[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you dealt with a home invasion? How do you react?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: iu[1].jpg (27KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
27KB, 650x366px
Have any of you dealt with a home invasion? How do you react? I've had the fortune of never experiencing one; the only ones I've heard of in my extended family were a burglary in Chicago and a breakin in Memphis; the residents were away in the former and my retired cop/marine uncle, despite owning a gun, got the trespassers to flee using a wooden bat in the latter. Or rather, incapacitated them.

Do you give a warning? Or is it reasonable to assume that there's no need for warnings once you break into a home?
>>
>>32726620
Yes. Here in North Carolina, it's pretty much a mix of Southern love and Northern love. Anyway, a guy started kicking my door, he didnt know I was home. My door is made of metal, so he had a hard time. I just shouted at him and told him to fuck off. Called the cops, never found him, mostly because I didnt even see the guy.
>>
>>32726620
Ya i have, had a crackhead try to come in a window at my ex's place. I met him at the window, told him to get fucked. Pointed my ruger at him and he ran off. Still had the window screen stuck on his arm.
>>
>>32726620
>Give a warning

Is this a /k/ humor thread? Fuck no, Castle Doctrine.

SHOOT TO KILL, READY TO THRILL!!
>>
>>32727947
I dunno Anon I've never experienced a breakin and am only recently looking at guns.
>>
>>32726620

Thought some guys were casing houses on my cul de sac to do a home invasion

>Be home on mid tour leave from Iraq years ago
>Went out on date
>Get back to my parents house, was going to fool around in the car but three dudes in a little Hyundai sedan are sitting just on the other side of the driveway with their lights off
>Don't leave when we pull up
>Go in house like normal
>Grab Tantal and put two extra magazines in my pocket, run through garage to side door and sneak up the side of the yard
>They drive off before I get to the road, sit and wait a bit for them to come back

In hindsight I realize it was very likely nothing. But there had been a couple of break ins in the neighborhood apparently around that time.
>>
>>32728262
For clarification, I grew up around white trash people who committed burglaries and robberies. So my initial assessment was based on that.
>>
>be taking a relaxing bubble bath
>someone tries to pry my door open
>"I HAVE A GUN! FUCK OFF!"
>they do
>i didnt actually have a gun
>>
Yes

i usually use my Mancatcther to sweep their legs first then i nose em and force them into my "magical" dungeon under my ranch

i am up to 23 dudes now 15 nogs and the rest are Mexicans

Guns are overrated and only chase them away, its al about surprise and force
>>
>>32726620
People are scared of me because I am a gun owning white male with a temper. I just use my street rep holmes.
>>
>>32726620
No. I don't live in a shitty place like Chicago or Memphis. Rural, white areas with lots of gun owners don't have a lot of home invasions.

You should use a challenge though. Even something like "Who's there?" will keep you from shooting someone you shouldn't like a family member. That's far more likely to be the bump in the night then a break in.
>>
>>32726620
I use hollow points so i can shoot into a wall as a warning shot.
>>
>>32728262
>See some high school kids hitting a bowl in their car
>Grab a gun and extra mags
>Start darting around a residential area in the middle of the night with loaded gun
>Frustrated that you didn't get to unload on these kids, you hide in the bushes and stake out hoping they drive by again

Wew lad
>>
File: IMG_20160831_031829.jpg (989KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_031829.jpg
989KB, 3072x1728px
Pic related
>>
>>32728640
Nigger, they were sitting directly in front of my house.

They weren't hitting a bowl in their car, and I wasn't "darting around a residential area". I went from the side yard of my own house, which they were sitting in front of.

You're a double nigger with no reading comprehension.

Also
>>32728278
>>
File: IMG_20160831_031840.jpg (992KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_031840.jpg
992KB, 3072x1728px
>4 AM
>Watching standup
I always have my bike locked at the front door. I always slide the kick stand in between two pieces of metal.
>Hear TIIIIINGGGG
>Immediately bolt to door
>Damn near run through the door at him
>He drops bike while at top of stairs
>I hope over and chase him a few blocks
I only stopped because I was wearing socks, I regret stopping though.

