[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_20170121-163609.png (307KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170121-163609.png
307KB, 720x1280px
I have a bolt gun I want to hunt and camp with. When I'm innawoods im going to have my ar15 on a single point sling but I want a pack to hold my bolt gun. Now I've found exactly what I want but its 300 bucks. Does /k/ have a cheap knockoff alternative they know of or a Better way of carrying this bolt gun and keeping it safe? Pic related; it's the 300 dollar pack that's giving me a boner.
>>
>>32728626
Do you just want a glorified gun case, or do you want something that lets you draw it quickly?
>>
File: received_10212013196827514.jpg (180KB, 1334x1001px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212013196827514.jpg
180KB, 1334x1001px
This is the rifle In question.
>>
>>32728651
A gun case that can be worn as a pack. I want to have a water bladder in it, as well as some spare ammo, and some food and basic field first aid kit and some other field necessary provisions
>>
File: received_10211890254554034.jpg (153KB, 1334x1001px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211890254554034.jpg
153KB, 1334x1001px
Muh Chris Kyle
>>
No input?
>>
You know you can tie a rifle to the side of any external frame pack right? Its not that hard, get one with a bottom pocket or bottle sleeve to stick the butt into and then tie it to the frame of the pack, ive seen it done before and although it looks goofy the guy did what your pic does for about $200 less.
>>
>>32728626

this is what I've got, any long gun fits in the pouch on either side, quick release with 1-3 side release buckles.
>>
File: mysteryranch.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mysteryranch.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>32729877

forgot pic.
>>
File: IMG_6890.jpg (88KB, 737x988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6890.jpg
88KB, 737x988px
On the topic of backpacks, do you guys think I'll look like a faggot if I go to college with pic related. I just really like the pack.
>Inb4 but you already look like a faggot
>>
>>32730387
>On the topic of backpacks, do you guys think I'll look like a faggot if I go to college with pic related.
...Yeah that shit's try-hard as fuck.
>>
Google Eberlestock

>>32730387
Pussy deterrent.
>>
>>32730387
Its not like you'll look like less of a faggot.
>>
>>32730409
What if it's the only tacticool thing I wear though? What if everything else is completely normie tier? Am I still fagoot?
>>
File: 1411747555071.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1411747555071.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>32730387
Of course not! I run kit in something exactly like that, and it holds up to hard operating and simple civvie life. Plus you can add pouches to hold specific pieces of gear so if you're ever on the bus and need to start a fire 27 different ways or filter water you found in a bottle under your seat, you have a pouch ready to go filled with your coghlands supplies.
>>
>>32729287
>>32729877
>>32729886
This, OP. Just get a good backpack and use the side pockets and straps if drawing the gun quickly isn't an issue.

There are also some packs with side pockets designed to carry a rifle and draw it quickly.

T.B.H. Both of those are far better options than the pack you posted, OP. All I can think when I look at it is my legs bouncing off the bottom of the low-hanging gun compartment with every step. Looks cumbersome and annoying as fuck. Seriously, look at the bottom of it relative to the hip belt.
>>
>>32730439
Yes. Honestly OD+MOLLE=Tryhard. You can get away with it if the pack is black or navy blue but not OD. Only exception to this is older (as in 20+ years old) style military stuff.

If you don't care about seeming autistic then do it up. You do you. But yeah it's showing your powerlevel in a big way
>>
>>32730506
Fuck. I've got a buddy who's got it in black though. Don't want to seem like I'm being a creep or something. Fuck it, I don't see him much anymore anyway. So black is ok?
>>
>>32730542
Black is *BETTER*

Not good. Still autistic tryhard but you're being stealthier about it. It might repel pussy at a lower rate than OD.

I'd still recommend something with no MOLLE if you're trying to have sex while at school with women you might meet while wearing a backpack.
>>
>>32730594
If you're in college in the US and you're wearing a backpack that isn't North Face or Jansport, you're not getting laid

Not by causality, but more because whatever tryhard backpack you're wearing is a symptom of a bigger problem.
>>
File: IMG_6892.jpg (63KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6892.jpg
63KB, 380x380px
>>32730594
I can't be much worse off than this one guy I saw in the college canteen. He was wearing a tacticool backpack even worse than the one I want, in some kind of woodland camo that looks like pic related... WITH MATCHING FUCKING BOOTS! He literally had camo boots, and his trousers were tucked into them. A hearty Kek was had that day. He seemed happy enough though, and I'm planning on wearing normie tier clothes with my pack anyway so I'm sure I'll be fine.

