[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

heres a weapon design challenge /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 15

File: pewpew.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
alright /k/, so the military of the USA/russia/outer heaven/otter haven has given you a near infinite amount of money and time to design a weapon that does not primarily deal bodily or structural damage through the transfer of energy such as a bullet, high amounts of heat, or the shockwave of an explosion, what do you design?

>example: a beam that interferes with the electronic signaling of the human brain, it still uses some sort of energy (since waves carry energy) but thats not the primary way it deals damage

remember, it needs to be an effective weapon to use on the frontline of the battlefield/ domestically so id imagine something like a gun that gave you AIDS would be pretty shitty since the war might be over before they even became a casualty.
>>
Question: are we limited by international laws, eg. the Geneva and Hague Conventions?
>>
gun that shoots s tiny pair of scissors that fly behind the target and snip the brain stem
>>
>>32720282
hmm, id say thats up to you, but i guess in that case everyone would just do a bioweapon that melts skin or some shit
>just most importantly make it at least believable to be something that could be made in the next 100 years or so

>>32720288
fuck... thats so stupid it works
>>
>>32720213
The only practical weapons that meet this criterion and aren't science fiction are biological and chemical weapons.
>>
>>32720213
A hamburger cannon. You fire burgers at the enemy and after they eat them they become patriots. Dog bless.
>>
>>32720331
well then get scifi, or at least theoretical anon
>>
a big pile of mud with sand mixed in
>>
>>32720354
Dismemberment by creating a wormholes which encloses only part of the target.
>>
For confined spaces, something like a compressed nitrogen grenade.

Throw it into a room, the canister explodes releasing the nitrogen, which then reacts with the oxygen in the room and produces nitrous oxide, suffocating anyone inside.

Could also be used in trenches, because it's heavier than air, so it'll sink into the lower extremities.
>>
>>32720213
A tank gun that fires an artificially created super dense element, the shell is triggered and creates a directional gravitic flux that accelerates the shell, increasing speed and damage over range, this is limited by the ultra short half life of the element causing a collapse in the gravitic acceleration
>>
>>32720327
also doesnt break any geneva conventions once my weapons get on the field guns will be labelled as doing "undo harm" and be outlawed
>>
File: images (9).jpg (9KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
9KB, 295x171px
>>
File: 1484778127001.jpg (58KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484778127001.jpg
58KB, 412x640px
A grenade that releases clouds of nanomachines which bind to and obstruct airways and eyes. Make a version for use in Mk19s and another for the m320.
>>
>>32720213
A magnetic Liquid nitrogen grenade anti vehicle grenade

The grenade attaches flush to the plate due to magnetism, washes the surface with Liquid nitrogen to freeze the object, then a HE kicker charge will detonate the frozen area
>>
File: 'dr' krieger.jpg (81KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
'dr' krieger.jpg
81KB, 650x366px
Two words - ejaculation ray. Don't ask me how it works.
>>
File: nanomachines.jpg (168KB, 934x834px) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines.jpg
168KB, 934x834px
>>32720661
war is gonna get weird once nano machines get involved
>>32720501
That would honestly be really scary, but wouldn't it need to bond to free radical oxygen? most airborne oxygen is the very stable O2
>>
>>32720661
Make it nanomachines which destroy targets via mechanical action.
>>
>>32720804
I don't know, I'm no science man. I just thought up the idea based off that lake in Africa that murdered a bunch of people by carbon dioxide, but wanted something that quickly reacts with oxygen instead of having to replace it. A few Googles later, came up with nitrogen.
>>
You are not allowed to use a weapon that kills people in any of the effective ways that weapons kill people? The fuck is this bullshit?

Fine. Chemical gas grenade launchers it is.
>>
>Diarrhea Microwave Gun
>Emits EM waves that cause intestinal contents to boil within the victim
>As heat increases, the victim expels boiling diarrhea
>This causes extensive internal and external burns, leading to an immensely painful death
>Entire battlefield smells like burning shitty carcasses
>Effective on all races/nationalities except Poo-in-loos because they have Curry +1 protection and already fucking stink
>>
>Nigger Gun
>Instantly modifies genetic makeup of victim
>Victim Transniggrefies within 3-4 seconds of exposure
>After Niggrification, victim becomes hostile and unruly towards own side
>Basically turns enemies against themselves
>Only downside is that area becomes desolate, barren, and smells terrible for years to come
>Also, everything within a 10 mile radius is looted
>>
>Brain static cannon
>Get a bunch of random brain signals u get from hospital
>Overlap
>Add ones from people with ptsd, schizophrenia, autism... /b/ users
>overlap signals of those as well
>find way to turn into concentrated sound
>shoot at man
>watch in horror as he transforms into a disabled clusterfuck who can only think about ylyl banana maymays
>>
Minecraft bow and arrow