>He dropped backpack at top of stairs
>>
>heard some voices in my back yard
>grabbed my mossmaster
>went out onto my second floor patio
>saw some yolo fags head trying to climb onto it
>pointed shotgun and told him he needed to get the fuck off my property
>he and his two friends apologized profusely and left

it was just three 16 or 17 year olds, one was a girl. if i ever find anyone inside my home uninvited i'll be less tolerant.
>>
>>32728728
you give the cops lamar's info?
>>
>>32728764
"If you didn't see his face, we can't do anything"

He was covered head to toe, couldn't even see his eyes, he didn't look my way when he started running

I shouldn't have even called them, I should have kept the tablet and phone and shit
>>
>>32728794
And the crack, cigs, and cheap cigars.
Especially the crack.
>>
>>32726620
I heard them breaking the screen off the window. I grabbed my p12 from under the mattress. by the time they got halfway through the window they were staring down the barrel.
they froze
I said something stupid like "you need to go right back the way you came bud"
they backed out the window never taking their eyes off the barrel
That was 1 of 3 times someone tried to break in. no one ever actually made it all the way in
>>
>>32726620
I had a nig nog kick in my door. I happened to be working at my desk across the room. We looked at each other and he turned tail and took off. Happened in a matter of seconds.

I was a no-guns living in Chicago at the time. That event led me to move to a freer state, start shooting, and learn how to better secure doors/windows.
>>
>>32728873
2nd time
I had a sliding glass door that didn't lock well.
I used a stick in the tracks to secure the door.
If you pulled on the door, it would hit the stick and make a loud noise before stoping leaving the door about 1/4 inch open.
I heard the door banging the stick. someone was trying to open the door.
I put my gun in my waistband and walked to the door.
some dumb ass tweeker was standing there shocked to see someone home.
He made up some story about he thought this was his friends place.
I told him he needed to leave
he kept talking
I pulled out my gun
he said something like "oh shit man, I'm leaving"
he left
>>
>>32726620
Only stupid criminals rob homes when people are home . You rob a house when everyone is either at school or work . Best time to run a house is 8-10 am
>>
>>32728908
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awkOHPVUW30
>>
>>32728918
3rd time
it was around 3am and I was sitting on my apartment porch
Had a good view of the garage gate (that was broken)
I see some cholo come walking down the sidewalk. he sees the open garage gate looks around and goes into the garage.
I have an expensive sports car, so I grab my gun and head into the garage.
I had pack rat neigbors with a bunch of boxes in their parking spot, and I see the guy going through their boxes. They lived in Apt 12. There was only 15 apartments numbered 1 - 15
I ask the guy "hey, you supposed to be here?"
He says "yeah man, I live here."
I say "Really, what apartment?"
He says "21"
I say "there is no 21, get the fuck out of here before I call the cops"
he starts walking toward me
I pull out my gun, he freezes and puts his hands up
I say get the fuck out of here, and consider yourself lucky to be alive.
He says "alright , alright" and he backs away from me and out the garage.

After that, I moved away from Cali
>>
>>32728449
Those are some very tactical tactics anon.
>>
>>32729003
Why don't call the police and have him arrested and charged? You have the right to citizen's arrest
>>
>>32726620
Doesn't really count as a "home invasion" but when I was about 14 I was walking home from my bus stop (~1/4 mile) and had headphones in.
>notice car noise/shadow very slow behind me
>look slightly back and notice it's a giant white pedo van
>guy is literally following me down the street going 4 mph
>after about a minute guy pulls up and goes "HEY DO YOU KNOW WHERE X IS?"
>give him directions, its nowhere fucking near here
>speeds away
>notice he's looped back around and is behind me again as I go up my driveway
>speeds back away again
>5 min later in my bedroom going wtf was that shit he pulls up into my driveway parks and starts coming to the front door
>shotgun out window "HEY FUCK OFF"

Still not sure if he was looking for raep or actual directions but it weirded me the fuck out. Never seen someone fuck off quite that fast though.

