[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become a War Journalist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1447598323706.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447598323706.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
How does one become a War Journalist?
>>
>go to a war
>write an article about it
>have it published
Done.
>>
>>32727050
1. Private independent contract with a news agency
2. They fund your travels
3. Some military shit advice you with procedures and such
4. photo shit
5. write shit
6. post them back and get paid directly to the bank account
7. come back home or stay further if allowed
8. get shot by marksman
9. regret using a journalist blue kevlar vest
10. bleed out and get famous for recording your own death
>>
>>32727050

I wonder if you dusted it off if it would still shoot.
>>
>>32727160
>be me
>mid-crisis slav
>balcan war
>my entire squad and friends are dead
>only me left
>"blyad"
>*hears incoming cyka artillery*
>protects waifu with slavic material arm
>an old man lives, a waifu lives, fair trade
>did my duty
>>
>>32727147
How often does 8 and 9 happen?
>>
>>32727281
War journalists are often high-value target by insurgents, and the vest just screams "I'm here and I'm different", with it's bright UN colored vest.

There's many cases where this happen, and the most notorious one is the Al'Jazeera reporter who got shot on video. The may be very good depending on what you bring to the agency, but it damn ain't even close risking your life for it. Just like any journalist/designer/freelancer says: Never accept low payment, and don't let them underestimate your work, ask for more.
>>
>>32727467
The pay may be very good*
>>
>>32727467
I assume the vest is mandatory?
>>
>>32727504
Depends on your connection with the agency and their temp- full time employment assurance policy. Some has to use the blue one, some can take a normal vest, and some don't need it at all. It used to be a strict mandatory military procedure during the Afghan/Iraq/Iran war were all had to use the blue one. Ask the agency and how they've handled other war journalists.

They'll provide info about the journey, where you'll be, and before and mostly afterwards, you will be informed and guided by the stationed military. They don't have to force you to go on convoys or anything, but you can't walk around freely as it would look suspicious according to some departments. 'Do this, don't do this, this is the plan', etc.

In the end, your content will be searched in case you have captured any classified stuff, or things that would help the enemies' advantage. They remove it and let you keep the accepted ones.
>>
>>32727467
There was also this guy in Grozny commenting his own death like "That's it, they've murdered us. I am dying, Goodbye, goobye. He's shooting at me"

Most depressing video ever
>>
>>32727050
you can just go and sneak into a war zone lots of poeple do it all the time

anderson cooper did it he apprently has a whole book of fucked up shit he saw in a war that he won't publish

then you can come back and sell your story

but if you are brown or comming back it might be a problem
>>
>>32727281
jurnolists get killed in war zones all the time man just google it

also if you are white the isis guys would probably kidnap you and behead you and you might make news but your faimly will see you die

i hear most jurnolists try to get caught just so they can interview or talk to high ranking members
>>
>>32727050
>>32728963
>>32728963
>>32728976

war jurnolists also get raped and you are fair game for them google it bro jurnolists getting kidnapped and raped jurnolists doesn't mean you are anything special
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.