[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New EDC stuff: multitool or wallet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 325x155px
Hey guys, lost my multi-tool some time last week and im sick of my officer model swissy but my wallet is falling apart, what should I replace first?
>>
I would like to bump this thread on some multi tool recommendations, any advice anons? It looks like leatherman are the best one but idk.
>>
Make your own wallet and buy a wave or victorinox swisstool
>>
>>32725537
I have a Trayvax Contour wallet, I took it with me to DC this week for Trumps Inauguration, got through TSA and SS just fine, its pretty small and looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GDpl7QFLg&t=181s
>>
>>32727559
WTF that shit only fits 1-5 bills folded up? Useless
>>
>>32727559
>$160
>can barely hold shit
>literally just a metal frame with some leather
>doesn't even block RFID like most other card holders/money clips these days

a fool and his money..
>>
File: besmarterwithyourmoneyfaggot.jpg (270KB, 1321x833px) Image search: [Google]
besmarterwithyourmoneyfaggot.jpg
270KB, 1321x833px
>>32725537
>>32727559
Here you go, OP and good goy anon. It's even water resistant.
>>
>>32727685
>>32727624
But muh tacticool high speed low drag wallet?

But to be fair if anon likes it's what matters, it's his money and no one has a saying in the way he chooses to spend it.
>>
File: Skeletool mod.jpg (547KB, 2430x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Skeletool mod.jpg
547KB, 2430x1368px
>>32725537
Depends what you're looking for.

I get by with a ten dollar tyvek mighty wallet from amazon which does everything I want it do and is still super light weight.

I EDC a Skeletool CX and a Charge TTI, but the CX more often. Is there any situation where you would need more tools than the CX offers?
>>
File: Leatherman OHT.jpg (49KB, 550x454px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman OHT.jpg
49KB, 550x454px
>>32727272
Leatherman all the way. I don't feel like Gerber makes super high quality products, and Victorinox I'm just meh about

Keychain tool: Squirt is fantastic

Pocket: Juice for more features and Skeletool CX for better steel and one handed operation

Full size: Wave, Charge if you feel like spending more money on the exact same thing

Heavy duty: Rebar for value, OHT for one handed operation. MUT if you wanna be super tactical
>>
File: centerdrive.jpg (29KB, 528x467px) Image search: [Google]
centerdrive.jpg
29KB, 528x467px
I've been eyeing the Center-Drive for awhile, first multi-tool with a usable screwdriver I've seen.
>>
Regular skeleton and maxpedition micro.
>>
File: 20161222_003842.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_003842.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Sidekick is most useful and is my go-to for work

Signal is out of work and hunting

Micra (not pictured) for when can't be bothered carrying full size tool like fishing/cycling
>>
File: IMG_20151202_182710134.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_182710134.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
Learn how to leathercraft and make your own wallet like this.
>>
>>32725537
These are pretty great. Had one for years now. I don't see them recommended all that much.

The sailcloth really holds up. http://www.raggededgegear.com/index.php/
>>
I'd go multitool.
A good wallet is like $20 which is absolutely nothing anyway,and you can always patch your existing one in the meantime.
>>
>>32727272
Nice digits
>>
>>32732522
That's a fancy wallet.
>>
File: ridgewallet.jpg (245KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ridgewallet.jpg
245KB, 1200x675px
> 2017
> not using carbon fiber minimalist wallet
plebs
>>
I'm using a Leatherman Skeletool and a Rev as my EDC. Have had the Skeletool for a few years now and really like it. Misplaced it for 2 months and ended up buying the Rev because it was cheap and it was there. Haven't used the Rev much but hasn't disappointed when have.

Currently I just flip a coin each morning and pack one.
>>
I use a wallet like this. Mine is Tumi because I had a giftcard to a place that sold them, but other brands make similar stuff for cheaper. I really like it because it's not much bigger than one of those hard "minimalist" wallets but it's much more flexible, holds more stuff, has better organization, and is more comfortable in the pocket.
>>
I got a Leatherman Rebar, and I like it. Sidekick/Wingman is good on a budget.
>>32727272
Leatherman is by far the best. Stay away from skeletools unless all you want are A E S T H E T I Cs, they're too big for how many tools they have.
>>
>>32732999
Think the point of a skeletool is to be a knife with some tools more than a multitool with a knife. That's why I like mine.
>>
>>32733043
That's a fair point. Just think it's a bit wasteful with how it's laid out. I'm also not a huge fan of combination blades, so that could be a part of why I don't like them.
>>
>>32725537
I EDC the Leatherman Wingman and just buy the cheap( $10 at my local walgreens ) 2-pack anti-RFID wallets with Cardlock tech.The wallets maybe last you 4-6 months so I feel I can get away with such a cheap purchace on wallets once or twice a year. If you do something like that you could put the money you'd spend on a nicer wallet toward your tool.
>>
>>32733128
I can definitely see why people want a dedicated knife. And for those people the Skeletool isn't that great. Better to have a dedicated knife and a small or large multitool.

But for me the minimalist and compactness of the skeletool is great.
>>
>>32733198
I always prefer a small multi tool in the little coin pocket in my jeans, and a dedicated knife right below it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.