[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Hey /k/!
It's a wonderful time of day
To learn to laugh and play
And get along with eachother

So I built this AR and took it out to shoot today and it keeps jamming.

Here's the deal
>always fires first round, doesn't matter if I charge it or hit the bolt release
>the casing from this round always ejects
>the bolt gets far enough back to reset the hammer
Then either (always I haven't figured out what is causing either)
>second round feeds into chamber and chamber locks up requiring mortar
Or
>bolt doesn't catch the back of the second round, it catches somewhere in the middle, the round half feeds then the bolt stops jammed against the side of the casing

I am aware I need to wear everything in a little bit, rifle is brand new, mags brand new, and it's my first AR. But after mortaring it twice and the second round just refusing to feed I'm kinda wondering if it's something else.

Pic related, cuck country.

I was shooting .223 if anyone thinks it makes a difference. I noticed even on the cases that fed correctly (and definitely on the ones that jammed up or got stuck) a scratch running the length of the casing. I don't know whether is is being caused by something while the round is being fed, or if they are being scratched by the bolt as it travels over them in the magazine.

Also worth mentioning the mags are only 7 rounders (cuck country) and are cheapo polymers but I also have an ex JDF M4 mag which didn't fix the problem.

I suppose also ARG
>>
>>32732121

And before I get grilled on the placement of the rear BUS, I have moved it back to where it should be.
>>
>>32732121
Not sure what your issue might be but are you in Israel? What stock is that?
>>
>>32732188

No I'm in New Zealand, it's made by a company called Spearmags.

The stock circumvents the NZ law which requires me to register a "military style" semi automatic. Free standing pistol grips and adjustable stocks are considered "military style".
>>
>>32732121
are you sure you are using the right spring/buffer/buffer tube combination?
>>
>>32732418

....yes though I wondered whether it was optimized for 5.56 nato as opposed to .223, and if the lower pressure would cause it to cycle slightly short?
>>
>>32732528
did you install the gasblock yourself and if you did did you leave a gap?
>>
my inital guess is undersized gasport and/or weak ammo. not enough gas to cycle the bolt back
>>
>>32732552

I did install the gas block myself per a couple of videos. Was I meant to leave a gap somewhere?
>>
>>32732121
sounds like a magazine problem but unfortunately there's no way for you to get your hands on glorious usgi or pmags

that do you know if your barrel extension/upper has m4 feed ramps?
>>
>>32732573

Yes it does, it's an aero precision
>>
File: 1352310663934.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1352310663934.gif
1MB, 480x360px
Question: what are my options for a pistol grip with a more intense angle?
>>
>>32732562

I'm going to get the hottest ammo I can find and see if it cycles. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>32732571
its not supposed to be flush with the barrel since theres the handguard cap
gas block is probably located wrong and getting half the gas its supposed to be getting
>>
>>32732612

Is this easy to fix or will I have to take the pin our of the gas block? Can I just slide it or will I do damage?
>>
>>32732649
its pinned on? there is supposed to be a gap.
>>
>>32732573
If he's in NZ he can get pmags but they're like $150
>>
>>32732649
wait what kinda gasblock do you have? most of the low pro ones are usually held in place by allen screws. would be trivial to slide it forwards a mm.
if its pinned and you pinned it in the wrong spot its going to be a bitch and you have to redrill and repin
note that some lowpro gasblocks take the gap into account and are supposed to be flush others dont. i have no clue whats on your gun just that this is a possibility.

it does sound like your gun is undergassed.
>>
>>32732595
FRS-15 grip/stock is pretty intense
>>
>>32732743

Sorry had to check. Gas tube is pinned to gas block, but you're right the block itself it's just allen keys.

Okey that's good news, I can see what you're talking about and I think you're probably right, it needs the gap.
>>
>>32732899
gap is .025-.030"
>>
>>32732121
Check your gastube opening. Make sure there's no blockages. Q-Tip pieces, detritus, etc...
>>
>>32732952

No its ~.7mm
>>
>>32733621
Seven millimeters is equal to 0.27 inches
>>
>>32733638

Which is why I said .7 not 7
>>
>>32732743

OP update

So based on this anons advice I took off the gas block to check the alignment and found that the gas block was ever so slightly off centre to the gas port in the barrel.

Looking at the little marks that the shots I took left, I don't think it was off centre enough to impede the gas flow. The hole in the gas block is bigger than the gas port on the barrel and from what I can see the gas block hole was covering all of the gas port, and assuming the connection is tight (which it was) that should have been fine.

Anyway I've now lined it all up perfectly, and left a very small gap where the handguns would be. The barrel actually has a small indent that's just under a mm thick so I guess that's my indicator of where to line it up.

I've just put some air through the gas tube and flow is good so I'll give it a try again tomorrow, and if that fails I'll try with some hotter ammo or some actual 5.56 instead of .223.

I suppose I'll post an update when it's all happy and semiautomatic like it should be.

Any other /k/iwis play dat AR game?
>>
>>32733804
>5.56 instead of .223.

Unless your rifle was built for .223 wylde, .223 or 5.56 ammo could be the difference-- .223 won't always cycle properly in a 5.56 design, and 5.56 can eventually fuck up a .223 design. The manufacturer should have given a clue as to the intended ammo somewhere.

Other issues related to fail to feed is magazine alignment, gas tube blockage, and gremlins in the bolt carrier group.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.