Comes with +5 autism Unbreaking
>>
Gun that releases nanomachines per 300 burst (works like flamethrower)

Bees fly around in a circular motion, make kazoo noises and have a little tazer on it
explodes and ejects tazer into target on impact
>>
>>32720213
Serious answer

Flechettes
A round that explodes into a "flower" is useless against a hard material but lethal against flesh
It violates so many treaties, but it's what you want

It's like a hollowpoint on steroids.
>>
>>32721100
aww sorry someone made you actually try and use your brain and imagination anon
>>
>>32721319

I don't think you know what flechettes are
>>
>>32721406
Whatever

Low velocity rounds that expand on contact
>>
Really loud kazoo attached to airhorn attached to plane napal- "incendiary" bomb attached to self adjusting altimeter.

It generates the worst noise in mankind as it burns cities to the ground
>>
>>32720666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBA6ev5HMe4
>>
>>32720213
I got a couple ideas.

A weapon that makes your muscles go mad and tear themselves apart, leaving you a useless bag of bones after you eventually stop shaking. I have no idea what form this takes, probably an electrical discharge into the nervous system.

Sound weaponry? Not really my idea, but you could probably make the enemy useless by raping his ears, then go pick up all the crippled prisoners and their gear. Best used as a bomb-type weapon.

Computer controlled laser turrets.
Hear me out, now.
A computer controlled turret that looks for open eyes or optics and laser blasts them. Goodbye, seeing things. You could even have it auto-focus the laser, probably. This would be pretty small and mounted on like, everything that moves on the ground. Also, dedicated aerial drones with these.
>but enemy is immune to it if he closes his eyes!
How does he retaliate then? Spraying wildly doesn't work for the muhajideen so why would it work for anyone else?
>lol laser goggles
If it doesn't let the laser through, that means the laser can burn through. I'm probably wrong about that.
Obviously this is my fave. For like, $10k, everyone near your vehicle/drone/robot/whatever has to shut their eyes or be blinded. Or be wearing laser safety goggles for the specific type of laser you're pewing them with.
For an extra couple grand you could probably rig it with like, 4 different types of laser. Light wavelengths, whatever the fuck I'm not... the Sun.
I really don't think I'm the first to have this idea and I'm sure it will show up on someone's MBTs and IFVs in 5-15 years.
>>
>ctrl-f
>dazzler
>0 responses

For fail, /k/

Dazzles have been a near-future sci-fi staple for decades

You have a laser platform and sensors that can detect pupils
If they see eyes, they shoot a laser in them faster than the eye can blink and now that person is blind
Zero-combative rating.

Bill Gates already has a laser system that can identify and destroy mosquitoes
We can build a dazzler today
But some mountain Jew convention stops us

You plant down a dazzler on highground
And suddenly you own all of line of sight
>>
>>32721677
>>32721735
Sorry, I didn't know the name of it.
>Dazzler
Yup, that sounds about right.
>mfw my idea is old hat and I'm probably just remembering it out of a novel
>>
> making a beam that disrupts atom arrangement that can be fine tuned to various substances. Thus turning solids into less solid things rapidly.
>>
Bomb that decreases the vacuum state in a controlled area

(everything within accelerates apart at the speed of light)

Draw-back, if the explosion isn't stable then it would only take on to rip the universe apart, you won't know when though, because the speed of light is near-instant ;)
>>
>>32720213
so basically you want a neutron bomb?
>>
Flamethrower combines with assault that shoots flaming glass flechettes
>>
>>32721810
>>32721834
The Niven "Known Space" series had a gun that neutralizes the electrostatic force, causing electrons to fall into their protons, which dusted the molecules involved

It also had an option to have one side neutralize the positive force and the other the negative causing a massive differential which resulted in a big boom
>>
>>32720213

syringe gun filled with toxin

electrical grenade

31 flavors of disease

grey goo bullets
>>
>>32721890
Neat, The way I pictured it in my mind is simply like undoing a string on a compressed object, at least in the case of humans, the outward force of our bodies no longer bound by tension would result in rapid swelling. I might have the wrong scientific reason for this effect, but that's the idea.
>>
Accelerated Aids bioweapon

Pepperspray-like substance spraying out a semi-corrosive fluid that is filled with a incredibly potent form of aids, along with a myriad of stds