>>32730669
Well it's a good job I'm not in burgerland then, isn't it?
>>
>>32730669
I just looked up what Jansport is and quite frankly, I'm horrified.
>>
>>32728658
why would you go to a range like this? a place where you can only shoot off a bench.
>>
>>32730697
You thought that guy was a faggot, yeah?

That's how normies will react to you with your backpack.

>Not a burger
Too bad because you'd actually do better with milspec-looking shit as an American than other places due to residual soldier-worship/positive associations with "outdoorsy" people.
>>
>>32730669
You can get a decent backpack from REI or some place like that, if you're more into outdoorsy chicks. Tactical appearance's a no-go, just get a good pack that'll still fulfill your needs. Kelty Redwings are decent.
>>
File: djvZpI9.gif (208KB, 540x336px) Image search: [Google]
djvZpI9.gif
208KB, 540x336px
>>32730789
>You can get a decent backpack from REI or some place like that, if you're more into outdoorsy chicks.
This is the answer if you want a pack that can handle bad situations or whatever that can be used for "tactical" shit without showing your powerlevel.

It's also the correct solution to "SHTF BoB type shit, because again, it does all the same shit (better) without outing you as a /k/ autist that should be shot on sight.

>tfw Osprey masterrace who got laid in college
Went to school in Montana though which gives the outdoors vibe a big advantage
>>
File: IMG_6870.jpg (145KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6870.jpg
145KB, 600x400px
>>32730769
Well yeah, but come on. The guy had camo boots with his trousers tucked into them and a tacticool backpack in college. It's hardly the same as my pack, which is pretty low profile (22litres) and in a flat colour as opposed to camouflage. I doubt they'll judge me that harshly. Surely normies cant be that mean? Plus, I'll be wearing my 'normie disguise' comprised of vans trainers, slimline jeans and a hoodie allowing me to blend in with their ranks almost seamlessly.
>>
>>32730909
It's not about "mean."

It's about a snap, subconscious judgement that you're "nice but a little weird." They're not gonna bully you or whatever but they won't have sex with you either.

Like I said, non-OD colors help but not having a backpack that looks like that would help more.

But, like I said, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to impart some experience.
>>
>>32730909
>Well yeah, but come on. The guy had camo boots with his trousers tucked into them and a tacticool backpack in college. It's hardly the same as my pack, which is pretty low profile (22litres) and in a flat colour as opposed to camouflage.
Reminder that autism is a spectrum anon. Just because he was further up the spectrum doesn't mean you're not on it.

Hide. Your. Power. Level.
>>
File: IMG_6887.jpg (107KB, 736x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6887.jpg
107KB, 736x592px
>>32728626
Does anyone know where to get backpacks like the guy in the centre of pic related? What kind of pack is he supposed to be carrying?
>>
>>32730960
>>32730971
Ok thanks, will take your comments into consideration before purchasing. I might go with what someone suggested earlier which is to use old fashioned looking military gear. Like a canvas pack or something.
>>
>>32730387
That would look pretty gay. I use an old voodoo backpack but it just looks like an ordinary black backpack, so nobody even notices
>>
>>32730697
>tfw I had a pair of camo pants tucked into surplus boots one time back in junior high
Thinking back on it I want to fucking shoot myself for what a fucking sperg thing it was to do. For someone to use a Realtree backpack and ditto boots, I cannot possibly imagine how bad his situation is.
Unless he's like my mate who basically lives for hunting and doesn't care about much else. Guy is basically like a dog, in the sense that whatever can't be hunted, eaten or fucked, he just pisses all over.
>>
>>32731145
It's ok annon. As long as you understand now the error of your ways.
>>
>>32731010
bergen bag. its a british thing, I may not be spelling it right. Ray Mears like them.
>>
>>32730387
Yeah just use a regular backpack, or not if you can handle the "school shooter" and "first period English second period Iraq" comments.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.