[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Integral suppressors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 20170121_232333.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_232333.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
My friend has a ruger mark 2 that survived a house explosion and is integrally suppressed and we are cleaning it. What would you use to remove the suppressor??
>>
>>32733164
fire
>>
>>32733164
explosives
>>
>House exploded
I'll give you an answer, as long as you give a story bud.
>>
blast it with piss
>>
OP here. So story time it is!
>This happened about a year ago
> My friends dad had just put in a new water heater in his garage.
> The heater had a leak in the gas line but he didn't know about it.
>One day he goes into his garage and he left the door open.
>His thermostat sensed the change in temperature and kicked on the heater.
>He heard the leak and ran out but as soon as he closed the door his heater blew the door off the hinges and it knocked him out.
>He survived but it left him in a coma for about a month.
>He lost over 80,000 dollars worth of firearms in the explosion.
>>
>>32733328
Holy fuck. I assume it's alot of NFA stuff. What happens, do you still have the stamp and can rebuy it all without wait, or do you have to redo it all over and over, with all the waiting. Also, what happens if a machine gun is destroyed then?
>>
File: 1461645818227.jpg (615KB, 2552x3493px) Image search: [Google]
1461645818227.jpg
615KB, 2552x3493px
>>32733164
Did you hear the house explode?

Was it more of a subdued "bang" or a "pfft"?

Does that count as first round pop?

Wet or dry?
>>
>>32733328
Nigga, how do you not detect a gas leak for that long.

There's a reason they add that sewage smell to natural gas. It's precisely to avoid roof in basement syndrome.
>>
All of his rifles and other guns got completely destroyed. We have a bucket of rusted, bent, and pitted rifle and shotgun barrels at my friends house. Basically all that is worth saving are the pistols. Also I dont know about the stamping I would have to ask the owner about that.
>>
I personally didnt see the extent of the damage but he told me that half of his house was destroyed and that his insurance company completely stiffed him as well.
>>
>>32733411
>What happens, do you still have the stamp and can rebuy it all without wait, or do you have to redo it all over and over, with all the waiting

I don't know, but knowing the ATF I'm sure it's the latter.
>>
I dont know but I will ask the owner if he does. I believe he doesnt because he said for us to fix up what we can.
>>
>>32733466

How did they get rusted/pitted?

Were they just sitting in the ruins of the house after the explosion?
>>
>>32735190
have you never put steel in a fire before?
>>
>>32735214

OP didn't mention the house burning afterwards.

If the guns were in a fire all the steel would've been annealed to shit and nothing would be worth saving.
>>
File: 20170103_203754.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_203754.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
OP. They got rusted and pitted from staying in the remains for around a month. Yeah some of his 1911s and sigs are pretty much toast but we have managed to get around four of his nine working so far. Here are two of the four we got working.
>>
Well I have no experience with integrally suppressed Rugers, but the little set screw or roll pin you're showing and the slight offset of the suppressor tube side of the hole seem to indicate that it's threaded on then stopped with that screw/pin. I'd dig that outta there and see if the tube can unscrew.
>>
>>32735220
how does a house explode without fire? honest question
>>
>>32735465
Oh, and in terms of the actual mechanics of removal, I'd drill a hole in a block if wood the same diameter as the tube then saw that in half along the center of the hole, then use those pieces as clamping blocks to avoid damaging the tube in the vise.
>>
>>32733328
>80,000 dollars worth of firearms
>can't afford to pay a professional to install a water heater
>does a shitty job
>doesn't have sufficient home owner's insurance
fucking moron
>>
>>32735437
those are now junk. destroy them
>>
File: Meth_lab_explosion_by_Vidiphoto.jpg (267KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
Meth_lab_explosion_by_Vidiphoto.jpg
267KB, 1024x677px
>>32735466

A poorly operated meth lab.
>>
OP. Thanks to those who gave actual advice for the predicament we are in. To answer whole how does a house explode without a fire. The thermostat kicked on the water heater which generated the spark to cause the explosion.
>>
>>32735484
this, how the fuck do you have a collection that big and not get it insured for $100/month
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.