[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Lethals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Fox Labs.jpg (136KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Fox Labs.jpg
136KB, 1155x1155px
Do you carry a non-lethal weapon with you for confrontations? I am very passive and someone approached my girlfriend at the bar and this situation followed

>be at the bar with girlfriend sitting next to me
>we are drinking and making some good conversation minding our own business
>hammered manlet comes up to my gf who is sitting next to me on the bar stool and hovers over her
>"hey sweetheart my friend was" (don't hear the rest)
>he tries to talk to her again and he's close to her in her ear
>I get up
>say "Hey I don't think she cares dude" or something similar
>I'm not huge i DYEL, just a little bigger than this guy so I put my hand on pic related in my pocket ready to draw pic related (I could take him probably but I would rather not, I'm obviously not trying to start a fight and swing on the guy but i'm not going to run away like a cuck)
>Him: "I realize you might be together but my friend said he was not attractive so I wanted her to give her opinion on weather he's attractive or-"
>"We're together and she doesn't care so go away, we're just trying to be left alone"
>he apologizes and fucks off
>Got laid pretty good after we got home

Obviously this situation doesn't really call for deadly force and I "wasn't totally trying to diffuse" by walking away. Do you carry a non-lethal for such situations? Obviously i'm not looking for somebody to blast with pepper spray or a firearm though. You could say I escalated and I'm really not a fighter at all, but I'm not going to be so passive that I let shit like that happen.
>>
>Begin arguing with someone in a bar
>Immediately sticks hand in pocket

That sounds like a real good way to get stabbed by some jittery drunk because you couldn't even tell someone non-threatening to fuck off in a semi-civil manner. Also, the way you put this shit together is annoying to read. The fuck is this, a blog? You're coming out of the gate trying to justify your shit. Like fuck, get to the goddamn point already, because it sounds like you spewed this shit out before you even sobered up
>>
>>32735701
>non-lethal weapons
That's asking to get fucked in court. A fistfight in a bar will get you a slap on the wrists at best of the cops get involved. Using a weapon, even mace, makes it all really murky if the law is involved. A good philosophy for fights is to only pull weapons when your life is in danger, and then you kill the person endangering you. No non-vitial shots, no shooting to wound, you kill them.
>>
>>32735765
>That sounds like a real good way to get stabbed by some jittery drunk

For pretty much minding my own business? Ok but i did nothing wrong
>>
>>32735789
The first fucking thing you did was start sticking hands in pockets. You fucking think people are blind? I bet you money he noticed that. You're not as slick as you think you are. If that guy was looking to hand out trouble, he could have taken that as a threat or whatever and decided to give you some. People don't "I'm obviously not trying to start a fight" by advertising that they're armed when there's not even the slightest threat.

>>32735771
There's something you got wrong
You say you're supposedly bigger than him, but the first fucking thing you do is start rooting around for something that will definitely escalate the situation.

What you did wrong was be retarded then write up retarded shit about it.
>>
File: idiot.png (29KB, 1525x289px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
29KB, 1525x289px
>>32735809
The second post you replied to wasn't even me, I think you're the on that needs to sober up bud. How about you calm yourself and read.
>>
>>32735815
That was me telling you to read his and that what he mentioned was something you did wrong, you dimwit.
>>
>>32735823
>You say you're supposedly bigger than him
>You

>the first fucking thing you do is
>you

Nice backpedal
>>
>>32735833
Forgot to add

>What you did wrong was

Were you referring to
>>32735771
?
>>
>>32735701
>Do you carry a non-lethal weapon with you for confrontations?
Yes I carry my words.
>>
>>32735833
You're obviously pulling shit out of your ass because mace won't work here. Why don't you just stop being a fucking DYEL. That shit wouldn't be pleasant, but it's not going to stop anyone pissed off enough.