Like another anon said, I'd probably use some kind of simple check like "Who's there" to ensure it isn't a family member or something.
>>
>>32728278
>tfw this may have been me and my buddies

Was this in texas, by chance?
>>
>>32726620
There may or may not be a number of bodies in the woods behind my house. I like to fantasize about it being full of bodies of people nobody would miss but I wouldn't know because I never go into the woods. I hate the outdoors.
>>
>>32728794
yeah, he may have stolen that id
>>
Former home invader here AMA
>>
>>32729873
Did you trade the stuff you stole for crack directly or did you have to pawn it first?
>>
>>32729994
Never actually did drugs, i just wanted money and nice things. I pawned what i could and flea marketed the rest.
>>
>>32730071
would hearing someone shout "I have a gun" scare you off? did anyone ever do that?
>>
File: The poor fool.jpg (51KB, 480x442px) Image search: [Google]
The poor fool.jpg
51KB, 480x442px
I thought I was being home-invaded once, but it was just a drunken bear banging on my living room window. Such is life in rural places.
>>
Yes. I used to live in a closed condominium through the time I was working at another city and there were some slumliving niggers who found out a way to jump the wall (equiped with an eletric fence) carrying knifes and started to making robbery and even rape.
Me, one neighboor of mine, the condominium administrator and the security eventually trapped them when we discovered how they were entering and we decided to kill them and throw their bodies into an open brook.

I was in intense fear until the local police chief filed the case as if they were dead because of drug debt with a criminous faction.
>>
>Be 8
>In kitchen
>Backyard connects to alleyway next to bar
>Lights on in kitchen
>Garage has light that turns on if someone gets close
>Garage light turns on
>Father is standing there shirtless, drinking OJ
>He collects knives, got machete because he liked it
>Grabs machete
>Lets our dogs out
>Runs out to the end of our yard, then screams at them that he dares them to come back
It was pretty cool
>>
>>32730144
Was this in south America?
>>
Happened a few years ago in California. I was going to community college then.

>Class doesn't start until 2pm
>Dad is at work, brother is in school, mom left to get groceries or something
>Sleeping in, just starting to get up (it's like 12pm)
>Hear the sound of breaking glass and footsteps near the kitchen
>Grab Benelli M4 and go to the sound
>Back screen door is wide open, a white trash looking motherfucker is in my parent's room, throwing valuables into a pillowcase
>The other one sees me, drops everything and runs out the back door
>The white-trash hick turns and sees me standing in the doorway of my parents' room
>"ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL SHOOT IF YOU MOVE"
>My voice just gets higher and higher, legs shaking
>He complies but keeps calling me names under his breath
>Call the cops, they show up quickly and arrest the faggot
>That's all I ever heard
>The one that escaped drops a fucking camera and a laptop, both broken beyond repair.

Realized after the fact that California has castle doctrine, so I could have shot both of them. Would have been a legal shitstorm if I did.
>>
>>32730126
Yes it would.
No, nobody ever did, but i only went in homes while occupied maybe 5 times.

I never set out to physically harm anyone, so if i was warned of there being a gun and NOT immediately shot, i wouldve taken my chances and run. My buddies and i actually discussed this possibility a lot.
>>
>>32730529
How many guys did you having breaking in at a time?
>>
>>32726620
Boring story because it never turned into a home invasion. When I was a kid someone took a bat to the back sliding glass door of our house at about 2pm and busted it. I was the only person home. Whoever did it left as I went to look at the damage. Honestly I would have been completely unprepared and done nothing had they gone in as a 9 or 10 year old boy.

If something like that happened to me today I would respond armed.
>>
File: 1473384574340.jpg (419KB, 2500x1723px) Image search: [Google]
1473384574340.jpg
419KB, 2500x1723px
>>32726620
>be on granddad's property in southern NJ
>acres of pine barrens
>german shepherd goes into alert mode
>banging noise at metal shed
>call cops
>grab mauser and doggo
>see two guys running back to their truck
>doggo becomes dindu seeking missile
>gets the fat one onto the ground
>his buddy turns around to help
>about to hit my dog with a bat
>Loudly whistle
>sees me approaching with rifle
>drops bat and peels away in truck
>fat guy left behind
>recognize guy
>beat his ass in pool hours before hand
>his friend was also with him
>literally still have their names and addresses from pool league handouts
>cops arrest fatass and pet doggo
>track other dindu back to his house and find all sorts of illegal shit in plain site

Nothing beats a good doggo home alarm system.

Since then I installed more motion detecting flood lights all over the property. It has the added benefit of spooking deer and coon away from my vegetables.
>>
>>32730537
Varied depending on what we were after. The most i ever took in was 5, 4 actually enter and one driver. No less than 2 on any one hit ever though.
>>
>>32730539
Poor wording on my part, the cops did not arrest my battle buddy.
>>
>>32730556
You guys do a quick search first or just start grabbing valuable looking things?

What time did you usually go?

