[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts as a first, intro handgun? Purchasing because of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 223900_01_lg_1.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
223900_01_lg_1.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
Thoughts as a first, intro handgun? Purchasing because of the price point, please don't tell me about how I should just spring for a $600 SigSauer.

thx
>>
You should spring for a $400 Glock.
>>
>>32726059
On the 10% chance you're not a trole...

17s and 19s are selling in the $550 range. I don't want a subcompact. Which Glock are you referring to?
>>
>>32726048
Not a bad choice m8, check out the FNS9 or FNP9
>>
>>32726048
>i shouldn't spend $550 to buy a really excellent gun that could prevent my life from being ended several decades short
>i should spend more than $1 to buy a liability from a company that supports gun control laws in its home state to keep out the competition of other better manufacturers
wait twice as long, have twice the money.
>>
>>32726048
glock 19 or gtfo
>>
>>32726048
These are actually ok.
If saving 150 bucks makes a big difference for you then go for it. You give in some features for that 150 or 200 dollars but it's a really good value. Especially if you get one at bottom barrel pricing.

It you want a casual , every once and a while shooter and something that can be used for home defense, or of you are just "trying out" having a gun this could be a good choice.

If you intend on doing more than occasional shooting I think it might be worth looking at spending the extra 150 or 200 bucks to bump up a tier. Remember, if you are going to shoot with any kind of frequency ammo costs will soon dwarf the few hundred dollars difference.
>>
>>32726048
It's fine for what it is.
>>
>>32726048
>>32726121
He's referring to police trade Glocks.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/used-firearms

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/police-tradeins-c-132.html

You're welcome.
>>
>>32726048
It was my first gun. Was alright, nothing amazing and certainly not the easiest to shoot accurately with, but it will be good enough for defense.

If you want something that's going to be fun to shoot though you might want to save your money for something with a better trigger pull.
>>
>>32726048
Get an FNS-9. $100 cheaper than the Glock price point and leaves nothing to be desired. If you get a cheap gun chances are you'll want a better one later then you just wasted money.
>>
Buy any other striker fired pistol from the same company quality teir and you'll be much happier. You'd be much better off with a fucking ruger 9e
>>
>>32727063
SD9VEs are perfectly reliable. They may not be particularly nice, but that doesn't make them unservicable
>>
+1 for fns, I ended up going to the m&p but I think you get more for less with the fns
>>
>>32726048
SD9VE is a fine pistol. One of the best bang for the buck guns out there. As solid as any glock. I would trust my life to one easily. I have heard many people talk shit about them, but they have always been feelings not facts.
>>
SD9VE's are below par for the price bracket they're competing in, you can find something better at the same price.
>>
>>32728213
I just have to ask, what is "par" for the 300 dollar pistol?

>micro guns
>mil surp
>trade ins and used guns
>screwball imports
>Taurus autos
>canik tp9?
>>
>>32726048
I bought one as a first pistol, not much to complain about. The trigger is real heavy, and I had to get my front sight adjusted but otherwise it's rock solid. I have sense bought other guns I like more, but after around 3k rounds the SD has never once failed on me. I've fed it mostly range ammo, but I've tested a couple different kinds of carry ammo and it ate all of it no complaints. It is particular about you NOT riding the slide forward when you rack it more than other pistols, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway so no big deal.
>>
>>32726048
If you want a cheap, reliable , well built handgun that also has a great trigger, check out pic related. I've been extremely pleased with the one I bought for $320
>>
File: Hate Crime.jpg (981KB, 1800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Hate Crime.jpg
981KB, 1800x1620px
>>32726048
FNS-9 is my "work gun" choice.
>>
File: 20170121_164821.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_164821.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>32727005
Second. An "intro" handgun should be a handgun that can become your "experienced" handgun. You're only setting yourself back if you begin training with a handgun you don't plan on keeping. Love my FNS 9. I've shot Glocks, Smiths and Sig as well but prefer this mine. I either recommend the FNS or 9mm Glock to any of my friends looking to get into shooting. Pic related
>>
>>32728708
OK pic won't post for some reason but it's a Canik TP9SF.
>>
>>32726048
Dude, it's fine. You bought *a* gun, which is more than many can say. Enjoy it.
>>
>>32726048
Don't fall for the "just buy a used Glock bro" meme
This thing looks better than a Glock, and it's just as reliable for a cheaper price. Just get a trigger kit for it.
>>
>>32728708
That one is single action correct?
Gen1 single action decocks to double

Gen 2 single action decocks to dead trigger (weird)

Gen 3 (sf) is single action no decock ?

I like that first one the most I think.
>>
>>32728870
Or get the real deal and not have to fix the new gun you just bought
>>
>>32728618
You'd be hard pressed to find any well-regarded pistol for less than $300 online or $400 in a shop.
>>
>>32726048
A lot nicer than my first handgun. I got a Taurus pt111 g2 and kind of wish I would have saved for a nicer used gun. That said I have never had a FTF or any other major issues; just don't like shooting it much.
>>
>>32728944
I don't think they broke it down by generation, but it goes like

TP9 SA: decocks to dead trigger
TP9 V2: decocks to DA
TP9SF: no decocks, no safety (just like a Glock)

So you'd want the V2 then
>>
>>32728979
I know, that's why I posted a list of the few pistols that you can find at those prices. I guess I left out the ruger. My question is, when comparing the sd9ve to its classmates, how is it somehow well below par? Which of those other options is so much better. The tp9 has some more refined features but it's also a relatively obscure newcomer, and the ruger is at best about the same near as I can tell.

I'm still trying to figure out where all these vastly superior $300 options are. It seems to me that the sdve and the canik sit on the top of the 300 dollar full sized 9mm pyrmid.
>>
>>32726048
The ghetto glock?

It works just fine. Trigger is pretty meh, but it works.

If possible i would save up and get a glock at least.
>>
>>32728957
You can still use it without the trigger kit, just won't be too accurate outside of 20 feet.
>>
File: 1484269851888.jpg (224KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1484269851888.jpg
224KB, 1536x2048px
>>32726048
Just bought this today. Taking it to the range tomorrow.
>>
>>32727492
i'm picking one up on tuesday because I don't have the option of the fns9 due to >california and the glocks don't fit my hands well
Will be my first handgun. It was a gamble but hickock says they aren't bad so im hopeful
>>
>>32729011
Same although i do love my G2
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.