My only regret here was that I kept forgetting to sage.
>>
>>32735864
>You're obviously pulling shit out of your ass

You got caught acting like a sperg dude, just cut your losses and stop responding. Also OC is not the same as mace, noguns.
>>
is pocket sand a good non lethal?

i want to have something to protect myself on my walk home from work and i go past some shady lookin places
>>
File: 47728753490345.jpg (29KB, 457x414px) Image search: [Google]
47728753490345.jpg
29KB, 457x414px
>>32735701
Although you think you were doing the smart thing OP you were actually the one escalating the situation. most fist fights in a pub are usually broken up as soon as the first few punches are thrown anyway so I don't why your acting like it's a fucking fight to the death. plus you don't have a clue what his reaction to being mased would be either, he may have cried like a baby or he may have taken it like a champ and then proceeded give you a makeover with his pint glass. maybe you should consider joining some kinda self defence class to get a little confidence in yourself
>>
>>32735916
*maced
>>
>>32735916
I wasn't going to spray him in the face as soon as he swung, but i'm not really trying to stand around an fist fight him. I thought pepper spray was considered non-lethal force pretty much equivalent to throwing a punch.

I mean if I punched someone in the head I wouldn't be surprised to be met with a face full of pepper spray desu
>>
>>32735916
Wow, he's just supposed to sit there while some asshole hits on his chick. Fuck that.
>>
>>32735916
I say if he was minding his own business and some dude comes and eventually gets hostile he'd deserve that mace to the face.

OP talked it out tho , he didn't escalate anything, he was just ready for when it did escalate.
>>
>>32735952
>I thought pepper spray was considered non-lethal force pretty much equivalent to throwing a punch.
You have to check state law regarding self defense but in my state (NY) it's totally legal to mace somebody trying to fight you if you didn't instigate. You didn't draw, you didn't threaten, you just told him to leave, so you'd have been justified here. Bitches need to provide legal source if they're saying shit's illegal
>my source
>S 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article35.htm
>>
>>32735984
>>32736038
He's not supposed to just sit there and let it happen, but it's pretty fucking rude to get ready to draw just because someone is being a drunkard. If I was getting told off by anyone, regardless of the reason why or how much of a pompous self-righteous ass they are, that shit would definitely put me on edge.

OP isn't a goddamn magician, especially not drunk. No sleight of hand bullshit is gonna stop someone from seeing he went straight for something in his pocket the second he had to talk to someone not a part of his safe space.
I guarantee he saw that shit and considered at least for a second whether he should hit you in the face with a bottle or anything nearby before you could pull a switchblade on him. The subtle threat of a weapon WILL put someone in a flight or fight mindset and quite frankly, I think OP is full of shit.

I think he knew damn well the guy would see he was reaching into his pocket and was playing stupid games hoping to bluff his way out of it. It's just too bad he didn't get his stupid prize.
>>
>>32735771
>A good philosophy for fights is to only pull weapons when your life is in danger, and then you kill the person endangering you. No non-vitial shots, no shooting to wound, you kill them.

That's stupid, you're not some Sherlock Holmes character who can predict the outcome of a fight step-by-step, ANY fight you get in can result in a lethal outcome. You shove him, he slips and cracks his head open on the bar counter, you get nailed with manslaughter. You take a swing at him., he pulls a knife and you only notice you're life is in danger when you're bleeding out on the floor with a severed renal artery.

A proper philosophy for fights is to not get into them at all unless there's already a threat to your life, and in that case you draw whatever you have and be pepared to testify in court that you thought the other guy was reaching for a gun.
>>
>>32736094
>it's pretty fucking rude to get ready to draw just because someone is being a drunkard.
You know what's even more rude? Being an obnoxious drunkard and bothering other people.

Sounds to me like you are a drunkard yourself.
>>
First of all, using pepper spray indoors is generally a bad idea as everyone in the room will get exposed, including you and your gf (unless you use foam, but its pretty shit for everything else). This presents a number of problems; you might end up pissing off other patrons who could respond violently, or you could be held liable by management because they may have to close for the night. Also, if you're using stream, you're not supposed to use it in close proximity as it may cause severe eye damage or even blindness to your target, and you may be held liable in a civil suit for improper use.

