[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's a good pistol light under $50?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

what's a good pistol light under $50?
>>
>>32722405
50 $1 gas station flashlights.
>>
>>32722405
There isn't one.
>>
File: image6297.jpg (215KB, 1270x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image6297.jpg
215KB, 1270x1920px
>>32722405
>good
>under $50
>>
>>32722405
if it doesn't have to be attached to the gun, a nitecore P12 is pretty fucking nice, of course a charger and protected-18650 batteries not included. Multimode, tailcap switch with momentary, and a dedicated shaft mode switch. 1000 Lumens, not "1000" lumens like those shit lights sold on "survivalist" stores. Since you are on a budget, the flexibility will help you in the long run.

Otherwise get a NCstar or some cheapo with a cree LED and save up for a Streamlight TLR-1HL, you don't need a laser, trust me.
The CREE led is important, find a reputable seller/rebrander that isn't marketing 200lm bulbs as two-thousand lumen bulbs.
>>
There isn't one.

$60 will buy you a TLR-3, if you are patient. This the minimum viable light.

Amazon has a TLR-1 for $83 still, which is an awesome deal, but it's backordered right now.
>>
>>32722405

What >>32722429 said.

Just get one of these though, or a bigger brighter one. They are cheap but they fucking work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Generic-20193-Ozark-Trail-Flashlight-200-Lumens/49332928
>>
File: gun_w_lights_websf.jpg (194KB, 1211x912px) Image search: [Google]
gun_w_lights_websf.jpg
194KB, 1211x912px
>>32722464
Here is a pic for relevance, have had the P12 since summer of 15, beat the shit out of it on the daily.
>>
Is there a major difference between the streamlight tlr1 and tlr3?
>>
>>32722646
TLR-1 is more durable and more than twice the output. TLR-1 can also use a remote battery cap.
>>
>>32722502
>$60 will buy you a TLR-3, if you are patient. This the minimum viable light.
How's the durability on the plastic housing? I have the TLR-1 and it has taken some drops off the nightstand.. Want to toss it on my truck pistol.

>>32722646
TLR-1
300 lumens, dual battery metal housing
TLR-1HL,
800 Lumens, metal housing, dual battery
TLR-3
125, Plastic Housing, single battery
>>
Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA

It isn't a weaponlight but you can use it as an EDC light in conjunction with a firearm. Yes, you can shoot at an acceptable level of proficiency with one hand on the light. Like anything else, it is something that is learned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7FMj6kbik

It's in my opinion that someone should get a handheld white light before they buy a weaponlight. You can't search underneath your car or walk your dog with your Glock out.
>>32722646
TLR3 is for smaller railed handguns. The TLR1 is also much more durable but there's handguns like the PX4 Compact that do not have a full length rail to facilitate something like the X300 or TLR1 so the TLR3 is the only option.

Also the TLR's high lumen model is the one you should spring for. More lumens is better in every situation.
>>
>>32722681
>truck pistol
Just get a decent hand torch. The TLR-3 is fine for most normies.

Lithium disposable CR123A are more tolerant of cold temperatures and whatnot that a light in your car would be exposed to.
>>
>>32722464

>Multi mode

The only modes a defensive light should have are on and off.
>>
>>32723326
>not including high-intensity strobe with real halloween sound effects
>>
>>32722405
a used surefire or streamlight from a friend thats upgrading and not trying to jew you.
>>
>>32722701
>More lumens is better in every situation.

except when your eyes are adjusted to the low light, then backsplash from a high lumen light can effect your performance.

300 is considered by professionals to be the ideal output
>>
>>32723326
this
>>
Related question, what's a good light or the particular model of a maglite that doubles as weapon?
>>
>>32724464
>halloween sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-klQ-kpq98
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.