Since fluid is corrosive the viruses are modified to have a thin coating that dissipates after 6-7 seconds, therefore not having a chance of getting in a water supply

Since liquid is corrosive and also slowly turns into a sticky, white superglue on contact with oxygen

Want to die a blind man covered in herpes?
>>
>>32720213
Crossbow with VX laced bolts.
>>
>>32721922
AIDS isn't a virus
You mean HIV
AIDS isn't even very fast
It takes decades to kill
Poor weapon

But, HIV is a retrovirus
That means it changes your very DNA instead of just hijacking the messenger RNA

A retrovirus is the ultimate weapon because it wouldn't even need to kill the targets. It's change them
And change is better than death for your enemies
>>
>>32721941
You forgot the other stds

and the fact that they are now blind

maybe I should add anthrax...
>>
>>32721963
Ebola is what you want
You want a weaponized disease, that's the base

Diseases by their nature do not kill fast
Otherwise, they'd kill off all their hosts and go extinct
But Ebola has stuck around despite being a fast killer

Weaponize that and Jesus Mary and Joseph, now you got a killer b'y
>>
rocket like object

Looks like a oversized rifle bullet

pointy end attaches into ground and anchors self with 3-4 prongs
(engine along with thrusters fall off before impact)
Machine below launches a bomb upwards, bomb causes a disturbance in air pressure, creating a f5 tornado
bomb is covered in shrapnel and pulverised glass

Rip entire city
>>
>>32720213
So, to be clear, you're looking for something that will kill or disable a protected human without destroying the stuff around him, right?
Probably for boarding combat on spaceships where damage to either vessel is absolutely not allowable.

Large bore soft projectiles would basically be a gun that shoots punches, that could work?
Frangible rounds are a thing too, but they would be fucked by armor. So would the fistgun, and a brainfuck beam. You actually need to go for just enough power to barely not penetrate the ship's components and hope to fuck your enemies aren't more armored than that. Bio and chemical weapons are easily defeated by the armor's life support system.

Even in a ground-based scenario, the targets will still be armored, and the best way to defeat armor is the three things we are forbidden to use. Chemical and Bio would work better but as soon as they became the norm, groundside armor would have life support too.
>>
>>32722006
Based off of the mars 96 Penetrator (spacecraft term faggots)
and the Challenger rocket mission
>>
>>32722006
You don't need the anchor and it already exists

Fuel-air bombs already do it
>>
Nanobots that crawl up your ass and expand by absorbing all the water and oxygen inside

You'll be a constipated skeleton if you survive
>>
>>32720213
>near infinite
i'd just build radio, cell, tv networks, waterworks, power grid, trash pickup, and fuel storage, and subsidize the whole thing plus the cost of securing it and everyone there who takes advantage of it without taxing any of them (at first).

the enemy would probably start voting themselves into submission, lol. pro tip: the US has been deploying this weapon on people since the end of the whiskey rebellion and is currently using it right now in puerto rico
>>
>>32720501
Air is 70%nitrogen retard.
>>
>>32720213
I invented this when I was 5: a microwave laser
>>
>>32720213
Combination LSD/DMT gas bombs or dart guns. Enemy soldiers disabled by spontaneous religious experiences
>>
>>32721890
I liked the Dr Device in Ender's Game, which creates a molecular destabilization field that spreads with every molecule it destabilizes in a chain reaction. The best part is the molecules eventually re-coalesce but as a useless jumble of random-ordered matter resembling dirt, so easy to recycle
Useless against individual soldiers (might literally blow up the planet) but excellent in the air and in space
>>
Buy a microwave, punch out the glass, and turn it on. Cook people to death with it.
>>
>>32721991
plague is even better
If you inhale plague there is a 95% chance you will die, but it doesn't form spores
>>
File: Asuka is angry.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka is angry.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>32726502
It's like a flame-thrower, but with less explosions.
>>
>>32720213
A sonic weapon that vibrates calcium crystal at its unsustainable resonance frequency. The calcium crystals in human bone separate from the collagen fibers binding them, creating thousands of tiny stress fractures. Eventually, the bones themselves will be so weakened that muscular tension will be able to pull the tendons loose from the binding sites. Damage will be further compounded by fall trauma shattering weakened bone once the muscle can no longer support the target.

Basically, we go tacoma narrows on peoples skeletons.
>>
>>32720213
There is one that transfers energy, which results in heat. Theyre called Active Denial Systems. You dont need to interfere with the brain to fuck it, just the nervous system.