>I'm not going to be so passive that I let shit like that happen.

Look, if you want to be a tough guy, be prepared to back it up. Pepper spray is not an "I WIN" button, it could take 30 seconds or more to incapacitate, enough time for an attacker to get his hands on you and fuck your shit up. The proper way to use pepper spray is to deploy it and then get the fuck out, so you're going to be running like a bitch anyway, otherwise you risk getting your ass kicked or exposing yourself to civil or criminal charges.

So, to answer your question, personally I do not carry pepper spray because I already carry a pistol. I believe if you're going to carry, there really is no room for a non-lethal option, as any situation that can't be deescalated or escaped from is firmly in 'lethal self-defense' territory. That's a lot of responsibility, because yes, if all other options were exhausted I would take my gf and go somewhere else because I'm a grown ass man; I don't risk getting into fistfights with drunks because I don't know who they're with and what they brought to play with, and my pride is not worth killing someone over, no matter how stupid they are acting.
>>
>>32735771
>That's asking to get fucked in court. A fistfight in a bar will get you a slap on the wrists at best of the cops get involved.

Lol
>>
File: baton.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
baton.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>32735701
I carry one of these since I am not old enough to carry a handgun. also a stun gun is viable unless you run into one of these guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xbLV_NSbk
>>
>>32735984
>someone hits on your woman
>get ready to get into a physical confrontation like a teenage boy
This isn't some 80's action movie dude; you shouldn't get into fights over petty shit to prove how macho you are.
>>
Atomised fentanyl is much more effective than pepper spray. Assuming you can quickly intubate the attacker, they won't suffocate.
>>
File: 1481495525360.jpg (199KB, 640x699px) Image search: [Google]
1481495525360.jpg
199KB, 640x699px
>>32735701
Do you think your gf would tell me if I'm attractive?
>>
>>32739282
It's not like he actually started a fight. If someone's stupid/drunk enough to hit on your girl while you're literally right there, they may very well be stupid/drunk enough to start a fight when you tell them to leave you alone.

OP didn't do anything wrong by putting his hand in a pocket, and whichever autist thinks that putting a hand in your pocket automatically means you have a switchblade is retarded and has never seen a human conversation before.
>>
>>32739351
Not the original anon arguing about pockets but;
Putting your hands into your pockets when situations tense can be seen as having a weapon easily. Where do you think actual criminals hide theirs? I don't think I've actually seen many with holsters.
>>
>>32739363
>Where do you think actual criminals hide theirs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik
>>
I'm a delivery driver and a broke college student
I can't afford a CC permit and class (IL, ~$300), if I even had time for the class
and my employer doesn't allow firearms

so I carry a can of Saber Red pepper spray

there have been a couple robberies in my area, but they were unarmed robberies so I feel reasonably safe with just the spray

plan on getting a permit and carrying despite my employer later
>>
>>32735701
bullshit.

Your story, and that's all it is, is written in a manner that treats your "girlfriend" more as a prop than as a character.

0/10. Apply yourself.
>>
>>32739426
>projecting THIS hard
>>
>>32739363
inside the waistband is pretty common. not all criminals have guns that even fit in a pocket, dude.

anyways the other guy can't have it both ways. either it's a tense situation, which means you should get ready for violence to occur (meaning: be ready to access a weapon), or it's no big deal, in which case nobody is going to think you have a fucking knife when you put your hand in the pocket.
>>
>>32739295
underrated post
>>
>>32735701
why has everyone been acting extra retarded today in the threads?

everyone is super fucking angry or otherwise emotional.
>>
>>32735701
No. I am a large dude, so I assume if somebody physically attacks me they have some sort of plan to really fuck me up, and feel justified in using the knife I always carry, or the gun I carry when not drunk or at work.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.