[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competiton shooting/Non-comp fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x199px
Who here participates in competition shooting/training?
What do you do?

Who here trains/does competition type shooting but doesnt do competitions?
What do you do?
Why dont you shoot competitions?
>>
>>32727658
I did couple years ago for about 3 years. I shoot uspsa. Single stack. Really great fun. Anyone who is going to cc should do uspsa or idpa. Great for muscle memory. Great practice. Great people always willing to help.
>>
>>32727658
Not me because it's hard to find comps not full of arfcommers or weirdos around here

Yes
Shoot my targets and play on my range
See above
>>
>>32727658
IDPA and Steel
My main training tools are 8" steel plates, a shot timer, and a barricade with shot through positions.
>>
>>32727658
USPSA production, IDPA SSP, and the odd steel match

I'd love to build an open gun at some point. Also try 3-gun.
>>
>>32727658
>autistically go innawoods with my brother
>dress up in battlerattle
>tactically our way to objectives
>make up objectives and simulations (I.E. SHTF, hike to a point 3-5 miles away, overnight in a shooting position, bag X number of coyotes, live off rabits/fish/nuts, etc)
>explore abandoned buildings and mines we find, basically play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>Don't feel too much like a loser since we are both decently good looking and I'm not doing this alone
>anon can we go camping with yoy and your brother???
>n-no you wouldn't like it
Sure I'll call that training
>>
>>32727658
Mostly a lack of any sort of outdoor ranges to practice, there's clubs and the indoor ranges here occasionally host matches but it's just not the same.

That and what are some good fundamentals to learn prior to attending your first match? I've only ever shot stationary at said indoor ranges.
>>
Trying to get into speed shooting even though there is no "scene" for it where I am.
It just seems fun and a great personal challenge.
>>
>>32729062

Limited. I bought a used gun off of Enos, otherwise I'd be in Production.
>>
>>32729079
> No you wouldnt make it
lold.
I'm trying to get into 3 gun but only have an AR at the moment because I dont own a pistol and dont want to beat up my Browning
>>
>>32729807
Dont try to run. Walk and learn first. Finger off trigger when moving. After shooting drop mag then rack slide. Breath. Listen to everyone who has done it for awhile. Have fun.
>>
File: IMG_20161019_210718313.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_210718313.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
The more I see these threads the more I know I want to go do it... I mean, is there really an excuse not to give one a try?
>>
Only good thing about being a cityfag would be being near places to do this

I've got nowhere nearby
>>
>>32730755
I want to try 3 gun as well but I think the closest place that does it is like 2 hours away from me. Rural Midwest sucks sometimes.

I'd like to do stock vintage rifle matches too but of course no range in my state does anything like that.
>>
File: allmydollarydoos.jpg (326KB, 1925x564px) Image search: [Google]
allmydollarydoos.jpg
326KB, 1925x564px
IDPA in CCP and ESP. 3-gun. PRS type in open class. going to be doing PRS in gas gun heavy class this year since they introduced it. pic related, my PRS rig
>>
>>32732677
PRS - practical rifle shooting? What do the comps entail? I'm keen to try Service Rifle aka High Power but again it seems a bit hard to get started.
>>
I shoot USPSA (production 9mm double stack, about to move into open since I added a red dot to my pistol. Also shoot with a 38 revolver occasionally).
Also compete in USPSA Multi Gun in Tactical Irons and Tactical Optics.

A few smaller matches as well

For training I have taken 2 single day carbine courses, a single day pistol course, and a low-light shooting class. I am also NRA certified as a basic instructor for pistol and rifle as well as a range safety officer

KCMO actually has a decent shooting scene
>>
>>32735402

Carry Optics or Open? if you put a slide ride red dot on your Production gun it should be CO unless you've also put on a compensator.
>>
>>32729807
drawing from a holster
reloading
controlled pairs
shooting while walking forwards and backwards
transitioning between multiple targets
>>
Me Saturday, new turkroche scattergun love it
https://youtu.be/nw51lSCn46I
>>
>>32732677
what caliber did you do that in again?
>>
File: 9x25.jpg (104KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
9x25.jpg
104KB, 1280x853px
>>32735402
>production 9mm double stack

what do you mean by this? You can only load to 10 in production.

>about to move into open since I added a red dot to my pistol.

I assume you have a Glock or similar polymer 9mm. Minor PF 9mm is going to put you at a massive disadvantage in Open division. I suppose you might not care where you stack up in rankings. What kind of rig are you running?
>>
File: not what eugene wanted.jpg (104KB, 980x600px) Image search: [Google]
not what eugene wanted.jpg
104KB, 980x600px
>>32738017
Not bad. I don't have the cash or time to be competitive in Open 3 gun but still want a box mag fed shotgun. I am interested in the VEPR 12.
>>
>>32738315
Look at the turkroche shoygunka 1919 or the countless variations make bay the same company, its a good shotgun and they are cheaper
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.