[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal operating weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Oh Yeah!.jpg (63KB, 499x610px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Yeah!.jpg
63KB, 499x610px
Sup /k/? Longtime lurker here. You guys say that being fat is a disadvantage when it comes to SHTF / survival. Felt inspired and started a diet, down about 8 lbs since the new year. Bought a metric fuckton of protein powder, diet pills, joined a gym, etc. Tired of being a fatfuck.

Where's the appropriate stopping point? I'm 6'1", 240 and want to get thinner/more fit. When does becomming lighter become a hinderance with respect to shooting? 180? 160? Hungry skeleton 130? At some point, shooting a 12 gauge is gonna knock me on my ass because there's less mass to absorb recoil right?
>>
>>32727224
I'm 5'11" and my body appears pretty optimal if slightly undermuscled at 160lb and I call myself fat at 180, granted keeping to 160lb is a task in and of itself with a highly active worklife and minimal calorie intake

so... I'd say your absolute lower healthy bound is somewhere between 180~200lb and if you feel fat at 240, then your upper is probably gonna be something like 210 or 215, just a really rough guesstimate since I don't know how much two inches of height and an unknown difference in breadth and depth of your body structure to mine affects those numbers
>>
Get to the point where you can walk all day, everyday.

>hey let's walk to blahblahblah
>10miles away
>shouldn't bother you

You will never be too light to run a 12g.

Women and children hose shit down with a 12g, you won't have issues unless you are too weak to lift it.
>>
>>32727224
Manlet here, dropped down to 160, building back up to 170, dont want to build past 180, fear it might hinder my flexibility. Should probably aim for 175 to 180 for your height.
>>
>>32727224
>because there's less mass to absorb recoil

That's why you develop muscle, it's a much better dampener AND you can lift stuff!

You still want some fat though, probably 5-8% for lean times and so your body doesn't start consuming muscle

Of course a low % looks better, bring the Adonis belt and shit into definition
>>
Fat guy here, at 245 now, was at 265 on New year's

You just need to eat right and exercise

I don't do much cardio yet; it kills my ankles and knees because of my weight
>>
>>32727343
Just walk a lot until you hit 210 to 200.

t. Former fatass that walked 8 mi per day
>>
>>32727224
You needed someone here to tell you being fat wasn't good in a shtf situation?
>>
You can never be too strong/have too much endurance. 15-18% bodyfat is considered ideal by physicians and gives you adequate reserves for periods where you're not intaking calories but still burning fuel. Drop too far below that and you're hitting a point where you risk your body shutting down when you need it not to.

You want the body of an endurance athlete or someone who does intense manual labor, not a bodybuilder, actor, or model.
>>
I'm 5'10" and when I was at ~210 lbs. it was the ideal weight for general movement. I gained about 50 lbs. over the last year and a half but I'm working it back down.
>>
You will never make it to 130. Not even being a dick, but you'd have to be literally emaciated to go from 240>>>130.
>>
File: 1469254753852.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469254753852.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>32727224
Holy fuck how can you guys call yourselves men when you weigh under 200 pounds. Height isnt the only thing that makes you a manlet.
>>
>>32727224
Ninja mode
5'6 120 here
only thing i can see here is prob more maneuverability, and climbing due to body weight, then again ive seen guys at 180 move faster than me so its mostly based skill and training
>>
>>32727584
5'10" 175 here, pretty fucking /fit/ wilderness trail worker with a stocky build. 210 is fat as fuck m8.
>>
>>32727224
I know a lot of people shit on bmi as an indicator of health, but the reality is for most people bmi is a pretty good tool to use. If you're a beginner bmi will give you a good idea of where you should be. That changes once you've lifted a few years and have put on pounds of muscle
>>
>>32727308
>5-8%

Fucking leave dyel.
>>
>>32727584
You're one deluded whale. I'm at 170 and feel fat as fuck.
>>
File: blbchik.png (452KB, 501x559px) Image search: [Google]
blbchik.png
452KB, 501x559px
>>32727610
>Not having a sub-30" waist

You fat fuck.
>>
>>32727660
If you're not a bodybuilder complaining about BMI, you are a fatass trying to keep yourself from blowing your jiggling cranium off.
>>
>>32727687

I pulled those numbers straight out of my ass
>>
>>32727660
BMI wants me to be a fucking skeleton
>>
>>32727721
You don't have to be a bodybuilder to offset it though, someone who's trained seriously for a year or two could realistically put on 20 lbs of muscle.
>>
>>32727224
plenty of people can shoot 12ga at very light weights, obviously not as well but you won't be falling on your ass cause you weigh 215 instead of 240
>>
Don't lose too much too quickly. And work to build muscle, not just lose fat. The goal is not to lose weight, but rather replace your fat with muscle. If you strictly want to lose weight, try to lose around 40 pounds.
>>
>tfw 5'9 and 207

how do I lose weight other than going to the gym
>>
Ricky is 6'1" and is 200-230lbs depending on the time of year and what steroids he's cycling
>>
>>32727957
Eat less
Go on long walks
>>
>>32728015
Walks or jogs/runs? Is there any difference?
>>
>>32727689
>>32727628
Hungry skeletons, beanpoles, or dudes with low muscle or low bone density detected. I couldn't imagine myself at sub-200.
>>
>>32728051
Walks are really good for weight loss, especially with someone heavier. However you need to be willing to commit like one to two hours of waking at a decent pace to get the benefits. Running is obviously what most people want to do, but when you're heavier and a beginner running can really suck cause you'll have no endurance to run a long distance and you're more likely to hurt yourself.
>>
>>32728053
>Hungry skeletons, beanpoles, or dudes with low muscle or low bone density detected.
Did you miss the part where I said I build trails in the wilderness?
>hump a 45lb pack plus tools 1000 miles every 6 months
>innawilderness so no powertools
>10 hour days swinging tools or cutting down trees with 1800s lumberjack tools
>eat 5000 calories/day
>18% body fat

Sorry you're obese dog
>>
>>32728053
>average SOF is 5'9" 170
Tell me more about how perfectly healthy you are fattie
>>
>>32727628
>175lbs
>stocky
lol
>>
>>32728338
>all these fatties in denial
>>
>>32728338
> stocky means fat
Americans everybody
>>
>Read thread
>Realize that being average height, weight, and muscle mass and being able to run 3 miles puts you in the 90th percentile on /k/
Thanks for the ego boost guys. I needed it today
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.