[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

some legal adice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: single shot.jpg (44KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
single shot.jpg
44KB, 640x365px
OK, so legally speaking, if one were to not have a FID or any kind off firearm permit and the lived in New Jersey, would there anything illegal about going to upstate new york, buying a single shot 12ga, bringing it home back to commiefornie-lite and putting it in an emergency bag?
>>
>>32721618
Yes. It is illegal in NJ to purchase firearms without an FPID and without both parties filling out and retaining copies of a certificate of eligibility. If you lived out of state and brought your guns with you or inherited them you don't need an FPID, and technically the state doesn't have eyes everywhere so they wouldn't know, but if anything happens and your shut gets confiscated they'll probably ask a lot of questions about where it came from if there's no coe for it and you don't have an fpid.
>>
>>32721693
I wouldn't be PURCHASING it in NJ though. I'd go to New York to actually buy it - that would be a loophole, no?
>>
>>32721714
No, you're a resident of NJ so the transaction has to comply with the laws of NY and NJ.
>>
>>32721813
And what if one were to still have a New York ID? I used to live in New York....if it isn't registered I could get away with saying I bought it while I lived there?
>>
>>32721813
In all honesty I just don't want to pay for the FID, and I also want to avoid having one in the first place - I would rather not be on record as being a firearms owner, especially if it's just a glorified muzzle loader.
>>
>>32721837
Why wouldn't you just get what you need to purchase in NJ?
>>
>>32721853
Have you ever bought a firearm before? Gone thru a background check? You're already on the list.
>>
>>32721868
Because I'm a cheap, nearly broke bastard who just wants a food-getter in case shtf
>>32721877
I haven't. Never owned a firearm before, in any state.
>>
>>32721813
If an NJ resident drives to DE they don't need to pay sales tax just because they are NJ residents. Your logic is fucked, and even if it made sense, anons idea seems pretty sensible to me.
>>
>>32721877
My mother also threw me in a loony bin when I was 15 because I was "addicted" to marijuana and I'd probably have to go through an expensive court battle to get that expunged.
>>
not OP but I take it buying parts would be a loophole for said problem
>>
>>32721896
I'm really asking if I could get away with it. As far as I know there is no reason I can't buy one in New York. If I got it home safely, I wouldn't run into any problems once it's in the door no?
>>
>>32721904
ok, but what about the lower? wouldn't I need an FID to buy that in NJ? Or is that applicable to shotguns like that?
>>
>>32721912
Why not go to a less restrictive state like PA? Going to NY to purchase a firearm kind of illegally sounds like a terrible idea.
Besides, if you're gonna break the law, break it proper and get something decent from a free-er state.
>>
>>32721886
Well then just admit you're poor and can't afford it right now.

If you're buying from a dealer, you'll have to go thru a background check. Which puts you on "the list" (but there is no list, yeah right). And if you've lived for any amount of time in NJ and gave an address in NY, you might just trigger something. And then you've lied on the background check and you're fucked.

Just fucking do it right or don't do it all.
>>
>>32721948
I live 20 minutes from the NY border, and am in no financial position to move. I work 2 part time jobs, am paying off student loans, and am 20 years old.
>>
>>32721970
And if I found some guy selling it on backpage?
>>
>>32721970
Well. Now that I think about it, what if one were to actually make the thing in the first place? No purchasing, I didn't anything regarding making one for personal use.....I'm fairly certain I could buy 90% of the parts pre-made and I'm handy enough to make a single shot 12 ga
>>
File: 1427751560290.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427751560290.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>32721989
>>
>>32722032
NJ state law forbids the manufacturing of firearms unless you hold a license for it.
>>
>>32722055
I get that. That, is illegal. I really, really doubt I would get caught dicking around in my garage though. I have all the necessary tools, as my grandfather is a machinist.
>>32722048
I take it that means nothing would happen?
>>
>>32722055
God damn I need to get out of this godforsaken state. Thank god trump won.
>>
>>32722065
Look dude, if you're going to do it then shit or get off the pot. We already explained NJ law to you. You're unlikely to get caught, but if you do it's probably a felony or two given NJ's hard on for gun control.
>>
>>32722085
I'm really just concerned about legality once the project is complete. If I were to claim I got it out of state and moved here with it and they had no way to prove otherwise I'd be fine?
>>
>>32722110
Depends on NY's firearm process. Do you need a card to buy long guns in NY? Do you need to register them with the state like in Cali? If you do and they go to pull records from the state, then you're fucked because you won't have it on record. If NY still allows private sales with no way of tracking them, you'll be fine, but for all the hassle you might as well just apply for an FPID so you can buy guns in the state. It's like $90 total for fingerprinting and the application once it's all done.
>>
>>32721618
Try and move bro. Get away from the extortion fees to exercise your right.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.