[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (408KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
408KB, 2304x1536px
I'm turning 21 soon and am looking into getting a carry gun. I'm kind of a small guy and need something that won't be too bulky. I was looking into a Glock 30 but haven't really heard much about it. What does /k/ carry.
>>
if you are a new shooter buy a 9mm that way you can actually afford to practice. carrying a gun you arent proficient it is irresponsible.
glock is fine carry gun.
>>
Ruger Lcp custom. I don't carry legally due to my terrible state's laws so it has to be concealable, which the lcp is.
>>
>>32735705
I'm not inexperienced I'm just looking for a carry gun. I already have a model 10 my dad gave me but it's too big to conceal.
>>
the G30's a good shooting .45 acp.
A little freight horse in the hands, but not as bad as you think.

It is THICK though. Definitely will print if you wear it 4-5 o'clock in only 1 layer of clothing.
>>
>>32735686
>I'm kind of a small guy and need something that won't be too bulky.
This, OP >>32735794
Glock 36 would be even better.
>thin
>.45 acp stopping powah
>6+1 capacity
>can comfortable carry at 6 o'clock /w backup magazine
Not a bad deal if you ask me.
>>
>>32735747
LC9
.380 is shit
>>
>>32736001
Good one. Carry the Lc9 if you want to gain 15 grains of lead for uncontrollable snappy recoil and a bulkier awkward to shoot gun.

Only get a 9mm in full sized. .380 is the cc caliber. .45 is a great cc round in winter but it's al;most impossible to not print when it's the warmer months.
>>
>>32735686

Should look at the g26.

>Can easily conceal.
>recoil is very easy to manage, so really quick follow up shots.
>10+1 for standard mag, you can use the g19, g17 and the 33 round fun stick mag.
>cheaper to shoot.

If you need stopping power, just get some +p hollows.
>>
>>32735747
Are you me?
>>
File: Left Side.jpg (842KB, 2100x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Left Side.jpg
842KB, 2100x1181px
Get the 30S*

Pic related is mine that I carry daily. Comfy, fits all the criteria I want, and it's slimmer than the standard 30. Would recommend over the 36 since it still has the 10+1 capacity.
>>
For a first gun I would err on the smaller side, as it will be more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal. 9mm is also a good place to start.

A couple alternatives to Glock are M&P Shield or Springfield XDS.

Honestly, your best bet is to drive down to your local fun store and finger fuck everything on the shelf. This thing is going to ride on your hip day in and day, its about as personal a decision as picking a good pair of hiking boots; that is we can recommend brands and models but only you're gonna know what will fit you best.
>>
>>32735754
Missing the point entirely. So let me repeat the other anon.
9mm is cheap. Means you can shoot more. Means you can proficient with your weapon.

Shooting is a perishable skill. You need to practice frequently if you're going to carry.
>>
>>32736619

>claims to carry it
>looks like it's never been used.

Do you even train with your gun, or are you one of those fags who never uses his shit?
>>
>>32735686
My top choices were the Sig P938 BRG, CZ 2075 Rami BD (decided not to go with this for sure) and HK P2000SK.

I ultimately went with the HK, but the P938 was a FUCKING FINE choice for me. I compared it to the Glock 43 as well since that was another option, but I dislike striker fired pistols. I like knowing what condition my gun is in at all times. Kinda why I chose the HK, no safety to worry about, no cocking, hammer is down and not back when carrying which I prefer. Just point and pull, condition 0 just like my 229 was. I couldn't carry the P938 comfortably in condition 0 because it's single action.