Else a hormone/pheromone bomb would also be nice.
>>
>>32720213
Casaba Derringer.

Miniaturized casaba howitzer using a less stable element like Californium of Americium because of their significantly lower critical mass. Rounds would need to be stored at near cryogenic temperatures to slow element decay, but even then wouldn't last long. However, the small nuclear reaction could reduce the traditional copper penetrator of a a conventional shaped charge into plasma instead of just melting it (it's actually a matter of some question whether this actually occurs or not, still I can't imagine the use of a fission payload would decrease the damage potential.)

Also, the use of the artificial higher level radioactive elements could be used to create sort of a nuclear fuel air bomb. Instead of an implosion type initiator, you would have a conventional charge wrapped in your element of choice to force it to expand outward on detonation. The atomic level collision would induce fission on the innermost atoms, providing more energy to push the payload forward and simultaneously triggering fission in the outward layers. It would probably lose out on raw destructive power against conventional nuclear weapons, however it would probably spread your heat and overpressure over a much wider area, to say nothing of how nasty the fallout would be from the unfissed payload.
>>
Ever wonder how a single non-replicating nanobot can become a weapon of (possible) mass destruction?
bullet is called chrono cock-block
Fired from semi-auto-like flamethrower
nano-bots target only human victims marked by laser pointer on the end, which can be changed to become a thermal heat ray to incapacitate the enemy

nanobots have tungsten reinforced mini-drills that are painless, as well as almost invisible

nanobot scans dna, goes back through time, tracks down your parents, releases chemical that kills all sperm for 15 years inside your father.

Side effects include- the Butterfly effect, such as Hitler winning WW2, or Hillary becoming president.
>>
File: Kraut_Space_Magic.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kraut_Space_Magic.webm
3MB, 720x540px
This in 20mm with HE, incendiary, CS gas and anthrax ammo
>>
>>32728709
It's a pretty shitty design and generally considered a meme.
>small cartridge
>very unpractical ammo for reloading and general usage
>big and unhandy
>low firing rate
>>
>>32728854
>cartridge can be made bigger
>the military doesn't reload
>the rifle was a prototype
>low fire rate is a good thing because it is more controllable
>>
highly dense ball of steel mixed with compressed garbage and scrap metal.

>drop from space
>Instant meteor made of pollution
>>
>>32728854
>criticizing the convenience of a phantasy gun in a phantasy thread.
your points(besides loading) are also not applying to my 20mm mounted version
>>
High strength magnetic fields can generate panic and fear. Could empty an entire battlefield if done correctly.
>>
>>32720213
Does it have to be a gun? If so I'd tell them guns we currently have are adequate and are not the main focus in modern combat.

If not I'd invest in area denial stuff which they're doing anyway. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System)
>>
sub-machine gun that fires hollow point bullets
but there's a catch
mini-gun like barrel
Barrel spins 10 rps
there is a 1/6 chance the following bullets will come out will come out

1.10 ml dose of batrachotoxin
2. incendiary strychnin rounds
3. Explosive white phosphorous
4. Poneratoxin... (sadist's choice)
5. Hydrochloric acid packets inside hollow point round
6. 200 ml bullet with sleeping poison (no hollow point )

As you can see, this is the reverse russian roulette, getting shot would make your pray it was bullet #6
Since not many of you guys will know at least one of the toxins I'll give a description as well
1 Frog venom, no cure
2 Causes fatal muscle spasms
3 Causes fire that melts to the bone
4 Toxin is from the bullet ant, nuff said...
5 Basically stomach acid
6 The lucky bullet
>>
>Memetic found in media or computer virus
> Composed of 3 files
> Picture, text that can be read/heard, barely audio noise
> Upon exposure victims count every time they exhale as loud as they can
>victim's adrenal glands overclock
>Victim sits down and curls into ball head facing around
>upon seeing anyone in this position or counting they will immediately enter a rage state and try to kill them using any tool or body part
>Counter memetics exposed to allied countries, can be cured by exposure to a counter memetic.
>all children and people of allies are exposed to counter memetics secretly from media they are exposed to
>counter memetics expire after 10 years

>victims of memetic perform suicide upon counting to 1,000
>>
So take an anti-runway bomb, fill the bomblets with superconducting electormagnets appropriately cooled, and a high voltage capacitor to start the current. When they hit the ground the capacitor discharges and bathes the are in a high strength magnetic field. Then just sit back and watch then kill each other.
>>
>>32721458
hollow point?

