction folder that would properly illustrate the amount of retardation that post is. Please stop talking out of your ass, thanks.
>>
>>32744698
Why not have a heavier trigger then? Historically 5 pounds and no safety is pretty damn bad.

I could understand an 8 pound. More like DAO then but better.

I don't like mechanical safeties either generally.
>>
File: tatts.jpg (234KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tatts.jpg
234KB, 600x900px
>>32744917
http://www.vickerstactical.com/trigger-pull-weight.html
tl'dr It essentially comes down to a somewhat arbitrary number that experts agree is both light enough to not require excess pressure to use in a fight, but not so light as to be especially prone to NDs.

Of course, this a personal thing and the nice thing about Glocks and their clones is that there are affordable aftermarket options to customize the pull weight to your preference.
>>
>>32745055
Even Vickers stands by an "arbitrary" number of over 4 pounds.

I think Glocks coming out stock at about 5 pounds is super low especially for he average gun buyer. Not very many people are going to fuck with their fire control group
>>
>>32744698
>This post reeks of inexperience

We were taught to quickly holster in police academy actually, pretty sure I have more training than you, BUD. It's a real tactic. For me in case I have to handcuff, but for the typical person in case they have to hop a wall or give someone medical care.

What you're saying would make sense if hardXcore glockperators didn't spew shit like this:
>https://youtu.be/a3KQBJdgTPc
So no I guess you don't clear before holstering... I was taught the same way, so if my uniform comes untucked in a fight and I go to holster, bad news I guess. Well it would have been bad news if I didn't overthink things and heal that training scar.
>>
Good quality DAO triggers will hopefully make the need for that nil soon enough
>>
File: pmc action figure.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pmc action figure.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
>>32745135
>“Three pounds, crisp, is the word.” -Jeff Cooper

I think it's pretty subjective. That said, you make a good point about untrained users and its a big reason every serious gun owner or instructor can't stress enough the importance and value of training.
>>
>>32744799
So wait, you think about everything you do before you do it?

Nope, that's not how your brain works, especially not under stress when you're shitting a purple twinkie. When you draw your brain thinks back to when it learned to draw, and the hundred other times you drew. That's how a "training scar" forms, you trained the wrong way and now you do it that way every time.

That's an actual term used by state POST certified firearms and defensive tactics instructors. I swear to the gods if you criticize my advice again I'll never give you fags good tactical advice again. Try me.
>>
File: ichiro.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
ichiro.gif
3MB, 280x210px
>>32745250
You are aware there is no national standard, right BUD? Different instructors teach different tactics, and some of them are outdated or outright bad (like in your case). I learned things differently at FLETC than I was taught in the military. If you are a professional, its up to you to do your own homework and get training from more than one source.
>>
>>32741829
>concealed under a t shirt
I can easily conceal P226 Legion in a Mini Wing at 3 o'clock, even my family can't say if it is there or not

>layer
Just untuck the shirt and be done with it.

Thank God people in US are not as "fashion conscious" as in other places, and you can wear whatever the fuck you like however the fuck you like. With notable exceptions that, come to think of it, kinda overlap cuck states where it's a pain to carry anyway.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.