If you don't have this problem, it's an amazing gun. If you do have this problem, the HK is just as amazing, but not nearly as thin and compact feeling. Glock 43 is fine I guess, so is the 30, but I hear a lot of opinions about the trigger, feed ramp, etc.
>>
>>32737176
>Shooting is a perishable skill
Maybe competition shooting. Otherwise you're not going to lose much if you remember the basics. I only shoot a couple times a year and I don't really notice any drop in performance in any of my firearms.
>>
>>32737278
Shooting at paper targets at your favorite range is a lot different than shooting in a self defense situation through the physiological responses accompanied by the fight or flight mechanism. In those cases, its all muscle memory. Unless you've logged the ~10,000 hrs generally required to be considered an 'expert' at something, you build that muscle memory by going to the range as frequently as possible.
>>
>>32737386
Trust me, I know, I was a cavalry scout. Trust me also when I say that outside of pure tactics memorization, it's all muscle memory. If your grandfather shot nazis for four years, he'd be able to pull the trigger on a nigger in a heartbeat I'm sure, regardless of time lapsed between them.
>>
>>32735686
If you are a small guy then you don't want anything bigger than the Glock 42.

Go try out a LCP2 and see how you like it
>>
trying to make up my mind between the xds or the lc9s
>>
File: cav.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cav.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
>>32737417
obligatory
>>
File: MODEL 640.jpg (460KB, 4496x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MODEL 640.jpg
460KB, 4496x3000px
>>
Not OP here, but I'm also about to turn 21 in a couple weeks here and am starting to do research on CC guns. I realize that gun choice all comes down to personal preference, but I can't decide if I should go with single or double stack 9mm. Obviously double stacks are bigger, but how much more difficult is it to conceal a G26 vs. a G43?
>>
>>32735686
I carry a HK45C, though I can easily afford the .45 ammo so maybe it wouldn't be a good first carry gun for you.
>>
>>32737963

with an iwb, not really at all, but the extra weight does suck depending on what you are out doing
>>
>>32737963
I am 5'10 and 240. Not terribly out of shape, but i have a bit of a beer gut.

I carry a 17 Gen4 at 330, IWB. No problems concealing. Just be sure you don't chafe; I wear a size too small Under Armour when I carry in light clothing so I don't rub.

Else, I tuck it in an Uncle Mikes OWB at the same spot and throw my sweatshirt over it. Granted, WI has good CC laws and OC is legal, so a little printing is never a problem.

No one notices anyways. Just the other guys that are doing the same thing.
>>
>>32735856
>6 o'clock
its like you want to have a longer draw time and the possibility of getting spine damage/not being able to draw if you ever get thrown on your back in a scuffle
>>
>>32737963
Its really not that big of a difference carrying a G26 to a G43. Obviously with the double stack you get more boolits per clip and you can get more grip on it
>>
>>32737210
I will come back in 4-6 years when my leather IWB holster has worn it ragged enough to be worthy of your Mogadishu Mile Anal Beads (TM)
>>
>>32738349
Dude I don't want to be rude but you are chunky. You could probably CC a musket.
>>
Obligatory oddball Makarov shill
>>
>>32737963
You are young and thin, which means you don't want anything larger than a G42.

Stick to .380 for CC.
>>
>>32735686
You're going to have to hit a compromise if you want to carry and practice a lot. The lighter it is the easier it is to carry, especially if you aren't used to the weight. You also don't want to go so small that it isn't any fun to shoot. The caliber is a major factor if you go sub-compact because even 9mm can jolt you in a 10oz pistol and you can develop a flinch. There isn't a blanket suggestion but I don't think Glocks absorb recoil well and I don't think LC9's are comfortable for most people to actually fire. My first carry was about 25 oz. with a 10 round magazine and you can get used to that weight but it was definitely uncomfortable. The one you're looking at is a little heavier and longer, and you need a good grip to fire .45 well.

>>32737210
they don't get beat all to shit if you pick something other than kydex, untwist your panties Yaeger

>>32737963
The 43 is actually kind of large which is why it gets compared to the 26. You're looking at a few ounces but the dimensions are very close so it won't have a different profile.
>>
>>32736619
P320 is my main carry but I also have a 30S.. I was surprised at how well it shot for a sub .45.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.