Anything that made you pick or avoid certain houses?
>>
>>32730595
We'd hit the most private areas first, laptops, vidya consoles, jewelry boxes mostly in bedrooms. Then we'd move to living rooms, and do the same plus movies (even if you only get $1 a pop for mass pawning it adds up) then if i had time id be going through your kitchenware to look for silver or gold anything. Also id take keys to any farm equipment or mowers i found, because those take common keys.

Most of our empty houses were done about 9-10 am. Everyones at work, mailman probably wont come through yet, and unless you come home for lunch i have plenty of time to browse. Occupieds and busniesses we did at about 2 am on new moons.

In reality, there are some houses i picked just because they looked like a challenge, but in the beginning i avoided large, empty lawns, high fences, and anything id have to physically break to get in (for a while if i couldnt pick your door or jimmy a window open id just fuck off and try again another time)
>>
>>32730595
>>32730651
Oh also, if i could see in, especially from the road as we cruised around, i was probably going to hit it. TVs near front doors make me hard.
If you had shit laying in your yard, i would creep in for a closer look.
If you had storage sheds or outbuildings, especially the sheet metal ones, i was going for those first (i could just take all your power tools and valuable shit in storage, load it in the car, then come back for your house)
>>
Stay perfectly silent and wait in the living room behind the couch and wait for them to step on the welcome mat covering the punji pit
>>
>>32730675
I'm curious how that works because I live in a household with people all on different schedules; there's at least one armed person awake at all hours.
>>
>>32730842
Well, if i took my time to case the place, id probably fuck off then.
If i didnt, id fuck off when i realized someone was up.
If i was still dumb enough to go in, then i probably deserved it.
>>
>>32728908
>That event led me to move to a freer state, start shooting, and learn how to better secure doors/windows.
good on ya'
>>
>>32730346
Yes.
>>
>>32730539
>doggo becomes dindu seeking missile
lel
>>
>>32728728
>crack pipe
>lamar

No surprises there
>>
>>32729100
Only if you apprehend them in the act of committing a felony
>>
>>32731303
No, I'll clarify

>If you are witness to them committing the act
and
>May detain on SUSPICION if crime committed is a felony
>>
Never had a home invader but I did scare the shit out of some SJW chick who went to steal my Trump sign off my porch.
>>
>>32731415
story plz
>>
>>32731431
My sign in front of my house kept getting stolen, so after the third time I staked it out all afternoon from my garage and lo and behold that day some girl jogging down the street decided she would try and take it.

I ran out from my garage (it's to the side of my house so she didn't see me coming) snuck up right behind her because she was trying to take a selfie with it and must not have heard me and screamed as loud as I could "AAHAHAHAHAA GOTCHA BITCH!!!"

She tensed up so hard she jumped straight up in the air, dropped the sign, actually pissed her pants and shrieked so loud it could have broken glass.

I almost died of laughter and told her to fuck off before I called the cops while she called me every name in the book and sauntered off down the street in her piss soaked lulu lemon yoga pants.

If it was a guy I would have stuck him up with my shotgun and waited for the police to come but she was frail and sort of cute in a mousey, delicate kind of way so I felt bad doing that.

After that I just put the sign in the front window of my house.
>>
>>32729100
Probably because

>After that, I moved away from Cali
The commifornian police probably would have arrested him for frightening the thief.
>>
>>32731834
Why didn't you detain her so you can admire her delicate mousy qtness up close?

I've always wanted to have friendly talk with a qt while aiming a gun at her.
>>
>>32726620
2 attempted ones when I lived in Alberta. 1 in Calgary in 1991 when some stalker looking for an ex came to my door instead of next door where she was staying. First and only time I barricaded myself inside (no available escape route) armed with my HK93A1 while on the phone with 911 waiting for the cops to arrive.

2nd occurred in early 1990 in the then small town of Nanton where my Mom had just moved to a couple weeks earlier. Was visiting when some HA's came knocking at 23:30 looking to collect off a former tennant.

Fun times...
>>
>>32729100
he didn't get anything. scaring the shit out of him was good enough for me
>>
Had my stupid sis one time open the door during her summer break to a "sales guy", she told him that she was not interested and tried to close the door, guy put his foot in the door and tried to push his way in. Idiot had not seen that I was in the open garage so I got my truck gun AR and yelled at him to reach up or become pink mist.

Fucker backed off with the quickness... Called the cops and everyone laughed. Except for him
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.