flechettes are basically sewing needles
>>
File: Dr. Seltsam6.jpg (86KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Seltsam6.jpg
86KB, 650x400px
>>32729168
>incendiary strychnin rounds
>>
>>32720213
A gun that shoots horse semen. The enemy is either so demoralized that they can't resist you or so turned on that they don't bother.
>>
>>32730137
>wasting horse semen
You aren't even factoring in all the soldiers out there who have entire camelbaks full of horse cum
>>
File: 1379254100797.jpg (198KB, 522x815px) Image search: [Google]
1379254100797.jpg
198KB, 522x815px
>>32720213
I just design the LRAD again but more ergonomically designed, as well as fitting the larger wider area communication LRADs to vehicles to accompany squads of heavily ear defended soldiers, which incapacitates most of the things in it's close, dangerous radius at least by way of suddenly making them deaf.
I'd swap out the LRAD beeping for sweet harsh noise albums, and have the weapon's operator's voices hooked directly up to the LRAD so they could communicate / scream their enemies to death/deaf.
>>
File: 1407833218.jpg (20KB, 252x234px) Image search: [Google]
1407833218.jpg
20KB, 252x234px
>>32729168
>Poneratoxin
Why not Moroidin?
>>
>>32730423
>destroy animals and birds hearing
>ecosystem fails
>you and your men all starve along with everything else that isn't bacteria, virus or nigger

sounds good
>>
>>32730475
Good, good,
But be aware it can be treated
whereas im going for the acute pain that'll make u instantly shit bricks upon impact
>>
File: See-What-I-Did-There-Anon.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
See-What-I-Did-There-Anon.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>32730080
It'll look like they're trying to SHAKE off the flames
>>
>>32720501
>Nitrogen reacts with oxygen in room
>>
>>32731120
They'll never hear the niggers behind their back
>>
>>32720213
well then my weapon is a virus, either biological or (more likely) computer
one small tap and even giants may fall
>>
>>32720213
Has no one said it?

BOWEL DISRUPTOR
>>
>>32725376
What if it actually worked and just filled the air with nitrous so the enemy just gets ripped on the whippet grenade and is incapacitated because he experiences ego death while simultaneously losing all concept of a physical body
>>
>>32720804
>>32720843
the problem isn't the oxygen, it's the nitrogen, it's incredibly stable when it's bonded with itself or anything in the same column of the periodic table
>>
>>32721220
oh fuck man, you just reminded me, there are directed sound machines
if the weapon isn't the volume or frequency but the content that would count
you could use them to make the enemies think they've all gone mad by beaming them voices no one else can hear
>>
File: 1474667199618.jpg (130KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1474667199618.jpg
130KB, 1023x682px
>>32720213
>a beam that interferes with the electronic signaling of the human brain
>beam
The brain is susceptible to electric fields; it uses near fields to communicate on some levels. You want near field effects in order to interfere, so a beam (far field) is not really an option (at least as one would typically think of a beam).
>>
>>32721850
that acts by direct transfer of neutrons, which you'd class as either tiny projectiles or a form of radiation and therefore energy
the challenge is to make something that doesn't destroy by brute force, basically
t. not OP
>>
Polonium based radiation cannon operated like a flamethrower
>>
>>32726841
that's fucking evil and I want to see it in action
>>
>>32728655
love it
>>
>>32720213
gun that makes people shit and cum uncontrollably.
>>
>>32732411
You find enough of that shit on Literotica
>>
>>32732166

So you can combine it with this guy's idea (below)
>>32729245
And have chaos ensue
>>
>>32720288
We need guys like him at Area 51
>>
Gun that shoots crystallized shards similar to pulverized glass, crystals infused with Brodifacoum
>>
I ask for three million dollars, make a potato gun that fires mustard gas grenades, pocket the money and buy a fucking ton of whisky and dark chocolate and get phenomenally drunk, fat and diabetic with the money.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>32720213
You know those fire hoses? How hard they shoot out water?
Make a magma hose using that system.
Since magma'd be hard to store and move around, make it like, a mounted MG, only since I have lods'e'mone I make some sort of spikey thingamadoodad that drills through the Earth's crust to suck magma up to use directly, and a machine that can withstand the heat.

EAT LAVA HAJI FUCK
>>
Fleuroantimonic acid grenades. It doesn't hurt when it hits you, but it'll start reducing you into a sack of warm flesh goo. It won't hurt a bit until you're already too far gone, then it hurts like hell until your nerve endings turn to jelly. You'll look kinda like a bean bag chair until the weight of your gelatinous internals causes a rupture, then you're basically a water balloon.
>>
>>32730317

No, you're thinking of the Navy.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.