[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help finding good ear protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 41Ax4oZwZmL.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41Ax4oZwZmL.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
Hey guys, help me find good ear protection please, 100$ is my budget.

I was looking at this one, far below my budget, but >10,000 customer reviews so I think it must be good. What do you think?

any other recommendations are welcome as well
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B001T7QJ9O

forgot link
>>
>>32725328
I like mine just fine outside, at crowded indoor ranges I usually wish I had more noise reduction and double up with foam earplugs.
>>
>>32725345
you get any pain indoor?
>>
Bought a pair. I can't get them to seal properly, so they just sit on my shelf.
>>
>>32725427
This is the major fault I've found with them, and noise reduction rating means shit all if they don't seal well.

I think they'd be fine if they fit you right, but having tried them and also some Comtac XP super duper top of the like OPERATOR earpro I settled on some MSA Sordin with gel like seals; they fit me the best and molded to me so well I could tell a difference between them and the Comtac XP which are better on paper. I still double up though, especially when I'm on ranges with basically 3 out of four directions covered for the sound to bounce back off.
>>
>>32725328
Just got some for christmas and used em once at an indoor range. Worked pretty well, but depending on the direction I was facing the shooting was louder or quieter, I suppose because of the direction of microphone. I suppose more expensive ones alleviate this problem.
>>
Is electronic protection important?
Asking because I have a pair of Peltor Optime II from work, and I don't like paying money if I don't have to.
>>
>>32725345
>>32725461
>and double up with foam earplugs.
try some surefire EP-3's for doubling up. They last forever too as long as you q-tip your ears before you put them in, and if you get earwax in the tube, let it sit out and dry and they will crust off with a rolling motion.
>>
>>32726164
The electronic part doesn't make it safer. None of them are cancelling the noise of a gunshot. They just have a microphone to pick up sound, and quickly shut off the microphone when the sound level gets too loud.

Noise cancelling headphones are a separate thing, and they work best against constant machine noises like airplane engines.
>>
>>32725418
not him but I definitely do.

It also made my flinch worse when other people fire.
>>
>>32726241
Thanks!
I should add, I have a suppressor on my gun, but I work in a pretty noisy environment, so I'd rather not take my chances.
>>
>>32725328
I just went through this a few days ago when I thought I lost my Impact sports.

They're my favorite muffs ever, although my only comparison were the passive, xbox hueg muffs that you typically see newbie shooters using.

Once you go electronic, you'll never want to go back. You can hear everything around you while shooting and still protect your hearing, it's amazing. If you've never tried electronic muffs, the Impact Sports are the way to go. Everything about them is fucking great, and even if you double up (I don't, and I have no issues, but I shoot outdoors exclusively and I've heard that shooting indoors makes doubling up necessary) you can hear fucking everything on the highest volume setting.

The one issue people seem to have is:
>>32725461
Issues with sealing. I don't think I have a big head or anything, and I feel like they seal well enough. Try and see if a local store has a pair for sale that you can try on I guess is my only advice.

Like I said, I thought I lost them a few days ago and was going to buy a replacement. I was torn between buying another set of Impact Sports and an alternative. I found
https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Tactical-Electronic-Hearing-Protector/dp/B00NAG4WX2
and
https://www.amazon.com/RangeGuard-Electronic-Hearing-Protector-RG-OTH-4/dp/B00UAM0MFG

which are roughly the same price and offer the same features. People who had issues with the impact sports sealing tend to favor these, although the reviews say the hearing amplification is done better in the impact sports.

But overall. I cannot overstate how amazing electronic muffs are in general, you will love them. The impact sports are also impossibly slim, meaning you will barely feel them and they don't interfere with anything. All the electronic muffs I've mentioned also have an aux in connection, which means you can safely listen to music while shooting, way too cool.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.